Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    YAKIMATSU said:
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    And i got hammered for saying exactly  the same as these posts right here. This place is ridiculous 
    A portion seem to believe that because they aren't in the high risk areas or demographic that this, literally, is nothing to worry about. They don't seem to realize until getting repeatedly beaten over the head, sometimes, that we are all connected.  Connected down to the star dust. Some appear to not give an f about anything or anybody other than themselves.  Explains our lack of universal healthcare and our huge homeless problem and our massive military. Humans afraid to behave humanely. 
    are you suggesting we all should just shutter in place at home for the next few months?   I get that we are all connected but at this point there is no need to over react and over panic either.  98% of the people who get this virus are fine.    What do you suggest our action should be?
    No.
    I don't know. Isn't that the real problem. Maybe we could be more prepared for likely catastrophic events than we are for war.
    yes there are a lot of unknowns.  i wonder if anyone here is in the Seattle area. Washington state seems to be ground zero in the US at the moment. how is it being handled there?  are schools closed?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    One of the problems with travel insurance is that the fear of travel due to a virus outbreak is NOT a reason for refund. 
    I had a trip to Spain during the US portion of the tour.  We had to cancel because our friend who has the time share in which we r staying can't go because he's on a biologic medicine so his risk for contraction is high.  I have travel insurance and chose the option for cancel for any reason (extra charge).  The rep said that the claim should be approved.  We spoke a bit and she said that the standard policy will probably not cover if the country, state or other govt body imposes restrictions,  I notice an exclusion dealing with govt prohibitions.  Remember each policy is different.
    yes, there are more expensive policies to be bought....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    Here is what is being said by the professionals for the incident at the Tool concert. 

Director-General of Health Dr. Ashley Bloomfield believes the risk to others in the audience is low at this time, but that concert-goers should still be concerned. “There’s no way we could know which people were in that area,” said Bloomfield. “So, our advice to them is that they are casual contacts; they are at low risk.”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
  • Options
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    And i got hammered for saying exactly  the same as these posts right here. This place is ridiculous 
    A portion seem to believe that because they aren't in the high risk areas or demographic that this, literally, is nothing to worry about. They don't seem to realize until getting repeatedly beaten over the head, sometimes, that we are all connected.  Connected down to the star dust. Some appear to not give an f about anything or anybody other than themselves.  Explains our lack of universal healthcare and our huge homeless problem and our massive military. Humans afraid to behave humanely. 
    are you suggesting we all should just shutter in place at home for the next few months?   I get that we are all connected but at this point there is no need to over react and over panic either.  98% of the people who get this virus are fine.    What do you suggest our action should be?
    No.
    I don't know. Isn't that the real problem. Maybe we could be more prepared for likely catastrophic events than we are for war.
    yes there are a lot of unknowns.  i wonder if anyone here is in the Seattle area. Washington state seems to be ground zero in the US at the moment. how is it being handled there?  are schools closed?
    My boss's daughter goes to the University of Washington (which is in Seattle) and she told me this morning that they're now doing all classes virtually...
  • Options
    SD63653SD63653 AZ4LIFE Posts: 66
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    No.

Well, here in Seattle.............Amazon is trying to get employees to work at home.  Schools close to the "Assisted Living Home" are closed.  Seattle Public Schools are open.  The City bought a MOTEL in KENT, WA for 4.1 million a couple days ago.  They will use this motel to quarantine People that have the CR19.    Yesterday it was known that a concession seller has the CR19 and was working at the XFL game this past weekend.   PENCE arrived in WA STATE last night, SO OBVIOUSLY we are all set!  He is the POINT PERSON, lucky for the USA..........Costco Monday was 500 people deep 20 minutes before it opened, I go early, all I wanted was VODKA......... so kinda pissed off this week.   If you have an underlying health issue, I definitely wouldn't say this is a NO ISSUE.

THINK this was a today thing.............

