Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    Well I hope everything's a go for the Spring and Summer tours of this band. And that alot of people go and get to go. I wish you all well- and hope to see you there. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,742
    Why the fuck are you posting this stuff here? Wtf. You can copy and paste, great. 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Why the fuck are you posting this stuff here? Wtf. You can copy and paste, great. 
    I think people feel better sharing,  ... isn't that what a forum is for? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Do people understand how fucked this is?  Our federal government isn't allowing people to be tested because that gasbag wants to keep the US numbers low so the market doesnt tank and threaten his re-election!

That's a bit disturbing...

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,742
    myoung321 said:
    I think people feel better sharing,  ... isn't that what a forum is for? 
    A rock forum. I think some people have too much time on their hands. 
  • Options
    You've been a member here long enough to know it's more than a typical "rock forum".. many members like yourself have been here for many many years. Many know each other from shows, pre-shows, trading posters, tickets, ..etc.etc.. In communities people talk  ::shrug:: 

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    #obsessedbro
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 726
    edited March 2020
    I work for a major healthcare provider in Southern California, and the admin office has been buzzing like crazy this week in preparing for the further spread of COVID-19. It seems to kill the very elderly and those with other serious illnesses, but younger people recover, in time. However, with that said, I'm not paranoid, but I'm being pro-active in how I interact with those in the public.

I'm going to show #2 in LA at the LA Forum, and I was previously irked that I didn't get general admission tickets. Now, I'm glad I don't, just a little peace of mind. But, I'm going to Coachella in April...

I'm also planning to fly to London for the Hyde Park show and barring massive flight cancellations and a huge outbreak in London, my ass is going to see PJ in London too.

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands! Masks only do so much because as per that email from a nurse posted earlier in this thread who treated a Covid-19 patient, had all the protective gear, but still got infected and is now in quarantine. The CDC is dicking her around in getting the test that will confirm she has it because their lame excuse is that she couldn't possibly be infected because she wore the protocol protective gear. WTF? The mismanagement of Coronavirus by this inept and corrupt administration is astonishing. 

With that all said, I think if you have a strong immune system, and are under 70 and healthy if you catch it, and with medical care and quarantine, you'll recover. 

I'm not a medical professional, but I work in an administrative position at a Fortune 100 health provider and I'm part of an active group that is trying to help inform our members and the general public about Covid-19. As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to rock out at both my upcoming PJ shows!
    Post edited by whitepants on
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 221
    ^You sound like the type of person to type shit on the internet with no real knowledge just to seem important. 
  • Options
    jeremyjmcbjeremyjmcb Posts: 126
    https://mailchi.mp/esicm/the-future-of-haemodynamic-monitoring-first-webinar-of-the-year-1009715

From Italy "10% of Cases requiring ICU / Ventilators due to hypoxic respiratory failure"

"We have seen a very high number of ICU admissions, almost entirely due to severe hypoxic respiratory failure requiring mechanical ventilation.

The surge can be important during an outbreak and cluster containment has to be in place to slow down virus transmission.

We are seeing a high percentage of positive cases being admitted to our Intensive Care Units, in the range of 10% of all positive patients.

We wish to convey a strong message: Get ready!"

Sadly we are royally screwing up cluster containment via CDC/Testing failures..... and we don't have a fraction of the needed ICU/Ventilators available to accommodate anything near 10% of cases coming down the pipleline.  :( 

#justaflubro 
    For what it’s worth, I thought I would attach another link that sheds light on the recovery from the illness as well.

To be clear, I’m not sure how I feel any more about the illness. Two weeks ago I was pretty cavalier in my response, now, I’m a little more nervous. I leave for a work convention Sunday in Las Vegas, which is still a go per an email I received tonight. The following week I I am leaving for Toronto. I also have tickets to Ottawa, Quebec City, OKC, both LA’s and Oakland’s.

No longer sure if I’ll be going to all, or any. 

I am not posting this to be disagreeable, but I think it’s important to note that many are recovering with little, to no, need for medical care.  I feel awful for the people suffering, and don’t mean to minimize or trivialize it, I’m just not certain (Nor is anyone else,) of all of the details surrounding this new disease yet, and am doing my best to seek out both sides of the story when I am able. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/amid-growing-coronavirus-cases-
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    Daughter is flying out to Boston and then NYC afterwards.  Gave that girl an N95 mask for the airports/plane rides.  Not a fun time period to travel.  Everyone just wants their family to stay healthy. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited March 2020
    https://mailchi.mp/esicm/the-future-of-haemodynamic-monitoring-first-webinar-of-the-year-1009715

From Italy "10% of Cases requiring ICU / Ventilators due to hypoxic respiratory failure"

"We have seen a very high number of ICU admissions, almost entirely due to severe hypoxic respiratory failure requiring mechanical ventilation.

The surge can be important during an outbreak and cluster containment has to be in place to slow down virus transmission.

