Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I fear losing those I love. The thought terrifies me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Then love more  people
     They  wont all die or leave. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    edited December 2019
    njnancy, Please know that you have a community here that supports you. Post as little or as often as you need/want. And if PTSD has a stranglehold at the moment, feel free to punch it in the throat to get it to loosen its grip and eventually let go. Take care of yourself, first and foremost.
    Post edited by SD48277 on
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Then love more  people
     They  wont all die or leave. 
    I like this response. :rose:
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    Just checking in to key you guys know I'm alive.  I'm in the midst of a major PTSD stranglehold.    I am  completely agoraphobic,  haven't left the house in a long time.  I am the only driver in my home, so nothing  gets done when I'm suffering this intensely. Thank god for delivery  services. 
    This only adds to my feelings of self loathing. 

I know what I should be doing for the most part but I also know that isolation only allows my mis-firing brain to work its negative forces on me. I know,  I know - I've been told that I'm too  smart for my own good throughout my 20 year journey with mental health illnesses. I think it means I'm  in my head too much,  & that is a scary place to be,  especially alone.  I have no support system,  I am supposed to be support for  my mom & son. I have always taken care of  others,  gladly,  but I'm  not so good at self care when I'm deep in the belly of this beast. I can't do anything.

I feel like a failure, I am scared of everything, I am freaked out about my financial situation & what will happen to me in the future. I miss my dad & brother & my sister so much. I miss the son who filled my heart  with love & purpose.  The son who returned is a different person,  he was abused by his sociopathic father for years that were lost to me as i didn't see him for 5 years starting at 16, huge years & they were filled with his hate for me & excruciating sadness & confusion. He is messed up & I miss the son I know & the mother that I was. I was his advocate & now I have nothing. 

My  mom  got old, acting old, real quick,  & I promised my sister I'd care for  her. I'd have done it anyway, that's my thing,  caring for  others.  Or give me a crisis & I'm in go mode. But I'm just floundering in my own crisis,  & that's what it is I've realized. 

It's hard to see Mom slowly stop doing anything for  herself.  She stays up in my apartment,  not hers & I sometimes get angry.  I dont want to but it just comes out & I say mean things to my only 2 surviving family members because I'm scared of how they've changed & I realize no one is going to help me. It hurts, & I express it in bouts of anger they don't understand or deserve, then I retreat back to my bedroom. 

I don't know how to shake the depression & anxiety from trauma.  I am suspicious,  I don't trust, I feel betrayed & triggers are everywhere.  Everything is terrifying. It's exhausting. I contribute nothing to the world & I feel guilty for squandering precious time of which my siblings were robbed. (That's how you keep a participle from dangling.)

So that's a bit of my struggle,  I know I am not unique nor am I the only one suffering.  I have no advice for you guys but I do keep you in my thoughts & heart. It's a special thing to actually admit a struggle & find there are others who are right there with you. 

The holidays don't help,  but I am determined to get my life back. Just as alcohol was a monster that took over my life years ago,  then domestic abuse.  Now PTSD is the monster that I want gone. I hate this existence,  the real me is screaming inside as my mind & body do nothing. 

I love you guys,  I see so much honesty & compassion. The world needs this type of understanding,  acceptance & community. Safe places. Kindness.

Happy New Year, may we all fight the clouds of darkness & its lies, and trust truth, light & life. Let's ask for help or give it without shame. May we love  ourselves no matter what, just a little bit each day. That's my grown up Christmas wish. 

Be strong,
     Nancy
    ✌❤🤘

Thinking of you this morning.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,888

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Mickey and matts. Great  posts 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/VGRtYNGNkdE
    T.A
     This was my birthday , I was rail with my now partner.  Then a friend. We have a daughter now.And this  message from ed may well of bèen about Israel at the time but what he is saying about how we all should live is a good watch. It made me think of you for both  reasons. 1. Life is simple . We are simple.
    2. I was standing with the now love if my life. And at the time we were just a group  of fans that were at a few gigs the  same. Now we have a wonderful  daughter in our 40's. 
    Its there  my friend. Let go and fly.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,035
    edited December 2019
    I think it wont play it on here. But its pearl jam daughter  from milton Keynes.  11th july 2014. From about 3 mins onward
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I like this :)
  • Options
    T.A
     This was my birthday , I was rail with my now partner.  Then a friend. We have a daughter now.And this  message from ed may well of bèen about Israel at the time but what he is saying about how we all should live is a good watch. It made me think of you for both  reasons. 1. Life is simple . We are simple.
    2. I was standing with the now love if my life. And at the time we were just a group  of fans that were at a few gigs the  same. Now we have a wonderful  daughter in our 40's. 
    It wouldn't play for me either. I'll look on YouTube.
    Thank you Rob. That's beautiful how you two met.
    I've sadly had female friends that I've had feelings for but they didn't feel the same way about me. I'm great at being friendzoned.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Friend zone is ok. 
    And may not stay that way. 
    Friends  are  more important  and can become  more sometimes. But if not then they have friends also to meet.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    female friends can be important allies on several fronts.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    If they can be turned, they would be a great asset.
    Can it be done?
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Are you looking for friends or assets??? 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Was a joke. Star Wars reference....
    Sorry I know it came across bad.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Good thing the trilogy is on my agenda for tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    Friend zone is ok. 
    And may not stay that way. 
    Friends  are  more important  and can become  more sometimes. But if not then they have friends also to meet.
    I have two single female friends. I haven't seen them in a long time.
    I wouldn't even say we're friends, acquaintances more so but we chat on Facebook messenger all the time.
    One is from uni and the other I sent a friend request on Facebook because she was commenting on my post on a Simpsons page and I thought she looked pretty.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    which?

• Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    which?

The only one that counts. The original one 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    which?

It's treason, then
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    which?

It's treason, then
    No no, reason! 
  • Options

So last night I got gripped with a paralyzing fear , I was legitatmal (sp) frozen in panic for a good hour or so and I thought of you Thoughts_Arrived.  I had a conversation with someone who works with me yesterday at work and we got just a bit snippy with each other but it really stuck with me and when I thought about it at home I started to think , this person hates me , they are going to leave this job and I am fucked , I am fucked.

After taking a deep breath and thinking about it I realized I was just projecting how I assumed she felt and then started jumping ahead 10 steps on the ladder.

Today coming into work , nothing but smiles and laughs.  It hit me again stop assuming what other people think. Just move forward with life.

Again good advice for anyone but for some reason I thought of you Thoguhts.

I hope everyone has a safe / healthy / Anxiety free New Years 

I personal just plan on staying in as I do every year since I was 26 with my wife and watching some movies and eating some special gummy bears :)

• Options
    Thanks Matts.
    I always project and assume.
    I wish you and everyone a happy and healthy new year and decade.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Matts.
    I always project and assume.
    I wish you and everyone a happy and healthy new year and decade.
    have you ever heard of this woman? if not, seriously look into her philosophy.....

https://youtu.be/ZzYz9CEhuXE

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Nope. Thank you.
    I've added that video to watch later as it is too long for today.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    T.A
    I finally got around to the video, wow I've never heard Ed so fired up before. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Rob, hope you’re doing well(ish?) today. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Rob, hope you’re doing well(ish?) today. 
    Thank you . I went  sober today and im so ill . I cant breathe properly  and i feel awful. Im going  to a drug and alcohol place tomorrow although  deep down i know i have a worse problem  and the drink and weed is all i have had to hide behind. I dont think  i can quit. But if i dont keep  trying i will be dead soon
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    You are all kind here.  I feel ashamed and at the same time i want it all to end
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07