Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I sent him a PM yesterday, no reply yet. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    What a bummer! 

He'll come back soon.
  • Options
    I know most of you suffer here.
    Im down a hole that  i cant get out of,i admit ive now got more problems and addiction is now a problem it makes me feel shit but i keep doing it. I escape but i dont. I cant stop . Ive lost my mind
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I am sorry to read Rob.
    Have you considered a rehab center for your addiction?
    I am not sure what else to say seeing you are having bad dealings with the mental health system in the UK.
    As I have suggested, there are psychologists who offer Skype sessions if you want to find one that is out of reach where you live.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Hi mate . Im sure this isnt a mental health  issue anymore. Im so fucked up
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Hi mate . Im sure this isnt a mental health  issue anymore. Im so fucked up
    I am not addiction expert but from what I know, the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a substance problem.
    From here you can take the next steps towards sobriety. 
    I wish you strength my man. You can do this.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    So many kind words for me, thank you all!  I checked in now and then to be sure you are all hanging in there.
    I didn't know I was unbanned yesterday because I was in the woods.  I put together a big magical treasure hunt for my son and his 2 cousins, ages 7, 5, and 4.  It was awesome, they totally thought the whole thing was real.  Fairies and pirate treasure and a troll to fear.  The frenetic pace of the set-up and the anticipation and expectation had me a little anxious, but only a natural and very manageable level.
    You guys nailed it, hiking and laying up the garden for winter lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Haha I was going to say OffSheGoes guessed correct.
    I'm glad you had fun in the woods!

• Options
    rgambs said:
    So many kind words for me, thank you all!  I checked in now and then to be sure you are all hanging in there.
    I didn't know I was unbanned yesterday because I was in the woods.  I put together a big magical treasure hunt for my son and his 2 cousins, ages 7, 5, and 4.  It was awesome, they totally thought the whole thing was real.  Fairies and pirate treasure and a troll to fear.  The frenetic pace of the set-up and the anticipation and expectation had me a little anxious, but only a natural and very manageable level.
    Such a cool idea! :pirate:  Maybe you should be banned more often if it inspires that kind of magical thinking. ;)
  • Options
    Haha I was going to say OffSheGoes guessed correct.
    I'm glad you had fun in the woods!

I didn't really guess--I played the troll. 

:joker:
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Such a cool idea! :pirate:  Maybe you should be banned more often if it inspires that kind of magical thinking. ;)
    LOL
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Welcome back @rgambs !! 

So glad to retire #freegambs!!  I don't use my Twitter account but it surely would have gone viral!! 

Amazing project that you undertook while you were away!! Lucky kids!!

(Trump is yammering away on my TV, hence the liberal use of exclamation points. )

:hug:
  • Options
    Feeling down, alone and hopeless this morning :-(
    Feeling like the medication was a false hope.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some meds take a bit of time to do their thing.  Maybe chalk it up to that, or just a low period?

And lastexit, I hope you're looking into other ways (rehab, therapy, etc.) to help you out.  There's never any shame in reaching out, in order to make your body and mind well.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The girl I met 2 weeks ago just walked right past me in the lecture theatre without saying hello after I made the above post. Why does nobody want to know me. I almost burst into tears in the middle of the lecture.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    The girl I met 2 weeks ago just walked right past me in the lecture theatre without saying hello after I made the above post. Why does nobody want to know me. I almost burst into tears in the middle of the lecture.
    any number of reasons to be lost in thought and oblivious to those around them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    She was like a meter away walking up the stairs and past me where I was sitting next to the aisle. I'm never going to find love. My mum was right I will die alone.
  • Options
    You help people with their assignments over Facebook or in person and don't get a hello. Everyone in my cohort is the same, they don't bother saying hello or wanting to know me. People just use me for my good heart.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    edited October 2019
    hedonist said:
    Some meds take a bit of time to do their thing.  Maybe chalk it up to that, or just a low period?