We are seeing a high percentage of positive cases being admitted to our Intensive Care Units, in the range of 10% of all positive patients.

We wish to convey a strong message: Get ready!"

Sadly we are royally screwing up cluster containment via CDC/Testing failures..... and we don't have a fraction of the needed ICU/Ventilators available to accommodate anything near 10% of cases coming down the pipleline.  :( 

#justaflubro 
    For what it’s worth, I thought I would attach another link that sheds light on the recovery from the illness as well.

To be clear, I’m not sure how I feel any more about the illness. Two weeks ago I was pretty cavalier in my response, now, I’m a little more nervous. I leave for a work convention Sunday in Las Vegas, which is still a go per an email I received tonight. The following week I I am leaving for Toronto. I also have tickets to Ottawa, Quebec City, OKC, both LA’s and Oakland’s.

No longer sure if I’ll be going to all, or any. 

I am not posting this to be disagreeable, but I think it’s important to note that many are recovering with little, to no, need for medical care.  I feel awful for the people suffering, and don’t mean to minimize or trivialize it, I’m just not certain (Nor is anyone else,) of all of the details surrounding this new disease yet, and am doing my best to seek out both sides of the story when I am able. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/amid-growing-coronavirus-cases-
    Good post and had read that.

When things are good, it's absolutely primarily just the elderly who tend to succumb to this. By good, I mean the healthcare system is operating at or under capacity, and thus patient standard of care is optimal. When you have 10 patients and 12 ventilators, most will recover. 

As someone with 70yo parents and a mother with diminished lung function, the elderly struggling gives me no comfort. 

The concern is when cases spike, and hospitals are pushed beyond capacity. We only have so many ICU beds, and only so many ventilators. These are not cheap machines that we can just whip up. When you have 50 patients and only 12 ventilators, lots are going to die. Period. 

Something like 25% of S Korean deaths were patients waiting for ICU beds or ventilators, and they have far more per capita than us. The biggest driver behind chinas much improved recovery rates is they are now back under capacity. 

Bottom line, this won't be a big deal, until it is. If we reach a point where hospitals are saturated we will see fatalities among younger folks begin to climb (and they're currently ~90% capacity already, on average nationally, due to the flu season). 

I say this in the context of possibly keeping an eye on those numbers when making your decision to go to shows. If tests are plentiful, and beds are too... it's easier to roll the dice and increase risk of getting infected by going to a show. If hospitals are getting overwhelmed, the risk/reward variables start shifting in the wrong direction for anyone paying attention to reality. 

Not fun shit to talk about, but is relevant to fans deciding to attend shows or not. 

Me, as of now I'm still flying to ottawa in 2 weeks :) 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    JV33409JV33409 Virginia Posts: 9
    I am not sure why we are trying to prove our knowledge about this virus and/or the flu....how brave we are...if we could get sick...how it transmits etc...the fact of the matter is this...I am lucky to have gotten MSG tix....my job informed us today that if we travel to an area with confirmed cases that we are not allowed to return to work for 14 days upon returning. Sure, can I ignore that request? How would my company know? It isn’t even about that...I work in healthcare...what would I do if I returned and caused an outbreak in my facility? Over my favorite band, in the 1 venue that I finally get to see them? I am hopeful they postpone the early dates until this is under control.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 862
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12314491

Well after a thoroughly enjoyable last weekend in Auckland this one won't be so lively, especially as I take care of my 68 year old mother who has an auto immune disease among other things. A lot of wiping...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    JV33409 said:
    I am not sure why we are trying to prove our knowledge about this virus and/or the flu....how brave we are...if we could get sick...how it transmits etc...the fact of the matter is this...I am lucky to have gotten MSG tix....my job informed us today that if we travel to an area with confirmed cases that we are not allowed to return to work for 14 days upon returning. Sure, can I ignore that request? How would my company know? It isn’t even about that...I work in healthcare...what would I do if I returned and caused an outbreak in my facility? Over my favorite band, in the 1 venue that I finally get to see them? I am hopeful they postpone the early dates until this is under control.

Damn man... that's a serious conundrum. Where do you live if you don't mind? 

For me it's not trying to prove knowledge of anything. I saw things about this virus In the news very early on that indicated it was different, and even with all the issues it's caused in a short time some folks aren't taking it seriously enough. 

I also saw risk to this tour early on... I have the best string of tickets I've had in nearly 30 years of being a fan. I am beyond amped for these shows (like many of us), but I was worried about how this virus would impact the tour, and wanted to discuss planning, ideas on how to prepare, etc. initially I was mocked by ignorant folks but thankfully more folks are taking it seriously now. 

