CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    edited March 2020
    igotid88 said:
    SXSW canceled 
    Wow.  Hopefully we hear a statement soon From pj.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
    sgilly1 said:

Coronavirus 1, My Dream 0.  Due to being on immunosuppressants for my heart transplant, I've been told not to attend the Toronto show. I got GA tickets for the first time ever. It was my #1 post transplant bucket list item. 😔😥  To those attending the Toronto show, have fun, God bless and be good to each other!

Take care. Someone will undoubtedly hook you up for a future show 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    mcgruff10 said:
    higotid88 said:
    SXSW canceled 
    I said the other day I'd bet it's 70/30 they cancel/postpone. I'm up to 90/10. I'd guess no later than next week at this time, probably sooner. I think fans traveling make it a no brainer. If they were a band that didn't have a rabid fan base that travels, they might actually pull off the shows. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    SXSW canceled 
    I don't think we'll hear anything until they have a statement to make, meaning only if they are going to cancel, which I'm sure they are waiting as long as they can to see what develops, which could be 3-5 days before first show.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    sgilly1 said:

Coronavirus 1, My Dream 0.  Due to being on immunosuppressants for my heart transplant, I've been told not to attend the Toronto show. I got GA tickets for the first time ever. It was my #1 post transplant bucket list item. 😔😥  To those attending the Toronto show, have fun, God bless and be good to each other!

Great decision. I saw your post on FB last night and wanted to throttle the couple of mouth-breathers who advised to put a mask on, glove up, and go. Those people probably ate lead paint as kids. You're making a wise choice. Your health is infinitely more important than some brief enjoyment at a concert. PJ will tour in support of Gigaton for the next several years. You'll see them next time through. Stay safe and be well!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    MD190661 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    higotid88 said:
    SXSW canceled 
    I said the other day I'd bet it's 70/30 they cancel/postpone. I'm up to 90/10. I'd guess no later than next week at this time, probably sooner. I think fans traveling make it a no brainer. If they were a band that didn't have a rabid fan base that travels, they might actually pull off the shows. 

rabid:  (of an animal) affected with rabies.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    Ohana and Sea Hear Now are announcing on Monday 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Ohana Festival...the one that takes place in September? 
    If that is what you are referencing, why would they announce anything to do with this virus on Monday?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    I hope none of the upcoming Pearl Jam shows are canceled. But if they had to be cautious, maybe just a few shows. They want to play for us as much as we want to see/hear them.

My sympathies to all those who have sensitive immune conditions or live with someone who has a condition, as it is wise to not attend public gatherings at this time.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    They just canceled my national meeting in Vegas for first week of April. I would guess these shows are going to be postponed. I will be disappointed but I get the caution. Hopefully they announce something early next week, they will need to announce something for the Canadian shows for sure.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    igotid88 said:

If that is what you are referencing, why would they announce anything to do with this virus on Monday?
    Announcing their lineups.  Not a cancelation. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mcgruff10 said:
    phaqew said:
    the same idiots that are downplaying all this will end up standing next to you with the sniffles at MSG or wherever else you may be standing. I cant trust the average shithead to do whats right and stay TF home if they're sick. 
    God this is so damn accurate.  
    +2
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

igotid88 said:

Lineups 
    I miss igotid88
  • Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
    This is a media fueled pandemic.   This virus should not be canceling everyday life.   It’s amazing how much power words and headlines  have these days.   Scary as a matter of fact.   The numbers of elderly that have died from the flu this year far outnumber Corona.  The majority of folks won’t even know they have it.   Those are the facts.  Look em up and educate.
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    While I think this is serious, I also agree that we should not be canceling every day life. Be safe, be clean, take precautions, but keep living life. Canceling everything is silly to me.
    edited March 2020
    The mortality rate is 3.4%. That's more than the flu. I know it affects mostly the elderly or people with respiratory problems I believe. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    It is literally impossible to believe a single word these assclows are giving at today's press conference any less than I do.

Its sad, but I'm officially to the point where I don't trust a single syllable that comes out of the mouth of anyone associated with this White House.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    igotid88 said:
    The mortality rate is 3.4%. That's more than the flu
    That's way misleading and only representative of people tested, which is nowhere near how many actually have it.  The ones that get tested are generally ones showing extreme symptoms which gives them priority testing.
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    The way I look at it is if you are under 50 you probably don't have much to worry about. 50 and over specifically 70 and over it's a different story.
    igotid88 said:
    The mortality rate is 3.4%. That's more than the flu
    That's way misleading and only representative of people tested, which is nowhere near how many actually have it.  The ones that get tested are generally ones showing extreme symptoms which gives them priority testing.
    But you're just guessing. I think it takes 2 weeks for symptoms to show. You want to wait until it's 10% or 20%? Then say why wasn't anything done before? It's not the plague. But it's still serious 
    I miss igotid88
    Saltzy23 said:
    It is literally impossible to believe a single word these assclows are giving at today's press conference any less than I do.

