Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    there is nothing to save them from
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    All of a sudden the  deepest fear has hit me. This corona virus has my health anxiety  through the  roof . This is the first time that i recall  since being sober and im lost completely  fucked. I can't  move even 

Rob , take a really deep breath in thru your nose and hold it for a good 10 seconds and slowly exhale , try to do this for a good five mins , when breathing in , breath in the positive and the facts. Corona Virus is not going to get to you or your kids. Currently there are 806 case of it outside of China , so 806 case with a population of 6 Billion ( taking all of China out of the count ) think of those odds , better chance at winning the lottery while getting bitten by a shark at the same time.

Then breath out and just try to think of that breath as your anxiety and feelings about this.

Now I know ( from myself ) this is so much more easier said than done , when you are in the throws of high anxiety over something like this words mean very little , however if you can try that one exercise at least that type of breathing in and out will lower your heart rate and hopeful calm you ( even if only 10% )

I promise you , you and your family are safe and fine. Tune out the news , stay strong.

In the US Corona is all they are talking about with 8 cases in the US , meanwhile the common flu has 100 million at risk but we focus on Corona.

I know it can be scary but I promise you , you and your family will be fine.

Love

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    So it looks like my dad is in the clear, it's just an enlarged prostate. He's getting a CT scan done tomorrow and will need surgery.
    That's great.
    There is a saying in the medical field: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. Think about that for a minute.
    This applies to life too. Catastrophic thinking isn't productive.

How did the meeting go with the potential housemate?
  • Options
    So it looks like my dad is in the clear, it's just an enlarged prostate. He's getting a CT scan done tomorrow and will need surgery.

Very happy to hear that everything is ok on that end for you friend.
  • Options
    That's great.
    There is a saying in the medical field: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. Think about that for a minute.
    This applies to life too. Catastrophic thinking isn't productive.

How did the meeting go with the potential housemate?
    Thank you.
    I've never heard of that saying.
    I was meant to have dinner with the potential housemates last night but she rescheduled for tonight. I didn't feel up to it last night due to lack of sleep and anxiety.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

Very happy to hear that everything is ok on that end for you friend.
    Thanks man
  • Options
    So I went to dinner at the potential new sharehouse but the daughter wasn't home but her mum said she's okay with me moving in. I would've liked to have met her before moving in.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    So I went to dinner at the potential new sharehouse but the daughter wasn't home but her mum said she's okay with me moving in. I would've liked to have met her before moving in.
    so do so.

other than that, does the place suit your needs?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yes.
    I don't think that'll happen before I move in.
    I said I'm happy to come around again to meet her but her mum said it's all fine.
    My friend thinks she's attracted to me?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Yes.
    I don't think that'll happen before I move in.
    I said I'm happy to come around again to meet her but her mum said it's all fine.
    My friend thinks she's attracted to me?
    Your friend thinks that they themselves are attracted to you or the woman you refer to as mum? 

Even if, is it that a deal breaker? I think this is your best option to move out. Maybe the lady is just showing kindness. Not a bad thing. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    The woman, the mum.
    I wish my friend was attracted to me because I am to her but she has a on again off again boyfriend
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I'm going to try to hold onto this image for today.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It's 4:23am and I cannot fall asleep and need to get up at 7am as I have 4 important meetings with potential Honours supervisors. My anxiety is high and I am struggling to cope.

It's not feeling right about this lady and her daughter. I just don't think it's the best move.
    I'll look for another sharehouse during mid year break.

My dad had complications in hospital last night and he'll be housebound for 6 weeks or as long as he can have surgery and will be needing to use a catheter until surgery.
    I cannot leave my father right now. I just can't. I can't move out with him not well. I need to be here incase he needs to be driven to hospital.

Back to the sharehouse,
    She bullshited that she texted me that her daughter won't be there as she's so keen to get me in. I know it. I don't like being lied to. I'm not comfortable unless I see if we could live together. What if she's unfriendly towards me? What if I get a bad vibe?
    She's selling her house and moving in one year's time so wtf is the point as I will need to move again and pay for a removalist again. Something just doesn't feel right.

I'm going to move out in the middle of the year as:

A) my dad will hopefully be better
    B ) I'll have more time to move

If I don't find somewhere this year then I'll be working full time hopefully next year and have more freedom to chose where to move to.

My friends won't be happy with me.
    You all won't be happy with me.
    But I feel this is for the best for THIS YEAR and THIS YEAR only.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    if this is truly a decision you honestly feel you have to make, and not another excuse to stay where you are comfortable and miserable, your friends will understand. i'm really not sure why they'd care so much in the first place, unless all you do is bitch about your circumstances when you are with them and refuse to change them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I've asked another friend about the rent amount and other rent details for a girl he knows that is looking for a housemate. He let me know the other day but I dismissed it because of the place I don't feel comfortable with. I'm going to try to move out within 2 weeks. But my dad will probably need me so fuck I don't know. I can try in July to move out when I am on break from uni. 

I try not to complain about my parents to friends as I'm mindful of not burdening them.

• Options
    My mum is speaking and nicely to me lately.
    If shit gets bad I'll just crash at my sister's place until I can find a place

• Options
    I didn't mention, this lady suffers depression and tonight she seemed flat. She told me her daughter spoke of feeling like suiciding.
    That has also been playing on my mind.
    I don't think 3 people living with mental health issues is a good idea. I don't need that environment.
  • Options
    I feel like everyone is pushing me to move into this place and it's stressing me out and causing me anxiety to the point I have not been able to fall asleep
  • Options
     First her daughter is so opposed to me ending up in her throwing a tantrum at her mum, then she doesn't care wtf? Then her mum tells me her daughter is not keen on any housemates male or female. I'm confused.
  • Options
    She purchased this house only in October last year and wants to move already and can't remember how much she paid?
    Something doesn't seem right or she's very unstable in life.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    And the thing is, 3 weeks ago she said I can move in only to call me later in the same day saying her daughter is angry a guy is moving in. She said I can move in without consulting her daughter? My friends and sister thought that's stupid of her. The lady apologised for that.

I might be paranoid here but what if her daughter accuses me of peeping at her in the shower or worse. Their previous male housemate peeped on her. At times it will be me and her daughter alone while her mum is at work. My word against hers and mud sticks even if found not guilty. And I don't need that shit destroying my life.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    In less than one hour I have to be up to get ready to go to university and I'll be there all day. Hope I can function without any sleep.
  • Options
    I'm going to try see a counselor at university today. I'm struggling with all of this.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    with regards to moving out, that mother/daughter combo sounds like a REALLY bad idea. stay away. all you're going to get there is drama. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Find a different place. Just stick with your plan to move out soon - if that’s what you truly want. 

I could be mistaken, but it kind of sounds like you’re talking yourself out of it altogether. 
  • Options
    Plus the daughter has friends over on weekends with loud music and a lot of drinking. I need peoplemy age who are students or over partying.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Find a different place. Just stick with your plan to move out soon - if that’s what you truly want. 

I could be mistaken, but it kind of sounds like you’re talking yourself out of it altogether. 
    For the week or so because of my dad.
    I don't want to move out in the middle of the semester as I have too much work. How will I have time? Honours year for psychology is hard. People don't understand
  • Options
    It's a make or break year. It's what determines if you can go on to do Master's or PhD. If I don't do well I can kiss my dream career good bye
  • Options
    Please understand people
  • Options
    I feel like smashing my phone in frustration right now