Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923
    Matts3221 said:

LastExit and everyone else on this board.

Just checking in to say hello and I love you to everyone on here. Holidays can be rough and I just wanted everyone who reads this to know you have a community that cares about you. If you don't have anyone else to talk to at least we have this board.

Be safe , be health , be strong. There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel no matter how long it may seem.

Thanks Matts, I agree wholeheartedly with your post.  Be well.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Thanks Matts!
    Appreciate your thoughts.
    I hope you have a great day.
    It's morning here. So far so good.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    My family is so fucked up.
    My sister and nieces did not even bother to wish me or my parents a merry Christmas.
    My parents help them out a lot and I have been a good uncle yet they don't care.
    My other sister is estranged from everyone in my family except my dad. Her husband came over this morning with nephew and niece which was nice. Except for the part where my brother in law asked me what I think of Trump and started talking about how great Trump is for the American economy. Kind of annoying he assumes I'm a right winger when I have never discussed my political leanings with him.
    I see my friends posting photos of their family Christmas gatherings on social media and they're all having fun but my family are fucked up. My parents are sad that my sister and nieces did not wish them a merry Christmas.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,893
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    When my mum blames my best friend for my life choices it insults my intelligence
  • Options
    I'm so enraged right now I want to smash things up and am having suicidal thoughts
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I dont understand why her thoughts and opinions are so important to you.

and before you say some varient of of well its supposed to be like.......

live in the reality of the situation. Accept the fact she isnt how you wish her to be and dismiss her thoughts and beliefs. THEY ARE IRRELEVANT.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Because she thinks I don't have a mind of my own. She thinks others control my life. She blames my best friend for me choosing to be atheist. She looks at me like I'm possessed by satan and need an exorcism. My brother in law thinks I am right winger. Noone knows me in my family 
  • Options
    Because she thinks I don't have a mind of my own. She thinks others control my life. She blames my best friend for me choosing to be atheist. She looks at me like I'm possessed by satan and need an exorcism. My brother in law thinks I am right winger. Noone knows me in my family 

Is any of it true? then so fucking what, what they think. wrong is wrong.

Frankly , its a good thing they dont know you. really, its easier then to cut them off. which you absolutely MUST do.

• Options
    I can't wait.
    After I finish university I am moving out of my city and an hour away to be closer to those that matter to me.
    I thought I'd stay here because of my nieces but they don't give a fuck about me in their selfish little worlds.
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?
    As for me, I'm okay. Just dealing with butthurt parents that cannot accept I am an atheist. 
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    How is everyone doing?
    As for me, I'm okay. Just dealing with butthurt parents that cannot accept I am an atheist. 
    You need to perfect the art of giving zero fucks what your parents think. Seriously. Zero fucks.
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?
    You need to perfect the art of giving zero fucks what your parents think. Seriously. Zero fucks.
    good book.....

I'm listening to "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life" on Scribd. Check it out: https://www.scribd.com/audiobook/323820252

this links the audio version on scribd. also available in print here or through amazon, kindle and audible

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923
    How is everyone doing?
    Good advice!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?
    It's hard when they have a frown on their faces all day long. They both look so angry and depressed. Mum isn't talking to me and dad won't speak to me in a nice manner. Very short and with attitude. I hate that it destroys them this much because I feel responsible.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    How is everyone doing?
    good book.....

I'm listening to "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life" on Scribd. Check it out: https://www.scribd.com/audiobook/323820252

this links the audio version on scribd. also available in print here or through amazon, kindle and audible

I have read that book.
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?
    It's hard when they have a frown on their faces all day long. They both look so angry and depressed. Mum isn't talking to me and dad won't speak to me in a nice manner. Very short and with attitude. I hate that it destroys them this much because I feel responsible.
    I'm sorry you're going through that right now. It sucks to know your parents are suffering, (even when you don't get along with them).
  • Options
    How is everyone doing?
    I'm sorry you're going through that right now. It sucks to know your parents are suffering, (even when you don't get along with them).
    Thanks. It's like emotional blackmail.
  • Options
    Does it work?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How is everyone doing?
    Mind games.

You may feel culpable (and maybe you are, for not personifying what they want), but they are responsible for how they treat you, what they say, and on.

Consider this further proof that (I believe) it would benefit your state of mind to distance yourself from them, both literally and figuratively.  At least, until you're at a point where you really DON'T give any fucks.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    How is everyone doing?
    good book.....

I have read that book.
    maybe read it again.  and apply the philosophy

• Options
    Does it work?
    Kind of because I'm thinking about it a lot.
    It's so ridiculous asking me to worship who hasn't been proven to exist yet I'm the crazy person.
  • Options
    Why  do you care. ?
    Think about that. And write down why you care. I bet you cant know why.
    So stop
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Why  do you care. ?
    Think about that. And write down why you care. I bet you cant know why.
    So stop
    „They’re my parents“ is not a good enough reason so scratch that right away 
  • Options
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but "they're my parents" works for me. I didn't talk to my father for quite a few years, and it isn't such a black and white decision. It is complicated and painful as fuck.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but "they're my parents" works for me. I didn't talk to my father for quite a few years, and it isn't such a black and white decision. It is complicated and painful as fuck.
    True, it’s not black and white! I rather meant that when people constantly treat you badly, them being your parents should not be an excuse for them. It shouldn’t mean you have to let them do it „just because they’re your parents“
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    True, it’s not black and white! I rather meant that when people constantly treat you badly, them being your parents should not be an excuse for them. It shouldn’t mean you have to let them do it „just because they’re your parents“
    I understand, thank you for explaining. :)
  • Options
    yep. any family or friend can still be family and friend. just from over there. waaaaay over there.

• Options
    I dont speak to my dad and im pleased. I didn't  want to feel shit  about  his behaviours  anymore. Sometimes you have to stop them the only  way is  distance.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    How is everyone doing?
    Thoughts_Arrive, just checking in to see how you are doing.