Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    myoung321 said:
    Woke up... Still Alive!...... Happy Birthday to me  =)
    "When you think you're gonna die yesterday, today is sweet." - Buddy from Ozark :)

Hope it's been as good a day as possible!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    myoung321 said:

Happy Birthday.  Keep on truckin'!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    myoung321 said:
    Happy Birthday !!!! I woke up today as well !!! Keep up the social distiancing , we got this and we will get thru this.

next year you should throw a Fucking crazy birthday party by yourself.

side note , I have FaceTimedd with so many friends this weekend some I have not talked to in years , so nice to catch up 

also if you have anxity , don’t watch Outbreak on Netflix, don’t know what I was thinking Friday night , my wife was fine I ended up starting at the ceiling till 4am lol, just learn from my mistake 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Woke up again today!!   Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! 

hedonist said:
    myoung321 said:
    "When you think you're gonna die yesterday, today is sweet." - Buddy from Ozark :)

Hope it's been as good a day as possible!
    Thanks!  Had a great day, around the house B)

and It is truly Sweet!  

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/270253/shocked-by-heart-icd-ouch-again-oct-19/p1
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Matts3221 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Happy Birthday !!!! I woke up today as well !!! Keep up the social distiancing , we got this and we will get thru this.

side note , I have FaceTimedd with so many friends this weekend some I have not talked to in years , so nice to catch up 

also if you have anxity , don’t watch Outbreak on Netflix, don’t know what I was thinking Friday night , my wife was fine I ended up starting at the ceiling till 4am lol, just learn from my mistake 
    Outbreak? Oh my.  

Sorry, but the idea of that made me laugh ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    myoung321 said:

Outbreak? Oh my.  

Sorry, but the idea of that made me laugh ;)
    Double Feature with "Contagion" ,,,No thanks... I'm good  =)

• Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    It's taken me a long time, but I finally realize that it's ok that I'm not ok. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Just wanna stop in here to say hello 👋 hoping everyone is ok just wanna show support, in these trying times..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jhager79 said:
    It takes time to get there and everyday you have to work to stay there, but you're right. It's okay! 

• Options
    Just wanna stop in here to say hello 👋 hoping everyone is ok just wanna show support, in these trying times..
    Hey Jose! Glad to hear you're well today.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    myoung321 said:
    Hey Jose! Glad to hear you're well today.
    I’m hoping you are too maybe just sayin that will help ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jhager79 said:

I get it j. 

Last night I hit the wall.  I've been stuffing my emotions in an effort to stay strong for my wife who is worried, like most of us, about a lot of C19 related things.  I came to bed and right away she asked, "What's wrong?" and I just lost it, just totally lost it.  After I settled down a bit, I told her I was sorry and that I've been trying to be strong.  She totally understood and said it was alright.  I think it was good for me and, maybe even in a way good for her that I showed my emotions.  But what I need to work on is keeping a handle on stress.  I can feel what that is doing to me and how stress could be worse for me than anything else right now. 

So anyway, yes, I understand and hope you are hanging in there.  Thank goodness for my wife and thank goodness for the internet and for the Pearl Jam fan club site where we can come together and share our feelings and give each other encouragement. 

So best wishes to you and to all here, you good people!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    jhager79 said:

I get it j. 

Last night I hit the wall.  I've been stuffing my emotions in an effort to stay strong for my wife who is worried, like most of us, about a lot of C19 related things.  I came to bed and right away she asked, "What's wrong?" and I just lost it, just totally lost it.  After I settled down a bit, I told her I was sorry and that I've been trying to be strong.  She totally understood and said it was alright.  I think it was good for me and, maybe even in a way good for her that I showed my emotions.  But what I need to work on is keeping a handle on stress.  I can feel what that is doing to me and how stress could be worse for me than anything else right now. 

So anyway, yes, I understand and hope you are hanging in there.  Thank goodness for my wife and thank goodness for the internet and for the Pearl Jam fan club site where we can come together and share our feelings and give each other encouragement. 

Thanks for sharing Brian!... never good to keep that all bottled up. I know exactly how you feel!  

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Kind of hard to get started on working on my university assignments with all the fear about coronavirus
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    brianlux said:
    jhager79 said:

I get it j. 

Thanks for sharing Brian!... never good to keep that all bottled up. I know exactly how you feel!  

We're all in it together, my friend!

• Options
    Kind of hard to get started on working on my university assignments with all the fear about coronavirus

I can only imagine.  Concentration is difficult at times like this.  Maybe when things start feeling a little more routine school will give you something to focus on and give you time to think about things other than the difficulties. 

That's probably what I should do here soon- find something to focus on, a project or a goal. That's how I got out of my major- almost life ending- depression in the late 90's.  I got involved in something I felt good about by working at our local health library.  That and taking classes helped me to keep going.

