Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I dont speak to my dad and im pleased. I didn't  want to feel shit  about  his behaviours  anymore. Sometimes you have to stop them the only  way is  distance.
    Just reminding T_A-- I disowned my biological father when I was 15, asked my step dad to adopt me and had a legal name change. I don't regret it. I ended up being the only one of us who fully cut communication. I've said it before. He was such a fucker in the end that his dying wish was that I be left out of the obituary. Did I care? Hell no. I kind of celebrated being left out. 

Light that match. 

Burn that bridge. 

Will your parents accept your atheism? No. You don't want them to change you, and you shouldn't expect to change them. 

We're handing you that book of matches. Take them. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited December 2019
    How is everyone doing?
    As for me, I'm okay. Just dealing with butthurt parents that cannot accept I am an atheist. 
    You need to perfect the art of giving zero fucks what your parents think. Seriously. Zero fucks.
    It's hard when they have a frown on their faces all day long. They both look so angry and depressed. Mum isn't talking to me and dad won't speak to me in a nice manner. Very short and with attitude. I hate that it destroys them this much because I feel responsible.
    Thoughts_Arrive, just checking in to see how you are doing.

I'm okay. Thank you for checking in. 

And I agree with previous posts, one day I will have the distance I so desire. I'll be dead to them, to everyone who does not understand me.
    I dream of flying free.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Why  do you care. ?
    Think about that. And write down why you care. I bet you cant know why.
    So stop
    Mainly because I am so self conscious and the fact they are worried about me and probably think I am possessed or something makes me so self conscious. I feel like a freak in their eyes.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    But you can see that THEY are in the wrong and you are not unusual or odd.?Their attitude and actions are odd.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Being the minority makes me feel like a freak

• Options
    New years eve is almost here and I once again have noone to ring it in with.
    I feel so lonely.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    I feel so lonely.
    Have you asked any of your friends what their plans are and if you can join? You‘ve got to make an effort, even though you’re anxious about it!
     I’m in a Facebook group „new in Hamburg“ and let me tell you, for the past week people have been writing about being alone for New Year’s and hooking up with others for nice get togethers. I know this may not be your thing but you won’t meet new people unless you put yourself out there 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I know. I just feel everyone has their own lives now. I feel like I'm intruding. I don't know who to ask.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    I feel so lonely.
    Find the right book. That is what works for me anyway. People are overrated, books are great company.
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    How is everyone doing?
    As for me, I'm okay. Just dealing with butthurt parents that cannot accept I am an atheist. 
    You need to perfect the art of giving zero fucks what your parents think. Seriously. Zero fucks.
    It's hard when they have a frown on their faces all day long. They both look so angry and depressed. Mum isn't talking to me and dad won't speak to me in a nice manner. Very short and with attitude. I hate that it destroys them this much because I feel responsible.

And I agree with previous posts, one day I will have the distance I so desire. I'll be dead to them, to everyone who does not understand me.
    I dream of flying free.
    Glad to hear you are doing okay!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Just checking in to key you guys know I'm alive.  I'm in the midst of a major PTSD stranglehold.    I am  completely agoraphobic,  haven't left the house in a long time.  I am the only driver in my home, so nothing  gets done when I'm suffering this intensely. Thank god for delivery  services. 
    This only adds to my feelings of self loathing. 

I know what I should be doing for the most part but I also know that isolation only allows my mis-firing brain to work its negative forces on me. I know,  I know - I've been told that I'm too  smart for my own good throughout my 20 year journey with mental health illnesses. I think it means I'm  in my head too much,  & that is a scary place to be,  especially alone.  I have no support system,  I am supposed to be support for  my mom & son. I have always taken care of  others,  gladly,  but I'm  not so good at self care when I'm deep in the belly of this beast. I can't do anything.

I feel like a failure, I am scared of everything, I am freaked out about my financial situation & what will happen to me in the future. I miss my dad & brother & my sister so much. I miss the son who filled my heart  with love & purpose.  The son who returned is a different person,  he was abused by his sociopathic father for years that were lost to me as i didn't see him for 5 years starting at 16, huge years & they were filled with his hate for me & excruciating sadness & confusion. He is messed up & I miss the son I know & the mother that I was. I was his advocate & now I have nothing. 

My  mom  got old, acting old, real quick,  & I promised my sister I'd care for  her. I'd have done it anyway, that's my thing,  caring for  others.  Or give me a crisis & I'm in go mode. But I'm just floundering in my own crisis,  & that's what it is I've realized. 

It's hard to see Mom slowly stop doing anything for  herself.  She stays up in my apartment,  not hers & I sometimes get angry.  I dont want to but it just comes out & I say mean things to my only 2 surviving family members because I'm scared of how they've changed & I realize no one is going to help me. It hurts, & I express it in bouts of anger they don't understand or deserve, then I retreat back to my bedroom. 

I don't know how to shake the depression & anxiety from trauma.  I am suspicious,  I don't trust, I feel betrayed & triggers are everywhere.  Everything is terrifying. It's exhausting. I contribute nothing to the world & I feel guilty for squandering precious time of which my siblings were robbed. (That's how you keep a participle from dangling.)

