The Food Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    NY strips on the grill.   

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  •  Nice and rare, looks awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    mcgruff10 said:
    NY strips on the grill.   

Yum. Looks delicious. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    edited November 2023
    Loujoe said:
    Busted out the crockpot today for some venison stew. Always a good meal on a cool late fall day.
    Quick recipe? I don't have venison but would sub something.
    Basically a traditional, run of the mill beef stew recipe: carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, sliced onion, minced garlic, frozen peas, can of tomato paste, tablespoon or two of flour, a couple cups of water or beef stock, bay leaf, salt/pepper to taste and venison (or beef). Throw in the crockpot for 6 hours or so. Serve with crusty bread. Nothing fancy, but hits the spot.
    Thx. Sounds great on a cold day. Will try that. Wouldn't think of tomato paste. Cool.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Too many bananas past the point of normal eating.  What do you do?

Of course!
    So easy, so good.

Did the same on Weds it was gone in one day! Love banana bread did you make it with walnuts? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mcgruff10 said:
    NY strips on the grill.   

Nice and rare, looks awesome
    The only way to eat any steak😃 im making Beef tartare for thanksgiving as an appetizer 
  • Too many bananas past the point of normal eating.  What do you do?

Of course!
    So easy, so good.

Did the same on Weds it was gone in one day! Love banana bread did you make it with walnuts? 
    Yessir!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    NY strips on the grill.   

Yum. Looks delicious. 
    Yes it does.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Too many bananas past the point of normal eating.  What do you do?

Of course!
    So easy, so good.

I love banana bread. Do you even put chocolate chips in yours? So good!

• No cc, just walnuts as the added item
  • I started a sauerkraut on Nov 5 and tried it today. So so good, I had to stop myself. It is with cabbage, pineapple, some ginger, black pepper and a jalapeno. Has a very nice mild tanginess, some warm sweetness from the pineapple and a good little punch of heat from the pepper and jalapeno. I eat it cold but it is also nice in potato soup or with pork.

• jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    edited November 2023
    Got to have my birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Twin Cities last night (Meritage in St Paul, French style). Started with braised ox tails in puff pastries and a saffron mussel soup. Moved on to a lobster thermidor, Main course was a brick cooked half chicken with a demi glaze with spinach, roasted garlic and potatoes. The wife had sturgeon with veal sweetbreads. Finished the meal with a slice of chocolate turtle cheesecake for dessert. Absolutely delicious!!!

Comfort food tonight… Chicken noodle soup made in the Instapot with grilled cheese.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
    I started a sauerkraut on Nov 5 and tried it today. So so good, I had to stop myself. It is with cabbage, pineapple, some ginger, black pepper and a jalapeno. Has a very nice mild tanginess, some warm sweetness from the pineapple and a good little punch of heat from the pepper and jalapeno. I eat it cold but it is also nice in potato soup or with pork.

Holy heck. Very creative and awesome as usual!
  • Love it!

Also, that birthday dinner sounds awesome!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I could open a shop selling this. Roast beef with horseradish mayo, caramelized onions and a shishito pepper relish

• Sounds and looks great
    Elaborate on that relish please...
    Just felt like a salad’s and the last of the filet mignon 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    Still without a stove/oven, but managing to whip up some good eats… Few quick and delicious meals from the past few days.
    Pad Kra Pao. A common Thai/southeast Asian dish. Sometimes call “Holy Basil Stir Fry.”

Tonight was a “Tuscan Gnocchi” dish I found on Tik Tok a while ago. Super simple, quick and very tasty.
  • Holy Basil Stir Fry is a great name

• I made some awesome Chicken Parm last night.  Looking forward to leftovers tonight too!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    I made some awesome Chicken Parm last night.  Looking forward to leftovers tonight too!
    Should be a rule where you cannot say what you ate or cooked without posting a picture of it. Come on tempo!!
    www.myspace.com

• I made some awesome Chicken Parm last night.  Looking forward to leftovers tonight too!
    Should be a rule where you cannot say what you ate or cooked without posting a picture of it. Come on tempo!!
    I took one pic and it isn't that great, sorry, lol.
    Not mine^but making me want some
  • Loujoe said:
    Not mine^but making me want some
    I put the sauce first with the basil then the cheese on top.
    My food generally is not photogenic like the chef
  • Loujoe said:
    My food generally is not photogenic like the chef
    Your other half must be stunning then.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Loujoe said:

wow
    www.myspace.com
    Fake news^^^