• Options
    That sounds like a good idea, Brian. Get involved with something.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Rob, how are you and your family doing?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    Our health is ok as far  as i know.  
    But i cant explain  whats happening  here. Tempo n groove video called me from new york last night . And a dear friend is stuck in poland with her baby son. Whilst here i went to the pharmacy  for my son then again for my daughter  in law who is in isolation with a 3 month old with colic. I went and got food for my mum and my ex wife and my kids . Ive done so much for others and all i do is cry and cry.  Im running on empty. I lost a stone in weight and im whimpering  and restless when i try  and sleep. This cant go on . I dont come on the forum anymore because  the ocd in me can't  stop looking at the thread about it. We are living it now and i will never be able to ever trust anything  . This wont stop even when it stops for everyone else. I love you all and i love my family  but i am afraid i will just one of these days say thats enough for me. Im still sober. And weed free. Although i wish i was free enough  to enjoy my last weeks. Im not . I think im Destined  to die sad and heart broken.  Im sorry its a negative  post and nobody needs that . I try not to do that. But its what it is atm. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    jhager79 said:
    honestly, sometimes that's when the ladder appears to get you out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    jhager79 said:
    honestly, sometimes that's when the ladder appears to get you out. 
    yep. we seem to buy into these societal expectations of xyz. its bullshit. comparing our insides against what we perceive others outsides to be.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lockdown has made me safer than ive ever been. Ocd means im the  best to do lots of the jobs that now require  military precision and im thriving. I lost 1 stone in weight. I cook fresh everyday . (I was most days anyway).I excersise 30mins every morning  at 9am. I am the one who does  the  trip  out to shop for 2 families.  I have a routine  with cleaning  down the shopping and myself.. ive moved my veg growing  stuff to a piece of grass behind my flat and started  with  my 2 year old to get that going  . Only thing is i cant sleep and im getting angry at night.
    I just wanted to say out of adversity  and now not only the  fear for my life but my childrens ive driven on to be the boss of this  situation.
    Do i still  have all my previous problems?yes.
    Am i completely  clean?yes.
    Do i want to drink or smoke weed .? Yes everyday. And my trouble will come when they say its ok to go out again because i wont. But my family will want to. Thats where my life will be not ever ok.
    I guess im saying if this is my last hurrah then im going down fighting. Much love to my brothers and sisters here. Stay safe and stay home. Oh and  i dont look at any phone or internet except for once a day i watch dr.campbell a retired dr who only does fact for that day.  Cutting the  media out has saved my life at this  time. Well  worth  doing for us with health anxiety  or anxiety  at all.
    There  is a quote my mum sent me. And i will try post it. 
    The  words are the exact  words  i said to her the  week  before this one. 
    Be pro active and control the controllable. 
    Rob.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Sending what little strength i have left at 2.15a.m to you if  you  need it. 
    Listen to the  new album and think of me. 
    Whoever said.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Rob, I’m happy you’ve got a sense of control over what you can right now. That you’re finding - and creating - your own routine and way to some peace through this. 

I hope good sleep finds you soon. And, that the anger dissipates some. Totally understandable, though. 
  • Options
    Thank you . I will try again for some sleep now. Stay safe at home . This  is only the start. Hold on as tight  as you  can.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Sleep - ah, yes, I kind of remember you.

Yesterday I was awake for the day at 2:45. This morning was somewhat better. On the bright side, I get lots of reading done in the night, and then get several things accomplished before work if I get up at 5:00. 

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Lockdown has made me safer than ive ever been. Ocd means im the  best to do lots of the jobs that now require  military precision and im thriving. I lost 1 stone in weight. I cook fresh everyday . (I was most days anyway).I excersise 30mins every morning  at 9am. I am the one who does  the  trip  out to shop for 2 families.  I have a routine  with cleaning  down the shopping and myself.. ive moved my veg growing  stuff to a piece of grass behind my flat and started  with  my 2 year old to get that going  . Only thing is i cant sleep and im getting angry at night.
    I just wanted to say out of adversity  and now not only the  fear for my life but my childrens ive driven on to be the boss of this  situation.
    Do i still  have all my previous problems?yes.
    Am i completely  clean?yes.
    Do i want to drink or smoke weed .? Yes everyday. And my trouble will come when they say its ok to go out again because i wont. But my family will want to. Thats where my life will be not ever ok.
    I guess im saying if this is my last hurrah then im going down fighting. Much love to my brothers and sisters here. Stay safe and stay home. Oh and  i dont look at any phone or internet except for once a day i watch dr.campbell a retired dr who only does fact for that day.  Cutting the  media out has saved my life at this  time. Well  worth  doing for us with health anxiety  or anxiety  at all.
    There  is a quote my mum sent me. And i will try post it. 
    The  words are the exact  words  i said to her the  week  before this one. 
    Be pro active and control the controllable. 
    Rob.
    This is a great perspective. In the "dis"- ability community over the past decade, there has been a lot of reframing of how we see people with different intellectual and mental challenges. Mental illness is no different. It can be a blessing. I really admire how you never give up.

Good luck with the sleep. That can take a toll after a while, so I hope you find some peace at night soon. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Nobody likes me and I'm feeling down.
    People at university don't seem friendly.
    People on here are all against me.
    I don't know anymore.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    how has the new record been taken by everyone?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14