So that's a bit of my struggle,  I know I am not unique nor am I the only one suffering.  I have no advice for you guys but I do keep you in my thoughts & heart. It's a special thing to actually admit a struggle & find there are others who are right there with you. 

The holidays don't help,  but I am determined to get my life back. Just as alcohol was a monster that took over my life years ago,  then domestic abuse.  Now PTSD is the monster that I want gone. I hate this existence,  the real me is screaming inside as my mind & body do nothing. 

I love you guys,  I see so much honesty & compassion. The world needs this type of understanding,  acceptance & community. Safe places. Kindness.

Happy New Year, may we all fight the clouds of darkness & its lies, and trust truth, light & life. Let's ask for help or give it without shame. May we love  ourselves no matter what, just a little bit each day. That's my grown up Christmas wish. 

Be strong,
     Nancy
    ✌❤🤘

• Options
    Nancy we all love you. Know that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Nancy,

We can't fix it, but I am so very glad that you know that you DO have a support system here. 
    +1. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    Nancy,

We can't fix it, but I am so very glad that you know that you DO have a support system here. 
    +1. 
    Yes, both of these.

And this?

Happy New Year, may we all fight the clouds of darkness & its lies, and trust truth, light & life. Let's ask for help or give it without shame. May we love  ourselves no matter what, just a little bit each day. That's my grown up Christmas wish. 

Amen.  And for you as well.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,946
    @njnancy as you continue to endure yet another battle, I echo the others, you may not know us and we’re located around the globe, but we are here for you.  Vent as much and as often as you can to purge yourself of negative thoughts and emotions.

You’ve fought other demons (alcohol, cigs, domestic abuse) and have destroyed them or kept them in check.  You are a fucking hero.  That little spark which exists in us all, refuses, in you, to be quenched.  Fan that flame with positive thoughts of your fighting spirit.  We’ll be here to cheer you on and to listen if you need us.

Much love today and everyday.

S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?

I dream of flying free.
    Glad to hear you are doing okay!
    Thanks. Was doing okay. I've had a dive in mood.

• Options
    njnancy said:
    Just checking in to key you guys know I'm alive.  I'm in the midst of a major PTSD stranglehold.    I am  completely agoraphobic,  haven't left the house in a long time.  I am the only driver in my home, so nothing  gets done when I'm suffering this intensely. Thank god for delivery  services. 
    This only adds to my feelings of self loathing. 

I know what I should be doing for the most part but I also know that isolation only allows my mis-firing brain to work its negative forces on me. I know,  I know - I've been told that I'm too  smart for my own good throughout my 20 year journey with mental health illnesses. I think it means I'm  in my head too much,  & that is a scary place to be,  especially alone.  I have no support system,  I am supposed to be support for  my mom & son. I have always taken care of  others,  gladly,  but I'm  not so good at self care when I'm deep in the belly of this beast. I can't do anything.

I feel like a failure, I am scared of everything, I am freaked out about my financial situation & what will happen to me in the future. I miss my dad & brother & my sister so much. I miss the son who filled my heart  with love & purpose.  The son who returned is a different person,  he was abused by his sociopathic father for years that were lost to me as i didn't see him for 5 years starting at 16, huge years & they were filled with his hate for me & excruciating sadness & confusion. He is messed up & I miss the son I know & the mother that I was. I was his advocate & now I have nothing. 

My  mom  got old, acting old, real quick,  & I promised my sister I'd care for  her. I'd have done it anyway, that's my thing,  caring for  others.  Or give me a crisis & I'm in go mode. But I'm just floundering in my own crisis,  & that's what it is I've realized. 

It's hard to see Mom slowly stop doing anything for  herself.  She stays up in my apartment,  not hers & I sometimes get angry.  I dont want to but it just comes out & I say mean things to my only 2 surviving family members because I'm scared of how they've changed & I realize no one is going to help me. It hurts, & I express it in bouts of anger they don't understand or deserve, then I retreat back to my bedroom. 

I don't know how to shake the depression & anxiety from trauma.  I am suspicious,  I don't trust, I feel betrayed & triggers are everywhere.  Everything is terrifying. It's exhausting. I contribute nothing to the world & I feel guilty for squandering precious time of which my siblings were robbed. (That's how you keep a participle from dangling.)

So that's a bit of my struggle,  I know I am not unique nor am I the only one suffering.  I have no advice for you guys but I do keep you in my thoughts & heart. It's a special thing to actually admit a struggle & find there are others who are right there with you. 

The holidays don't help,  but I am determined to get my life back. Just as alcohol was a monster that took over my life years ago,  then domestic abuse.  Now PTSD is the monster that I want gone. I hate this existence,  the real me is screaming inside as my mind & body do nothing. 

I love you guys,  I see so much honesty & compassion. The world needs this type of understanding,  acceptance & community. Safe places. Kindness.

