Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,915
    read up on UK  response. Boris is taking a huge risk with these decisions.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,063
    He is a  baffoon and put many in the firing line.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

OCD and anxiety disorder treatment can be complicated by coronavirus fears

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/ocd-and-anxiety-disorder-treatment-can-be-complicated-by-coronavirus-fears/2020/03/13/6b851d60-63ce-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

Code for free 30 Day Pass if you are not a Washington Post subscriber and want to read the article: 
     https://wapo.st/30daypass?code=REL-JRU-DFD-GPH
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    That is my diagnosis . And i can say that living in isolation in a pandemic is the ultimate scenario for suffers there is no higher level. I have had some of my darkest thoughts  last 2 days. I have no words anymore.
    I couldnt get the link to work but this mental illness has robbed me of 15 years where i have  been living like im in a pandemic and now we are.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,765

OCD and anxiety disorder treatment can be complicated by coronavirus fears

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/ocd-and-anxiety-disorder-treatment-can-be-complicated-by-coronavirus-fears/2020/03/13/6b851d60-63ce-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

Code for free 30 Day Pass if you are not a Washington Post subscriber and want to read the article: 
     https://wapo.st/30daypass?code=REL-JRU-DFD-GPH

I will read that but right now I have to go wash my hands again.

:lol:

Man, isn't it the truth though.  I look back on my little OCD things like, "Remember, Brian, turn off each burner on the stove before you leave home (even though I know damn well they are all off)".   Stuff like that seems funny to me now.

And the anxiety.  Oh man, I wish I could just go back to the pre-COVID variety.  At least I knew then that half of it was in my head, not on a damn door knob. 

I think I will be alright on the days my wife agrees to stay home and hide with me.  The other days are a drag.  Tomorrow will suck- she has to work and I need to get a few more food items at the store.   Monday will be a relief.  COME ON Monday!

Hope you're all doing as well as possible.  We're all in this together.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    It's great that we have a clinical psychologist contributing in this thread :smile:

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    It's great that we have a clinical psychologist contributing in this thread :smile:

This is "A Safe Place for Anxiety Sufferers to Share." I'm not going to be baited into an argument with you and blow up the thread. I am going to respond once, however, and then put you on ignore so I can continue to be part of this thread without being poked by you every time I comment. Here is the FULL text of the PM you sent me that apparently you are still angry about:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Thoughts_Arrive 
    January 25
    I'd like to apologise and also say thank you for your honesty. I hope you read this and reply but if not, I understand.
    May I ask what you've been diagnosed with? And what childhood trauma? Maybe we have similar stories.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I did not reply. Clearly you do not understand. So let me make it clear in the honest way I have of communicating: I am not obligated to have private conversations with strangers about deeply personal subjects. I have shared details of my diagnosis here in this thread when appropriate to the conversation, in ways that I think could be helpful to others. The details of my childhood trauma are really none of your business -- but from it I have learned to trust my gut instincts and to not feel shamed or manipulated into doing things I don't want to do. 

If you are upset because I never acknowledged your apology, then here it is publicly: I accept your apology.  I'm not sure why you even felt the need to apologize. I offered some suggestions to some problems you were having, as did a number of people here. I made some observations about your self-reported behaviors and asked a question that I thought could be helpful to your treatment.  You, as you have the right to do, rejected all the suggestions, observations, and the question. I was neither offended nor harmed by that. But if you need forgiveness for something you perceived to be offensive on your part, then I offer it to you. I hope you find your closure and move on. I am sorry that my conversation with you hit such a soft spot.

To everyone else:  I am really, really sorry for going here in this thread. I was trying to be strong and let TA have his passive-aggressive moments but I'm not one to let attacks on my character go unanswered. I just couldn't today. It won't happen again from me. I promise -- if I can help it -- this thread will not turn into a shit-storm between me and TA.  Be well, everyone. We all deserve peace and calm in our lives right now. Do what you have to do to find it.
  • Options
    The world  has come undone. 
    People including  me are losing whats left of their minds.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    The world  has come undone. 
    People including  me are losing whats left of their minds.
    Deep breaths, Rob. Take one day at a time. I know it’s hard to only see the bad news but look at how people come together to cope. Days like these bring out the worst in some people, yes. But also the best. 
    You‘ll get through this
  • Options
    We are semi ill in isolation . Not knowing if its that or not. So much of it in my actual village. Thanks  for the kind words keep you  posted.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    We are semi ill in isolation . Not knowing if its that or not. So much of it in my actual village. Thanks  for the kind words keep you  posted.!
    IF it’s Corona and it’s mild then all the better. It may well be a common cold. In any case take care of yourselves and fingers crossed it‘ll pass soon :)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

This is "A Safe Place for Anxiety Sufferers to Share." I'm not going to be baited into an argument with you and blow up the thread. I am going to respond once, however, and then put you on ignore so I can continue to be part of this thread without being poked by you every time I comment. Here is the FULL text of the PM you sent me that apparently you are still angry about:
    Thoughts_Arrive January 25
    I'd like to apologise and also say thank you for your honesty. I hope you read this and reply but if not, I understand.
    May I ask what you've been diagnosed with? And what childhood trauma? Maybe we have similar stories.
    I did not reply. Clearly you do not understand. So let me make it clear in the honest way I have of communicating: I am not obligated to have private conversations with strangers about deeply personal subjects. I have shared details of my diagnosis here in this thread when appropriate to the conversation, in ways that I think could be helpful to others. The details of my childhood trauma are really none of your business -- but from it I have learned to trust my gut instincts and to not feel shamed or manipulated into doing things I don't want to do. 

If you are upset because I never acknowledged your apology, then here it is publicly: I accept your apology.  I'm not sure why you even felt the need to apologize. I offered some suggestions to some problems you were having, as did a number of people here. I made some observations about your self-reported behaviors and asked a question that I thought could be helpful to your treatment.  You, as you have the right to do, rejected all the suggestions, observations, and the question. I was neither offended nor harmed by that. But if you need forgiveness for something you perceived to be offensive on your part, then I offer it to you. I hope you find your closure and move on. I am sorry that my conversation with you hit such a soft spot.

To everyone else:  I am really, really sorry for going here in this thread. I was trying to be strong and let TA have his passive-aggressive moments but I'm not one to let attacks on my character go unanswered. I just couldn't today. It won't happen again from me. I promise -- if I can help it -- this thread will not turn into a shit-storm between me and TA.  Be well, everyone. We all deserve peace and calm in our lives right now. Do what you have to do to find it.
    Well said...and those last two sentences, amen. :hug:
  • Options
    And Rob, hang in there. Are your daughter and little one okay?
  • Options
    Great to see some supportive words here. 

Keeping you all in my best thoughts.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Yes  thank you.  Me and my partner have whatever  this is. Wont know  i guess of its mild .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,926
    hedonist said:

Thoughts_Arrive January 25

Well said...and those last two sentences, amen. :hug:
    I concur, very well said.  We’re all here to share as much of our stories as we need or want to.  To provide support and encouragement if we’re able.  Sending love and light to all.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I thought it's against forum rules to share PM's on threads
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I mean you are a clinical psychologist, right?
    I honestly thought you must be seeing you diagnosed me with a personality disorder.
  • Options
    I thought this is a safe place not a place to be incorrectly diagnosed by a faceless stranger who has never received training in personality assessment and has no knowledge of underlying theories of personality behind said assessment.
  • Options
    Please, let this go here.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,926
    I thought this is a safe place not a place to be incorrectly diagnosed by a faceless stranger who has never received training in personality assessment and has no knowledge of underlying theories of personality behind said assessment.
    Right now, it seems to me M, that you’re the one making this an unsafe space for another board member. Your passive-aggressive tone and demands to be answered are full of hostility.  WD owe you anything, none of us do.  We share if we feel it might help.  We see similarities in ourselves and struggles. Take from our advice or not.  Be well M. We do want the best for you.  We want the best for all of us.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    keep the crap away from this thread, plenty of threads for that!  Positive Positive Positive!!! 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    keep the crap away from this thread, plenty of threads for that!  Positive Positive Positive!!! 

Oh hell, yes, m!  Right on.

We're all on edge.  Would be great if we could keep it reeaaal cool here.

• Options
    And what What Diagnosis posted is fine?
    First with making me feel uncomfortable (unsafe to share) here by diagnosing me without any qualifications.
    Then to post my PM on public.

• Options
    First with making me feel uncomfortable (unsafe to share) here by diagnosing me without any qualifications.

Whatever your "diagnosis" is, Thoughts, it's cool.  We're all at least a little bit damaged- I know I sure as hell am.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but I support you, him/her, I support everybody I can, to whatever degree I can.  Hope we could all do that.  Maybe just ignore the stuff that rubs you the wrong way.  Not worth the time or emotional expense for either party. 

Just my 2 cent.  Hope you're doing OK.

• Options
    I cannot report his/her post sharing a PM because he/she ignored me and the button is not on there. Great.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Stop it, M. So you wanna get WD banned to feel better about yourself? Wow that’s petty! There’s nothing all that personal in that shared pm so give it a rest. A lot of us in this thread have assumed things and tried to be a psychologist. Why? Because we tried to help. Sometimes that results in hurt feelings or egos. Maybe ask yourself why you are so mad about the comments. Maybe you find they have a hint of truth and you don’t like it. Maybe ask yourself why you’re not taking any of the advice that’s given to you here. Maybe you’re mad at yourself.
    so stop being a bully and concentrate on getting yourself better
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    It is strictly against forum rules to share PMs on threads. All I ask is that it be removed, not for WD to be banned.
    She/he did not assume, he/she diagnosed. 
    Yeah, like I believe I have a narcissistic PD, do you even know what that looks like? 

Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Whatever your "diagnosis" is, Thoughts, it's cool.  We're all at least a little bit damaged- I know I sure as hell am.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but I support you, him/her, I support everybody I can, to whatever degree I can.  Hope we could all do that.  Maybe just ignore the stuff that rubs you the wrong way.  Not worth the time or emotional expense for either party. 

Just my 2 cent.  Hope you're doing OK.
    I was until a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ok . Please  do not get my thread shut down . I and others need this more than ever. 
    If anyone cannot respect each other.  Please respect  me. 
    I dont have any strength for fights. Wrong is wrong and we need to move past this now.  Everyone has had their say and its not helping any of us in these times of extreme and i mean extreme fear.
    When  the  past is the  present and the  futures no more. 
    The numbers keep falling off the calenders floor.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07