Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    JPPJ84 said:
    Im trying. Im petrified 
    Do you have any other symptoms like a dry cough?
    A week ago i was having  baf breathing  like through straw and couldnt move around. Been feeling very weak. Then a  gland got so sore in my neck 3 days ago now a fever and flat out. To say im scared is an under statement. I don't  want to scare anyone here. I know  i would be scared  if i read this.   My blood sats drop  real fast when  i put a monitor on . Im scared for my baby and partner we live in a small flat nowhere to isolate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Keep exceptionally hydrated! Move that out of your system...deep breaths my friend...
  • Options
    I wanted to so let you know I am very chuffed by your garden plot this fine spring...have a few sprouts of cabbage basking in our spring light here...6 early heads and 6 red...love your cabbage brassica covers...will make do with take away covers...never seen those used before
    ..great use of...
  • Options
    Not planting time yet...
  • Options
    I've been moving them back and forth between porches to catch the light...still snow on the mountains here...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    not coping rn with this shit here
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It is with sadness that I advise that I will be leaving this forum for good.
    It is obvious that I've lost everyone here. Noone replies anymore either on the forum or in private message, and if they do reply on the forum it is with hostility. This has had a detrimental effect on my mental health.
    Thank you all for your support over the years. I wish you all well.
    @Kat @Sea could you please delete my account. Thank you.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    So sad that...you...I cannot and have not reached out very much and hope you know to not take anything personally...other Ethan you are...loved 
    ..be u  black white or chinese...
  • Options
    Not sure that came across as written...not sure who Ethan is...but than again its Saturday night...stay well and hope you are managing to disengage your properties and all that jazz...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    It is obvious that I've lost everyone here. Noone replies anymore either on the forum or in private message, and if they do reply on the forum it is with hostility. This has had a detrimental effect on my mental health.
    Sorry to read this M.  If you feel you need a break from here, I understand and I wish you well.  I sincerely hope that you’re able to find peace and happiness in your life.  Good luck with your studies.  Come back if, and when, you are ready.  (((Hugs)))

S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Sorry to read this M.  If you feel you need a break from here, I understand and I wish you well.  I sincerely hope that you’re able to find peace and happiness in your life.  Good luck with your studies.  Come back if, and when, you are ready.  (((Hugs)))

S xx
    You are too kind, S. I doubt I will. I've lost the respect of many here.
    I wish you lots of happiness and good health.
    Thank you for always supporting me xx
    Take care xx
  • Options
    Be  calm T.A . 
     Look at the  bigger  picture.  
    You  are healthy thats one better than me.
    All one can do is look within.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    edited April 2020
    Hi.

Re: Anti-anxiety/anti-depression meds.

Is anyone willing to share what, if anything, they take? Does it work/help?

I'm having a very hard time with the end of my relationship, which took place right as isolation started. I'm trying to dig out of the hole I'm in.

I'm going to see a therapist, but I'm leery of meds.

I appreciate any input/advice anyone gives.

Thanks.

Andrew
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    Hi Andrew, welcome.  I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling right now.  I’m afraid I don’t have any current meds advice.  We’re here for you if you need to reach out.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wishing you well, Andrew. Loss during this shitstorm can be so difficult.

• Options
    My experience  of ssri meds is not good. I have tried many and found side effects not nice . Numbing but with tears trapped inside also.
    Some anti anxiety  meds can get you through a day but not to be uses often  as addictive and not good long term.
    And coming off meds is horrific in my experience.  This is just my honest  review of my own experience.  
    My advice is the  pain  is real and can be a time to explore yourself and ground yourself in simple  things you over look when going along normally. 
    I too wish your pain is short lived my friend.
    Allow your  pain  to come out
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    If your situation is new and there are still other options than meds you can try a mix of therapy, sports and St. John's wort. It's a natural antidepressant. See how that works before you risk all that comes with proper drugs.
    All the best for you!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Meds for depression and anxiety are more like a journey than a destination.  You have to find what works for you with side effects that you can manage and be continually evaluating and monitoring.  
    Sometimes though, the journey is more important than the destination anyways.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Sad to read that TA but you must know, it's not all black..
    stay safe..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    37th day inside the house..without job and no money..
    trying to keep insane but the last days getting harder..
    fear for the next day..trying to be positive just for my mom..
    fight with depression every day..
    sorry if this is not the right place..stay safe all..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