Be strong,
     Nancy
    ✌❤🤘

Terribly sad to read what you've gone through and are battling today.
    A lot of what you said resonates with me. I know what I have to do to help myself but cannot find the strength to do it.
    Sending you my love. Happy new year to you too.
  • Options
    The hardest thing that I have had to deal with this year has been my best friend, the one person I feel truly understands me, living far from where I live as he has moved and he has become a new dad. I feel like I've lost him to due his relocation and new dad duties. Plus he's in a band now so he's busy with that. We do not chat as often as we used to. I haven't told him how I feel as I don't want to make him feel bad. It makes me feel so alone and frightened. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The hardest thing that I have had to deal with this year has been my best friend, the one person I feel truly understands me, living far from where I live as he has moved and he has become a new dad. I feel like I've lost him to due his relocation and new dad duties. Plus he's in a band now so he's busy with that. We do not chat as often as we used to. I haven't told him how I feel as I don't want to make him feel bad. It makes me feel so alone and frightened. 
    A good reason to begin forging new friendships!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    hedonist said:
    I know. My best friend is irreplaceable to me, we've known each other for almost 20 years. He's like a brother. 
    My heart is too big, it loves too much, too deeply and on the flip side feels immense heartache. 
    I have two other friends but we have not caught up in many months (April and July). 
    It is so hard to find someone you connect with and can trust.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    I know. My best friend is irreplaceable to me, we've known each other for almost 20 years. He's like a brother. 
    My heart is too big, it loves too much, too deeply and on the flip side feels immense heartache. 
    I have two other friends but we have not caught up in many months (April and July). 

Make the first step then, reconnect! Don’t expect others to come to you. Just text or phone them, arrange to catch up 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited December 2019
    Which choice appeals to you more T_A, making the first move to reconnect with old friends or trying to make new friends?
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Which choice appeals to you more T_A, making the first move to reconnect with old friends or trying to make new friends?
    Reconnecting. It's very hard to find good friends, I cannot be bothered being disappointed. Plus I am too shy.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

Make the first step then, reconnect! Don’t expect others to come to you. Just text or phone them, arrange to catch up 
    If people don't come to me, am I worth it?
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

Have you ever thought about what your friends might feel? Could be „I wonder why M isn’t ever calling? Maybe he doesn’t like me anymore?“
    From my own experience I can tell you it’s annoying af to have friends who never make an effort and who always expect the others to make the first step. Rise above it and make the first step. Don’t overthink it. Wish them a very happy new year and tell them it’s been way too long, let‘s have a beer and catch up in January 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

Have you ever thought about what your friends might feel? Could be „I wonder why M isn’t ever calling? Maybe he doesn’t like me anymore?“
    From my own experience I can tell you it’s annoying af to have friends who never make an effort and who always expect the others to make the first step. Rise above it and make the first step. Don’t overthink it. Wish them a very happy new year and tell them it’s been way too long, let‘s have a beer and catch up in January 
    I did send my best friend a Christmas text to wish him and his family a Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Reconnecting. It's very hard to find good friends, I cannot be bothered being disappointed. Plus I am too shy.
    If you live your life trying to shield yourself from disappointment I‘m not sure you‘re really living. You‘ve got to take a risk sometimes. Also you don’t have to find a new best friend, it’s nice to also have very good casual friends you can have a coffee with or share a hobby. When I came to Hamburg I knew two people who were two of my best friends from uni. One‘s got a family now and we see each other about 5 times a year... lucky me! I met a couple of new friends. Two moved away but luckily we’re still in contact and meet once a year. One‘s my neighbor, who I‘m very friendly with, we catch up, we grab a drink and we help each other out. Is she a close friend? No, but that is not disappointing. It’s fine. My closest friend, who I met here during a sports program, has family and she’ll probably move away in six months... yaay! It sucks big time. So I‘ll have to look for new friends. My point is that all of this is part of life and you have to make an effort!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

I did send my best friend a Christmas text to wish him and his family a Merry Christmas.
    Good, now go text the other two and ask about catching up :smile: 
  • Options
    I Facebook messaged my other friend and suggested a catch up as he reached out to me a month ago but I did not hear back.
    He apologised for not being in touch and just told me he's been unwinding at home as he's had a rough year which is understandable.
    He suggested a catch up next week. I said yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    If you live your life trying to shield yourself from disappointment I‘m not sure you‘re really living. You‘ve got to take a risk sometimes. Also you don’t have to find a new best friend, it’s nice to also have very good casual friends you can have a coffee with or share a hobby. When I came to Hamburg I knew two people who were two of my best friends from uni. One‘s got a family now and we see each other about 5 times a year... lucky me! I met a couple of new friends. Two moved away but luckily we’re still in contact and meet once a year. One‘s my neighbor, who I‘m very friendly with, we catch up, we grab a drink and we help each other out. Is she a close friend? No, but that is not disappointing. It’s fine. My closest friend, who I met here during a sports program, has family and she’ll probably move away in six months... yaay! It sucks big time. So I‘ll have to look for new friends. My point is that all of this is part of life and you have to make an effort!
    I understand. I compare every friendship to that of me and my best friend and it often leaves me feeling down. Casual friendships make me sad. I want close, deep, loving friendships. 
    Life is too painful for sensitives. 
    I don't want to feel like I am replacing friends because of life circumstances. 
    I'm loyal to those I love and it hurts that I don't get to see them often.