I Really hope you get to see them at MSG. I'm jealous as hell... definitely a bucket list show for me. I'm also glad you understand the responsibility we each have to try to take actions to avoid contributing to the spread of this disease. Thank you for working in healthcare... take care of yourself. Cheers
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,373
    THEBIBLEISTEN said: U think trump is going to make China build a wall around China and have them pay for it?
     :lol:
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I am driving from NJ to Ottawa solo. I will be sitting in reserved seats close to the stage so hopefully that will keep my risk down. I purchased theater tickets in the back row for the Atmos Gigaton experience and am driving to MSG and sitting in nosebleed reserved seats. I think I will be OK.  
  • Options
    Triberjay25Triberjay25 Detroit Posts: 115
    I work for a major healthcare provider in Southern California, and the admin office has been buzzing like crazy this week in preparing for the further spread of COVID-19. It seems to kill the very elderly and those with other serious illnesses, but younger people recover, in time. However, with that said, I'm not paranoid, but I'm being pro-active in how I interact with those in the public.

I'm going to show #2 in LA at the LA Forum, and I was previously irked that I didn't get general admission tickets. Now, I'm glad I don't, just a little peace of mind. But, I'm going to Coachella in April...

I'm also planning to fly to London for the Hyde Park show and barring massive flight cancellations and a huge outbreak in London, my ass is going to see PJ in London too.

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands! Masks only do so much because as per that email from a nurse posted earlier in this thread who treated a Covid-19 patient, had all the protective gear, but still got infected and is now in quarantine. The CDC is dicking her around in getting the test that will confirm she has it because their lame excuse is that she couldn't possibly be infected because she wore the protocol protective gear. WTF? The mismanagement of Coronavirus by this inept and corrupt administration is astonishing. 

With that all said, I think if you have a strong immune system, and are under 70 and healthy if you catch it, and with medical care and quarantine, you'll recover. 

I'm not a medical professional, but I work in an administrative position at a Fortune 100 health provider and I'm part of an active group that is trying to help inform our members and the general public about Covid-19. As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to rock out at both my upcoming PJ shows!
    You think Coachella is still going to happen?  I have tickets to both weekends plus PJ show LA #1.  Didn't seem all too convincing with that press conference yesterday, seems like the city wants Goldenvoice to make a decision either way.
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    Still looking for 1 MSG if anybody backs out and is worried about the virus (I really hope show goes on)
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 920
    edited March 2020
    I’m expecting at least one of the artists to work a facemask into a poster
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 873
    as days go by more and more do I feel they will postpone the Canadian leg of the tour.  Just due to possibility crew being quarantined when crossing back into the USA.  That gives them an extra week to decide on the USA tour dates.  I support whatever the band decides to do.    I will be at the Cdn shows if they do go on.  
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    12 days until the Tour starts.

i still don’t think things would be cancelled, but a statement from the band would be nice.  Just something that they’re aware of the situation and as of now, they have no plans, or that they do have plans, to cancel or play the shows
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Not my picture but this is the security line at Logan Airport around 8:30am this morning. It's a Friday. Ghost town. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    JimmyV said:
    Not my picture but this is the security line at Logan Airport around 8:30am this morning. It's a Friday. Ghost town. 

I will say that I’ve seen it like that many times at Logan before.  They’ve got the quickest security.  I fly out of there every 2-3 weeks and I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes in line.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    But if they cancel within 48 hours, don't the union workers still get paid then? Maybe that's why they wait? I have no clue though, just what I've heard.

My concern bigger than a few rock concerts is a Mediterranean cruise that we have booked for early May. It consists of stops in Spain, Italy and France. I get that some canceled PJ concerts would bum some people out, but I've seen them countless times and have never been on the other side of the Atlantic. It's also a lot harder to rebook something that lasts for 9 days as opposed to 3 hours.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    JimmyV said:

I will say that I’ve seen it like that many times at Logan before.  They’ve got the quickest security.  I fly out of there every 2-3 weeks and I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes in line.
    I have too, but not at 8:30am and not on a Friday. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    edited March 2020
    But if they cancel within 48 hours, don't the union workers still get paid then? Maybe that's why they wait? I have no clue though, just what I've heard.

My concern bigger than a few rock concerts is a Mediterranean cruise that we have booked for early May. It consists of stops in Spain, Italy and France. I get that some canceled PJ concerts would bum some people out, but I've seen them countless times and have never been on the other side of the Atlantic. It's also a lot harder to rebook something that lasts for 9 days as opposed to 3 hours.
    If that were me, I would not be getting on that boat and would try to get at least partial refund or future credit somehow. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532

If that were me, I would not be getting on that boat and would try to get at least partial refund or future credit somehow. 
    Cruise is the last place I'd be ....just in general....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053

My in laws just canceled their july cruise to Italy and Greece.  The last place I would want to be is on a cruise.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    ^ Although thi information is not advertised,  Disney cruise offers booking changes, even for cruises not insured, for 300$ US per passenger. Call your cruise line and speak to guest services to see unpublished offerings.
This discussion has been closed.