And lastexit, I hope you're looking into other ways (rehab, therapy, etc.) to help you out.  There's never any shame in reaching out, in order to make your body and mind well.
    Ive lost all hope. I couldn't  get up at all . I seriously  think my time is up. Thanks  for all the love and care.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hedonist said:

It was working I felt, until today
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ive lost all hope. I couldn't  get up at all . I seriously  think my time is up. Thanks  for all the love and care.
    Me too. I am being forced to apply for full time work and keep getting rejection emails. Can't find love, can't find work, can't do anything right it seems.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    She was like a meter away walking up the stairs and past me where I was sitting next to the aisle. I'm never going to find love. My mum was right I will die alone.
    M, you need to check your expectations.  This woman doesn’t owe you anything, not even a greeting.  This does not mean that she doesn’t like you or want to know you.  Please try to recognise that just because a classmate, even one you’ve assisted, doesn’t say hello, it doesn’t mean you’ll end up alone forever.

if you can, ask your therapist for CBT techniques you can use to help you manage your expectations. Work on small goals.  A coffee date, (or three!), lunch or dinner.  Small steps.  If you’re expecting love and marriage right off the bat, you’ll more than likely be doomed to disappointment.  That’s not her fault. You may be putting off vibes that you’re not even aware of when you size up every woman you encounter as a potential wife.  Some people are very sensitive to those vibes and will run like hell.

Additionally, have you considered that your desperate need to prove your mother wrong is impeding your path to contentment?  From what you’ve said about her in the past, it’s important to recognise that she will probably never be happy and that’s not your fault, nor your responsibility.  Sending you hugs and good vibes.

S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    hedonist said:

@lastexitlondon  Hey, Rob, I’m thinking of you and your family.  I’m hoping that you reach out for help.  Sending you (((hugs))).  S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I understand she has a boyfriend but at least a simple greeting wouldn't hurt. Maybe as said above she was in her own world.
    Later in the day after posting the above, I was sitting on the floor outside the classroom where my tutorial was going to be and talking with a guy I know from the previous course I was enrolled in. When the tutorial finished she walked out and noticed me and and smiled and I waved hello and that was that. No, I wasn't stalking her, her tutorial is before mine and I was waiting.
    I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone in my circle is in love but me. I feel so alone and terrified I will never find someone. No antidepressant will fix that.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm so down and anxiety ridden that I have chest pains (happens every time I am in a shit mood).
  • Options
    I just saw this video and realised I died nearly 20 years ago

• Options
    I should be happy as today was my last day of classes at university but I'm miserable
  • Options
    So there's no point to life? I'm a corporate slave for life.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I understand she has a boyfriend but at least a simple greeting wouldn't hurt. Maybe as said above she was in her own world.
    Later in the day after posting the above, I was sitting on the floor outside the classroom where my tutorial was going to be and talking with a guy I know from the previous course I was enrolled in. When the tutorial finished she walked out and noticed me and and smiled and I waved hello and that was that. No, I wasn't stalking her, her tutorial is before mine and I was waiting.
    I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone in my circle is in love but me. I feel so alone and terrified I will never find someone. No antidepressant will fix that.
    the problem I see here is that you don't allow others to be in their own world. who knows what was going on in her head when she walked passed you. people deal with their own shit, and can't always be concerned or notice absolutely every other person they know. sometimes it's just too hard. there are an infinite number of reasons she may have not said hi. 

also, why didn't YOU say hi?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited October 2019
    the problem I see here is that you don't allow others to be in their own world. who knows what was going on in her head when she walked passed you. people deal with their own shit, and can't always be concerned or notice absolutely every other person they know. sometimes it's just too hard. there are an infinite number of reasons she may have not said hi. 

also, why didn't YOU say hi?
    I agree with all of this.
    I also think that this woman with the serious boyfriend isn't up for grabs anyway, and that there is no reason for you to be sweating something so much when all it is and all it can be is a casual friendship at most.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata