Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options

@lastexitlondon , thinking of you Rob , I know the unknow is super scary but the odds are in your favor that it is not something serious.

Also as I side not , I noticed you posting in the coronavirus thread , I would say if you can to take a step away from that only with the worry and fear you have. Honestly after yesterday's news and the message board it felt like the only thing anyone was saying was "this is the end of the world" to the point that around 4pm I had a mild level panic attack thinking about it.

I had to check myself because just a few hours early I was emailing with someone on this board about how they should not worry about the virus for the upcoming euro tour , funny how the brain works.

Right now the only thing we can do is worry , I realize I don't want to spend my hours worrying and living instead ( much easier said then done )

What turned it around for me was , they had breaking news in Boston that someone may have the virus , this lead to the top story being about a student who went to china , did not feel well and went to the hospital , never developed virus and was going to be released at midnight after they had been in the hospital quarantine for 14 days!!! , so what part of the story need to scare the shit out of me before explaining it , possible ratings I did watch the news because of it but then realized that fear can drive clicks and views. I am not saying this is a fake story and something that should not be taken seriously but I also think news runs with the hot topic and again fear will drive you to watch.

Do I think it will make it to the US , yup , do I think it could disrupt life , yup however I also think it could be a small town in the middle of the country that has an outbreak and it comes and goes. I don't think the world is ending nor is my family going to die.

Deep breaths everyone ( me included ) , we cannot change anything other than how we look at life.

Love to everyone.

• Options
    I hear ya.  Love to all. And i might need to step away for a while. Its all too much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'm worrying, what if she says shit about me to others in our cohort and turns them against me.
    It's a small cohort and she knows everyone pretty much.
    It's making me anxious about going to lectures knowing people might be looking at me in a different way.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    I'm worrying, what if she says shit about me to others in our cohort and turns them against me.
    It's a small cohort and she knows everyone pretty much.
    It's making me anxious about going to lectures knowing people might be looking at me in a different way.
    what if she doesnt and you just focus on your studies and graduate with honors....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    If I could, I'd do Honours next year so I can have a different cohort.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    If I could, I'd do Honours next year so I can have a different cohort.
    and be another year older with same aged clasmates and the same self defeating worries about a fictional situation.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

@lastexitlondon how is everything with your daughter?

Also to everyone on the board whom may be anxious about coronavirus ( this would be the place for people to get worked up , not making fun of us just saying we tend to get more worked up )

A co-worker of mine who I don't see often as they work in another state but I do speak to them often had a brain aneurism last night , currently in surgery and after that is expected to be in ICU for a minimum of two weeks. She worries a lot like me. I pray she is going to be ok , no one really knows we are just sitting with the shock of it , luck work is slow today so my team has had time to talk about how they feel.

It just goes to show we can worry about everything but something can happen in a moments notice to change out lives and turn them upside down.

I cannot control this virus  , I don't think this virus will kill me or my family , worries you bet , I let myself relax this morning and just thought of my negative thoughts as a bug that was running back and forth across my neck , I let it run for a few mins with thoughts of worries and then with my eyes closed flicked that worry off my back.

Hold the ones you love , call the ones you love , tell them you love them , try not to look at the negative. Be grateful that we are all alive today and living our lives. I truly hope that  everyone has a great weekend.

@Thoughts_Arrived - the best advice I can give at this point is let it go , who cares what someone may or may not think about you , no on thinks you are a monster. You need to stop getting so upset that you want to punch a wall , I think with the abuse you have taken from your mother , it has created anger in you that you yourself my not even see but others can. Also you have no idea what is going on in that persons life and they may not want to share it with you. They could be dealing with cancer , worry , illness of a loved one. When I feel that way of course I am not going to converse with someone I just know from a class or speak too once and a while. Again remember all the worry you have , you never know what those people are going thru.

Love to all

matt

• Options
    Hi Matt,
    She's been avoiding me since 2018.
    I doubt it's something she's going through.
    Yeah, I feel like Darth Vader, everyone is intimidated by me lol
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Matts3221 said:

@lastexitlondon how is everything with your daughter?

Also to everyone on the board whom may be anxious about coronavirus ( this would be the place for people to get worked up , not making fun of us just saying we tend to get more worked up )

A co-worker of mine who I don't see often as they work in another state but I do speak to them often had a brain aneurism last night , currently in surgery and after that is expected to be in ICU for a minimum of two weeks. She worries a lot like me. I pray she is going to be ok , no one really knows we are just sitting with the shock of it , luck work is slow today so my team has had time to talk about how they feel.

It just goes to show we can worry about everything but something can happen in a moments notice to change out lives and turn them upside down.

I cannot control this virus  , I don't think this virus will kill me or my family , worries you bet , I let myself relax this morning and just thought of my negative thoughts as a bug that was running back and forth across my neck , I let it run for a few mins with thoughts of worries and then with my eyes closed flicked that worry off my back.

Hold the ones you love , call the ones you love , tell them you love them , try not to look at the negative. Be grateful that we are all alive today and living our lives. I truly hope that  everyone has a great weekend.

@Thoughts_Arrived - the best advice I can give at this point is let it go , who cares what someone may or may not think about you , no on thinks you are a monster. You need to stop getting so upset that you want to punch a wall , I think with the abuse you have taken from your mother , it has created anger in you that you yourself my not even see but others can. Also you have no idea what is going on in that persons life and they may not want to share it with you. They could be dealing with cancer , worry , illness of a loved one. When I feel that way of course I am not going to converse with someone I just know from a class or speak too once and a while. Again remember all the worry you have , you never know what those people are going thru.

Love to all

matt

Matts, I really like your take and will try to employ that for myself next time I'm in the zone.
  • Options
    Fear has me. My daughter is not right  and i know it. The dr via the phone said wait  1 month then see. I cant cope as it is with no car and this fuckin virus going viral .  Health anxiety  has me again. This  is when drinking i could hide.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    edited February 2020
    Fear has me. My daughter is not right  and i know it. The dr via the phone said wait  1 month then see. I cant cope as it is with no car and this fuckin virus going viral .  Health anxiety  has me again. This  is when drinking i could hide.
    What else did the doctor say when you had the appointment with her?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JPPJ84 said:
    What else did the doctor say when you had the appointment with her?
    Agreed - if the doc felt it was something serious, I can't imagine suggesting a wait-time of one month.  Keeping you both in my thoughts, Rob!

• Options
    Can you take your daughter to your local hospital's emergency department if you think something is wrong?
    At least this way you can gain peace of mind now rather than wait one month.
  • Options
    I read an article saying children are less likely to contract coronavirus. I think it is dangerous if you are elderly.
  • Options
    Dr said to do bloods on a 2 year old is a last resort.  She said she Spoke to a paediatric on the phone. Im constantly saying she is pale and she keeps saying she is so tired and wanting food then not eating  it then eats loads  so at least she is eating and drinking and going to the  toilet. They said no other red flags. But she has been getting temps for most of this year. Fuck this its caring beyond whats helpful im pissing my mrs off i can tell.  Our life is just so shit right now and its nose diving further. Too damn much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    They will think im mad if i go hospital and tbh im not going near them places  atm. Its getting  fucking wild here  with panic
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I dont care of i get it or die.  I just cant handle my brain  and risk to my son and mum in risk groups
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    edited March 2020
    The virus is confirmed in my neighbouring town
     Ffs. Rich kids school travelling back from  north italy. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Hang in there!! You got this... just another day. 

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Im thinking  all sorts. Im fucked without this extra. You are right. Just another day thats how i have to treat it. But i live in a small flat with my partner our 2 year old and her unclean 13 year old son. I can keep myself clean as i have health anxiety  its my normal.
    But cant control others. I hate all this and makes me want to get drunk
     We will see its march  1st ive done 2 months no drink and ive proved to myself and anyone who said my problems could have been alcohol. That they were not. So now i think if life is in danger and loved ones. Why not drink if i want to. Feeling very very vulnerable 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    There  is no  escape from this virus. Where i live has 4 i think cases within 3 miles of my house.  Ive always struggled with germs. 
    I can't  make the people i live with be like me. I can't  be sure they are clean enough. This is like my worst case senario. Actually happening.  Last night i wanted to bail. Not be here anymore i so want to drink but haven't 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The only people at risk of dying are the elderly and sick.
    Even if you were to get it you'd be able to recover like many have.
  • Options
    but you dont have it , so worry about something else.

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    There  is no  escape from this virus. Where i live has 4 i think cases within 3 miles of my house.  Ive always struggled with germs. 
    I can't  make the people i live with be like me. I can't  be sure they are clean enough. This is like my worst case senario. Actually happening.  Last night i wanted to bail. Not be here anymore i so want to drink but haven't 

Rob:

I promise you and most importantly your children are going to be ok. I live 30 mins north of Boston in New Hampshire and our state our first case yesterday ( about 25 mins from were I work ). Please note that the best thing to be doing is stay clean and wash your hands. I know hand washing seems like the simplist thing but it truly can help. I work with clients on a daily basis and the only thing that I have noticed that has changed is not so much hand shaking anymore. However I will still shake someones hand just go wash my hands for 20 seconds right after.

I would also recommend looking up Last Week Tonight With John Oliver to see his piece on Coronovirus that he did Sunday it is around 20 mins long but does let you breath a little , it is more focused on the US than any other place ( I think what gets me so worked up and not to make it political but we currently have a president that has lied about everything from net worth , to ratings , size of attendance at rally's ect ect… so I don't really trust anything that comes out of his mouth and that can cause panic )

Deep breaths , it is going to be ok , you are going to be ok , your kids and family are going to be ok , I know you feel scared and I wish I could grab some coffee with you and just talk it out.

Not comparing to the flu but when you think of running in to someone who has the flu I tend to freak out because I know they have it , however I am sure I pass tons of humans every day with the flu and I don't worry because I cannot see it.

Again I would stick with CDC / WHO and not all the news.

Wishing you well.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I'm saying that to try to alleviate Rob's anxiety over the virus.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    and while I quoted you, it was directed to him. piggybacking off your point......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and while I quoted you, it was directed to him. piggybacking off your point......
    Oh haha. Yeah it had me confused. Sorry lol
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    You just have to take it a day at a time. I live with congestive heart failure.  PJ Forum Thread Link
    Any flu, not just Covid-19, but any flu bug.... could be deadly for me. You just need to take precautions and let the BS slide away. I know it's easier said than done, but what the alternative? Take a half hour, take a deep breath, turn the volume up on your favorite PJ album, close your eyes, and let it go.... trust me, you'll feel better afterwards!

• Options
    Thats true
     Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
     Then get up tomorrow, say F*** it all, it don't matter, I'm alive today......rinse and repeat... haha... I laugh, but it's true.