https://ultramusicfestival.com/official-notice

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited March 2020
    When it comes down to it, it’s a bunch of bullshit and it’s bad for ya 👍🏻, let’s hope for no cancellations cause that would really suck.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,069
    I would be fine with the tour being postponed and the tickets being honored on the new dates 
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    KM73780 said:
    I would be fine with the tour being postponed and the tickets being honored on the new dates 
    To me, this seems like the most likely scenario should they postpone  any of the shows. On a less serious note, could you imagine the dumpster fire on the forum if people that won 10c tickets for these show didn't win them for the re-scheduled shows if full cancellation was the direction things went in? There would be some hall of fame level melt down threads going.
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,940
    Clapper said:
    KM73780 said:
    To me, this seems like the most likely scenario should they postpone  any of the shows. On a less serious note, could you imagine the dumpster fire on the forum if people that won 10c tickets for these show didn't win them for the re-scheduled shows if full cancellation was the direction things went in? There would be some hall of fame level melt down threads going.
    That would be hilarious. And I’ll tell you why. Some people who won tickets absolutely dumped on people who didn’t win when they would vent about it. Like I’ve said, I’ve seen people start to flip when they didn’t get that email, then get the email, then tell someone who lost the lottery to stop crying. 
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Yes, they'd probably do a reschedule. There was a U2 tour about 8 years ago(?) that was postponed a full year. No reason to cancel, just postpone and tell folks to hang on to their tickets. They can always cancel later if it really won't be rescheduled. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    No.
    I've posted a few times earlier in the thread. I have been working on a plan with my company for remote work if necessary. It would be a last resort as I manage operations at a data center which is typically staffed 24x7x365. So I've been following this very closely for the past couple of weeks. The school district next to me has shut down for the next 2 weeks and are doing online, distance learning. Various individual schools in other districts are closed due to contact with COVID-19 infected people. Many large companies (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, DocuSign, etc...) in the area have instructed their local employees to work from home. The Seattle/King County Health Department has issued guidance around social distancing, avoiding large crowds, etc... Especially for anyone over 60 years old, or pregnant, or having underlying health conditions. Many events have been cancelled. I'm surprised the Sounders are not cancelling their match tomorrow. So we'll have > 40,000 people at ground zero gathering together high-fiving, and eating food from those concession stands. BTW, one concessions worker at CenturyLink has already been confirmed with COVID-19. On the plus side, my evening commute has gone from 80 minutes to 40 minutes this week, so there's that.

Funny how this thread has taken a bit of a turn. Lots of EvenBros demonstrating their nonchalance about this thing early in the thread. And just overnight the thread is suddenly showing a bit more concern for what is going on. Just wait until it spreads further in bigger cities on the east coast. Suddenly what was insignificant because it was just Seattle, is now a massive crisis. And BTW, it will happen. We have no vaccine, no treatment specifically for this, and we're just starting to build capacity to be able to test. We are still at the very beginning of this thing in the U.S. Our only defense right now is practicing good hygiene and practicing social distancing. 

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    nicknyr15 said:

That would be hilarious. And I’ll tell you why. Some people who won tickets absolutely dumped on people who didn’t win when they would vent about it. Like I’ve said, I’ve seen people start to flip when they didn’t get that email, then get the email, then tell someone who lost the lottery to stop crying. 
    It is a calling card for our special little group here. How many Pearl Jam fans does it take to change a light bulb?  None, they're all too dehydrated from crying about tickets and merch.  =)
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    MD190661 said:
    Yes, they'd probably do a reschedule. There was a U2 tour about 8 years ago(?) that was postponed a full year. No reason to cancel, just postpone and tell folks to hang on to their tickets. They can always cancel later if it really won't be rescheduled. 
    IF they had to cancel Europe I think they’d have to postpone by a year. So I hope the tickets would still be valid
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    can't imagine the headache that would be. trying to re-route a tour into the same venues.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    JPPJ84 said:
    MD190661 said:
    IF they had to cancel Europe I think they’d have to postpone by a year. So I hope the tickets would still be valid
    Was thinking more about the US portion. I think the spring tour is in more danger than the summer tour as more will be known in the next month or 2. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    sgilly1sgilly1 Posts: 2
    edited March 2020

Coronavirus 1, My Dream 0.  Due to being on immunosuppressants for my heart transplant, I've been told not to attend the Toronto show. I got GA tickets for the first time ever. It was my #1 post transplant bucket list item. 😔😥  To those attending the Toronto show, have fun, God bless and be good to each other!

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,059
    sgilly1 said:

Coronavirus 1, My Dream 0.  Due to being on immunosuppressants for my heart transplant, I've been told not to attend the Toronto show. I got GA tickets for the first time ever. It was my #1 post transplant bucket list item. 😔😥  To those attending the Toronto show, have fun, God bless and be good to each other!

There will be other shows, please concentrate on getting better.  I hope for a speedy recovery, you are definitely making the right call.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,227
    sgilly1 said:

Please stay safe and healthy. You are doing the right thing even if it sucks. There will be other shows, but only one you.

• Options
    sgilly1 said:

Saw your post on FB last night. Your health is so much more important than a show, and there will be more opportunities on the next leg. This is the right decision. Best to you!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,666
    sgilly1 said:

U are absolutely doing the right thing.  It’s a no brainer.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,940
    sgilly1 said:

Stay safe. Best of luck to you. Health comes first 🤙🏼
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    sgilly1 said:

Totally sucks but health first, there will be other shows. Stay safe. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    sgilly1 said:

You made the right choice. There will be other shows for you. Be well.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    edited March 2020
    SXSW cancelled just now. Was supposed to start 3/12.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    edited March 2020
    Well, at a minimum, I'm expecting a good South Park episode to come out this global-panic......
    Post edited by RobZ on
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,937
    sgilly1 said:

Stay safe. You are undoubtedly making the right decision. Health comes first. Hopefully you will be able to score GA tix for the fall tour that we are all waiting to hear about. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,573
    SXSW canceled 
    I miss igotid88
This discussion has been closed.