Its sad, but I'm officially to the point where I don't trust a single syllable that comes out of the mouth of anyone associated with this White House.
    What took you so long? Been there from the transition period. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    This thread is devolving into borderline fear mongering. I get that we all need to take precautions - wash hands regularly, stay home if you're sick or have been to the affected areas - but that being said, at a certain point you gotta live your life. I sure hope they don't cancel the tour, especially this close to the start, for a disease where there's been 250 cases in a country with a population of 327 million people (.000077% of the population).
    myoung321 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    phaqew said:
    the same idiots that are downplaying all this will end up standing next to you with the sniffles at MSG or wherever else you may be standing. I cant trust the average shithead to do whats right and stay TF home if they're sick. 
    God this is so damn accurate.  
    +2
    That's why they will probably cancel. 

Roscoe28 said:
    This is a media fueled pandemic.   This virus should not be canceling everyday life.   It’s amazing how much power words and headlines  have these days.   Scary as a matter of fact.   The numbers of elderly that have died from the flu this year far outnumber Corona.  The majority of folks won’t even know they have it.   Those are the facts.  Look em up and educate.
    You are welcome to ignore reality and to rely on facts which prove nothing. Of course there are more cases of influenza. It has been around for a damned long time. But we also have vaccines to prevent or minimize the effects, and we have antivirals to treat it. This is a novel virus. It is just getting started. It is killing elderly, and also people with underlying health issues and compromised immune systems. It is reckless to pull a Trump and shrug this off. There is no vaccine and no specific antiviral treatment currently. If you get it, it may be mild, but you can easily pass it along to a compromised friend, or an elderly parent, and their death will be on you. At this point the most important thing we can do is contain this thing, and the way to do it is social distancing and good hygiene. That's currently our only defense. So ignore this at your parents' peril I guess. There isn't much panic around Seattle, which is ground zero, but there is a lot of concern, and people are becoming pretty vigilant about staying protected. I'm guessing you live in an area that is relatively free from this right now, but it is heading your way. Prepare or don't. But don't be naive. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    link93 said:
    The way I look at it is if you are under 50 you probably don't have much to worry about. 50 and over specifically 70 and over it's a different story.
    You may be at less risk of complications personally if you are under 50, but you become a vector for infection of vulnerable people (in this case, older people) if you become infected.  Everyone should take common-sense precautions to avoid infection (hand-washing, some degree of social distancing short of putting your life on hold), and no one should be flippant about it being no big deal if they get it because they're young and healthy.  (I'm not saying that you're being flippant.)

This is the same principle that governs why everyone (who doesn't have a condition that puts them at risk if they receive the vaccine) should get the flu vaccine every year.  If you forgo the vaccine and get the flu, it's not just that you'll have a rough week or two and then recover.  It's that you could end up passing the flu virus on to someone who's not able to withstand it as easily (the elderly, infants, pregnant women, the immunocompromised).

If you haven't already gotten the flu shot, go get it.  If you have health insurance, it should be free.  It won't protect you against COVID-19, and it won't protect you against every strain of flu, but it's better to be protected against some strains than none.  And it cannot give you the flu, contrary to popular belief.  It does not contain live virus.  
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    I will be concerned for the PJ tour being cancelled if other artists start to cancel arena shows.  So far it’s only been the massive festivals.  I still think they should make an announcement that they’re planning to play/not play though.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    link93 said:
    50 or younger is the majority of the fan base.  Make a statement that if you have existing conditions consider not attending, make sure people understand possible risks, etc.  Leave the decision making of whether to attend or not up to the fans. Offer refunds or encourage using the fan to fan to sell the tickets if risk outweighs reward.  Do the shows, take precautions, go about life. That's the way I see it anyway at this point. If this gets way out of hand with case severity,deaths, things would of course change. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    link93 said:
    50 or younger is the majority of the fan base.  Make a statement that if you have existing conditions consider not attending, make sure people understand possible risks, etc.  Leave the decision making of whether to attend or not up to the fans. Offer refunds or encourage using the fan to fan to sell the tickets if risk outweighs reward.  Do the shows, take precautions, go about life. That's the way I see it anyway at this point. If this gets way out of hand with case severity,deaths, things would of course change. 
    Not necessarily. There are many here who are around the same age as the band - mid 50's.

BF25394 said:
    link93 said:
    You may be at less risk of complications personally if you are under 50, but you become a vector for infection of vulnerable people (in this case, older people) if you become infected.  Everyone should take common-sense precautions to avoid infection (hand-washing, some degree of social distancing short of putting your life on hold), and no one should be flippant about it being no big deal if they get it because they're young and healthy.  (I'm not saying that you're being flippant.)

This is the same principle that governs why everyone (who doesn't have a condition that puts them at risk if they receive the vaccine) should get the flu vaccine every year.  If you forgo the vaccine and get the flu, it's not just that you'll have a rough week or two and then recover.  It's that you could end up passing the flu virus on to someone who's not able to withstand it as easily (the elderly, infants, pregnant women, the immunocompromised).

If you haven't already gotten the flu shot, go get it.  If you have health insurance, it should be free.  It won't protect you against COVID-19, and it won't protect you against every strain of flu, but it's better to be protected against some strains than none.  And it cannot give you the flu, contrary to popular belief.  It does not contain live virus.  
    +1
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117
    He’s right ya know… 
This discussion has been closed.