Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    mickeyrat said:
    how has the new record been taken by everyone?
    I have not had time to listen to it yet. I should not even be posting here but need a break.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Being ghosted sucks hard. There is no way to make amends. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Trying not to cry and I have a Zoom meeting soon for university.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,880
    mickeyrat said:
    I love it with the exception of buckle up which i cant stand. The lyrics  on most songs blow me away with the relevance to me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Sorry you’re struggling M.  I hope your meeting went well.  Sending (((hugs))) your way.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mickeyrat said:
    I love it with the exception of buckle up which i cant stand. The lyrics  on most songs blow me away with the relevance to me.
    that is for sure a weird one.

can do without who ever said and swbm. back half are the gems for me. that trifecta to close it out, man......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    that is for sure a weird one.

can do without who ever said and swbm. back half are the gems for me. that trifecta to close it out, man......
    Who ever said is my favourite.  Something for everyone on here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sorry you’re struggling M.  I hope your meeting went well.  Sending (((hugs))) your way.
    Thanks S, I don't deserve it. But thank you.
    It went well. Long but well.
    More of them to come seeing everything is online now due to covid-19. Zoom is great.
  • Options
    I still haven't had the chance to listen to the new album. 
  • Options
    this came out of the blue?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yes and no. Things weren't great with us but didn't expect it.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    you didnt say something , did you?

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Woke up... Still Alive!   staying positive.... trying

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    I no longer  know what to do. 
    My family has died a 1000 times in my head. I wake crying and  nightmares are frequent. 
    I know  there  is no  help but i cant come to terms with this. The  death all around is so real. We are in a very bad  place .
    All in the  same boat i know.  
    I just dont know how to live  anymore.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    My family has died a 1000 times in my head. I wake crying and  nightmares are frequent. 
    I know  there  is no  help but i cant come to terms with this. The  death all around is so real. We are in a very bad  place .
    Take it day by day, Rob. You’re doing good! We’re all worried but there’s only so much you can do. Make sure your family sticks to the rules, stay away from people. 
    Stay healthy, be grateful for your family, keep going. You can do it!
  • Options
    Its the  food problem. I am responsible  for 3 households. I just cant go out  any more  . All online delivery  is impossible.  I have to go tomorrow  to a click and collect  . Im petrified my physical  health is bad now. I try excersise  . My heart  is 90 resting from fear.
    I dont  have great lungs from years in construction.  I dont  drink or smoke but its not enough. I take vit d3 and  zinc and couple  others.  But i have a duty  to many atm for food.  Every day is spent waiting for it to show  its face and become a fever.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    you didnt say something , did you?
    No. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Rob:

You are doing what we are all doing , just living day to day right now , no one no matter what they say is clam about this. I truly believe everyone on here will make it thru this because we are all being so cautious with what we do. Can I ask are they limiting the number of people who can go into a store at once? If so are the lines outside spaced out six feet? At least were I live that is what they are doing right now and it make shopping last sunday much more calm for me ( still wore gloves and a mask ) but the isle are now even one way to limit interaction.

What you are doing is nothing short of heroic and you may not see it that way but going out to help family is above and beyond especially with your anxiety. Are you taking news breaks like only watch 30 mins of news a day or just reading 30 mins of news a day? At this point I am pretty much checking numbers once a day and really trying to stay off.

Just because we are all going thru this does not mean you don't have the write to say how you feel , my work is so slow right now I sit in my office and just type out my feelings for the day , I think I have a 31 page word doc at his point , once this is all over it will be interesting to read. Each day I can only get up and be glad that I am alive and so is my wife and our friends and family. The nightmares can be the worst , I keep having ones where I am forced into a large group of people and they are all sick and I cannot get out. I wake up in a cold sweat. Last Sunday night I had those very really thoughts that kept me up until 4am , playing out my family dying my wife dying , not being able to do anything to help and its just so paralyzing and the fear was so real I just cried in bed.

I know my words may not help but please know I am thinking of you and your family.

Love

Matt 

• Options

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Lockdown has made me safer than ive ever been. Ocd means im the  best to do lots of the jobs that now require  military precision and im thriving. I lost 1 stone in weight. I cook fresh everyday . (I was most days anyway).I excersise 30mins every morning  at 9am. I am the one who does  the  trip  out to shop for 2 families.  I have a routine  with cleaning  down the shopping and myself.. ive moved my veg growing  stuff to a piece of grass behind my flat and started  with  my 2 year old to get that going  . Only thing is i cant sleep and im getting angry at night.
    I just wanted to say out of adversity  and now not only the  fear for my life but my childrens ive driven on to be the boss of this  situation.
    Do i still  have all my previous problems?yes.
    Am i completely  clean?yes.
    Do i want to drink or smoke weed .? Yes everyday. And my trouble will come when they say its ok to go out again because i wont. But my family will want to. Thats where my life will be not ever ok.
    I guess im saying if this is my last hurrah then im going down fighting. Much love to my brothers and sisters here. Stay safe and stay home. Oh and  i dont look at any phone or internet except for once a day i watch dr.campbell a retired dr who only does fact for that day.  Cutting the  media out has saved my life at this  time. Well  worth  doing for us with health anxiety  or anxiety  at all.
    There  is a quote my mum sent me. And i will try post it. 
    The  words are the exact  words  i said to her the  week  before this one. 
    Be pro active and control the controllable. 
    Rob.
    Keep on keeping on!  Soon you will have weeds out there to pull...pull them one by one and visualize/name each one as a unique negative thought you are removing to clear space around the healthy thoughts you are growing to bear fruit.  Maybe this sounds hokey, but these kinds of symbolic/visualization techniques really help some people.  They work for me, anyways.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Having chronic anxiety has taught me a few these, not these least is that I can overcome a lot of problem situations, and survive a few others.  Anxiety fits into the survival column.  Sheltering at home is giving me the biggest challenge that way in years.  I have a hard time staying home because it feels like prison.  I don't go outside because the threat of sudden loud noises around here puts me on edge.  Sound issues are not too bad indoors with windows and doors shut, but 12 to 18 months of being cooped up in the house might test me to the outer limits.  This will be interesting (for lack of a better term). 

I feel like this today:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I have found routine is the best think for me. Suffering from anxiety I realized I need structure right now to keep me calm.

I still work 4 days a week so that keeps me busy and then when I get home I shower , have dinner and I start to take my anti - anxity meds 2 hours before going to bed , start to relax and then I am there.

Same for weekends , I have to decided when I am going to bed now and start meds two hours before bed time , otherwise I am up all night.

I did take advantage of the nugs offer of 19.90 for one year and I find that if I am home all day to listen to one PJ show all the way thru with earbuds while working on chores around the house and starting projects that I have held off on for years.

( Side note only 2 shows in to the full 2014 tour cant wait to listen to the 3rd show tomorrow )

Everyone is different I think having some control over something right now is very helpful to me. So keeping a routine is basically keeping me sane.

I hope everyone out there is doing ok.   

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Sending hugs and good vibes out to everyone.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I don't give a fuck anymore.
    Over this forum.
  • Options
    I now have a fever . So you can imagine what my brain is like
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I now have a fever . So you can imagine what my brain is like
    Take care of yourself for once, Rob. I hope you get better soon 
  • Options
    Im trying. Im petrified 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Im trying. Im petrified 
    Do you have any other symptoms like a dry cough?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Be careful, Rob, and take care of yourself best you can.