The Food Thread

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    add cranberry sauce and demolish
  • Damn, lots of delicious stuff here lately!

I started one of my favorite ferments today, it's Daikon radish with rosemary and grapefruit. I love the look of it but it also tastes totally amazing. (1 lb daikon, 2 tsp rosemary, 1 and a half grapefruit filets, 1 tsp salt)

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    Interesting as always. What is the liquid? How long? Assume no refrigeration. Do tell....
  • Awesome looking, I want some
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,779
    Put that on a Bhan Mi
  • Loujoe said:
    Interesting as always. What is the liquid? How long? Assume no refrigeration. Do tell....

The liquid is created by the grapefruit and the daikon reacting to the salt. It sits on the counter for 7-10 days (tasting is fine in between), then goes into the fridge.
    Here is the recipe :D
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    Bacon potato and leek soup with grilled cheese tonight.
  • I got some new dies for my pasta machine and made Trecce tonight. Lovely shape, and it was super easy to extrude. Sauce is with pork, tomatoes and peppers, pasta is semola with water and olive oil.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I got some new dies for my pasta machine and made Trecce tonight. Lovely shape, and it was super easy to extrude. Sauce is with pork, tomatoes and peppers, pasta is semola with water and olive oil.

Beautiful!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Pork roll, egg, and cheese on an egg bagel. Jersey staple. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited December 2023
    Nice. That is also a PA staple.

Thank you for not calling it Taylor Ham. I wish I was eating that right now instead of this cream of wheat. I'd opt for the everything bagel though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Please don't blaspheme CoW!  ;)

We wandered around Phillys Chinatown today
    ...made it to the 4th stop on the go-list before we found a place without a crazy long line.  At 2 pm, for Saturday lunch.  It was sofugginggood.  
    9 yr old wanted Acai after.

• Please don't blaspheme CoW!  ;)

We wandered around Phillys Chinatown today
    ...made it to the 4th stop on the go-list before we found a place without a crazy long line.  At 2 pm, for Saturday lunch.  It was sofugginggood.  
    9 yr old wanted Acai after.

Oooooh! We may need a list for the tour.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pork roll, egg, and cheese on an egg bagel. Jersey staple. 

I think I could be up for one of those tomorrow morning!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    edited December 2023
    Didn’t have my son on Thanksgiving so we made a mini turkey dinner tonight.  

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    mcgruff10 said:

Looking good Mike!
    mcgruff10 said:

Looking good Mike!
    Thermometer was key!  Excellent recommendation my friend!!!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Looking good Mike!
    Thermometer was key!  Excellent recommendation my friend!!!
    A decent thermometer is a must! 

Lots of good looking grub on here as of late. My new induction range is schedule for delivery tomorrow. Can’t wait. Going to go on a pasta and bread bender the next few weeks.
  • Because I didn't get enough on Thanksgiving. And there is only the 2 of us. Hahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    A completely outrageous 24 hours of eating and drinking in NYC coming up later this week.

Lunch thursday…La Grande Boucherie. Never been but looks pretty outrageous

Dinner Thursday…4 Charles 

Then out…

Hangover lunch Friday…Keens

Workouts and eating like a rabbit leading up to it!

• Death by steak.  Damn, you are gonna eat well.  Share some pics when you finish.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Because I didn't get enough on Thanksgiving. And there is only the 2 of us. Hahaha
    Bigger than the one we got for 4 of us 😂 looks perfectly done 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Yes, the appearance is perfect, I never nail it like that.
    In my case you get what the farm gives you. Ordered 10 got 14.5 at 8.99 an lb. Fuckers.
    Get_Right said:
    In my case you get what the farm gives you. Ordered 10 got 14.5 at 8.99 an lb. Fuckers.
    😂😂 damn that’s just wrong but I bet it’s a better turkey then a supermarket turkey so I’m sure it was tasty 🤤 
    Get_Right said:
    😂😂 damn that’s just wrong but I bet it’s a better turkey then a supermarket turkey so I’m sure it was tasty 🤤 

Yep but you are right the quality is insane compared to shoprite or even Whole Foods.
    My wife made beef barley soup! Totally nailed it it’s so good specially for days like today when it’s a bit cold out 🤤
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Too many bananas past the point of normal eating.  What do you do?

Of course!
    So easy, so good.

Yum!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    I started a sauerkraut on Nov 5 and tried it today. So so good, I had to stop myself. It is with cabbage, pineapple, some ginger, black pepper and a jalapeno. Has a very nice mild tanginess, some warm sweetness from the pineapple and a good little punch of heat from the pepper and jalapeno. I eat it cold but it is also nice in potato soup or with pork.

Sounds awesome! Is making sauerkraut a long process? Is most of the time waiting time?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    edited December 2023
    I finished soup 5 of my 300-soup project. #1 was the first time I used a broiler, it was a poblano white bean soup. I don't use oil, and maybe that is what caused the smoke when I broiled the peppers. Fire alarm went off. Oops. Maybe a little oil next time if that will stop the smoke.

Yesterday I cooked a black bean-vegetable soup. I added a little ginger and a little espresso-salt mixture I found at a holiday market. It needed a little heat, but solidly good. For the broth I used the aquafaba from when I cooked the beans in an instant pot. Onward to soup-cooking excellence!.