This is exactly the right place! Hang in there, Scidoo! This shitty situation will pass! Is there anything you can do to use the time you‘ve won, even if it’s involuntarily? Could you try and help others or try art? Anything that will give you purpose and keep you sane.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:

This is exactly the right place! Hang in there, Scidoo! This shitty situation will pass! Is there anything you can do to use the time you‘ve won, even if it’s involuntarily? Could you try and help others or try art? Anything that will give you purpose and keep you sane.
    Not in the mood to do anything..thank you for your support..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:

I can imagine! Doing nothing isn’t doing you any good though. Stay safe 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:

Wishing you the best, 23.  Hang in there.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    37th day inside the house..without job oand no money..

Sending you (((hugs))).  Are you allowed to leave your house for a walk?  

Keep this at the forefront of your mind if you can, this situation will not last forever.  Things will have changed it’s true, but we will get back to doing things that are normal for us and that give us pleasure.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Hi.

I'm having a very hard time with the end of my relationship, which took place right as isolation started. I'm trying to dig out of the hole I'm in.

Thanks.

Andrew
    Hi, Andrew.

The only antidepressant I have had any success with is an old school original, imipramine, first developed in the 1950s. Very few side effects. Long term, the usual potential kidney/liver problems. Your doctor may look at you like you're crazy if you bring it up because almost nobody prescribes it anymore (no profits in generics), but it's still around. My mom still takes it. I only stopped because after many years of struggles, I finally received a proper diagnosis and a mood stabilizer, not an anti-depressant, is what I need.

Anyhoo, look up imipramine and talk to your doctor about whether it's a good match for you. Don't be surprised if he/she tries to push something else. I hope you have a better doctor than this, but some do have their biases towards one pill or another and disregard their patient's presentation.

Also, for anxiety, I do take xanax generic as needed. I'm super responsible with it and use it as a last resort when other things don't work, like yoga, walks, meditation,  etc. It's usually at night when I'm trying to sleep and can't, because it knocks me into a coma for a good 10 hours or more. I don't know how people party on that drug. It just makes sleep. If you go that route, expect to be monitored by your doctor and pharmacy. They have really tightened the controls since the opioid story broke. 

Good luck finding something that helps. I'm sorry for your pain. 

• Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:

I can imagine! Doing nothing isn’t doing you any good though. Stay safe 
    I know..stay safe too..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:

Wishing you the best, 23.  Hang in there.
    Thank you Hedo, hope you are ok..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    37th day inside the house..without job oand no money..

Sending you (((hugs))).  Are you allowed to leave your house for a walk?  

Keep this at the forefront of your mind if you can, this situation will not last forever.  Things will have changed it’s true, but we will get back to doing things that are normal for us and that give us pleasure.
    Thank you, thank you..yes, i can go for a little walk..doing every day, thinking tomorrow going for some basket shots..
    we will be back to normal??..
    hope you are safe and healthy..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Hi.

Thanks.

Andrew

Hey Andrew Welcome:

I have been on Zoloft ( generic ) for almost 20 years , first anti depressant that I started and it worked ( I know this is typical not the case so don't give up if you have to try out a few as well )

Anti Anxiety  - Have taken Clonozopam (sp) 1mg X3 per day for 10 years and that has also helped.

Therapy - 7 or 8 years very helpful , just need to find the right person.

Also , Sunlight , exercise , running , journaling , mediation

For a long time in my late teens , early 20's I was against taking medication but it got to a point I realized that what was the point of letting myself feel this bad and not give it a try and for me helped greatly.

I know some are against meds and I think it really is a personal choice for you. Of course not just meds will help but really getting everything you can to make yourself feel better. It will not be easy or happen overnight but you will get there. We are here for you.

Best