The Food Thread

You heard it. In the words of the legendary Joe House, this is a thread for the hungry people by the hungry people.

What are you cooking? What are you eating? 

Could be fine dining, could be fast food. Bring it.

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Me? Have the 10/21/2013 Philly show blasting with a pork tenderloin in the sous vide bath, beets just starting to roast in the oven. About to get started on a balsamic reduction for the pork and a farro, tomato and herb salad.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    You had me at sous vide, Cliffy.

OK, you actually had me at hungry people, whether for or by.

My high ass wishes I could utilize Ubereats to deliver some tasty late-night munchies.  But, my tummy would regret it and I've heard that the service itself blows.

Food and music make for a great pairing though.  Hope your meal was fantastico!

Looking forward to the goodies this thread may bring.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Damn, you made me hungry too. :(
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Had a lobster bake pizza and a grilled grouper entree last night for dinner. So tasty for such an ugly looking fish :lol:!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Had a lobster bake pizza and a grilled grouper entree last night for dinner. So tasty for such an ugly looking fish :lol:!
    You're not helping (with my hunger). 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited July 2017
    Me? Have the 10/21/2013 Philly show blasting with a pork tenderloin in the sous vide bath, beets just starting to roast in the oven. About to get started on a balsamic reduction for the pork and a farro, tomato and herb salad.
    Damn.  That's a meal right there!
    Why is it that beets pair so much better with pork than anything else??
    I love beets and I feel like 90% of people would too if they ever had good fresh beets (I've never had any from a grocery store that were actually good)  roasted and served warm and tasty.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited July 2017
    I'm eating a Taco Bell quesarito right now.
    Don't hate.

I eat my own homegrown fresh picked vine ripened veggies and still warm eggs literally every day this time of year, I love good whole food with a passion.
    All that being said, the quesarito (and most of TBell's menu) is delicious in it's own way and I won't accept any arguments otherwise.  It just tastes good.
    gambo, I am a sucker for Taco Bell's bean burritos (with onions and cheese, and lots of their hottest sauce).  But, as mentioned above, my body typically rebels afterward.  
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    You're not helping (with my hunger). 
    Did you get some food hopefully lol??
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Taco Bell is one of my guilty pleasures.

I made the worst breakfast I've probably ever cooked this morning. Burnt the bacon and sausage, broke both egg yolks in the pan, burnt the toast, and the coffee beans were bad. Just wasn't my morning, apparently. 
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    This time of year I like to fix salads for supper and I regularly copy ones that I've had in restaurants.  Tonight I'm fixing mixed greens with honey balsamic vinaigrette, strawberries, mango, and grilled chicken breast on top.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    hedonist said:
    You had me at sous vide, Cliffy.

OK, you actually had me at hungry people, whether for or by.

My high ass wishes I could utilize Ubereats to deliver some tasty late-night munchies.  But, my tummy would regret it and I've heard that the service itself blows.

Food and music make for a great pairing though.  Hope your meal was fantastico!

Looking forward to the goodies this thread may bring.
    When I first got the sous vide I thought I was kinda cheating at cooking but it is just so god damn good.
    rgambs said:
    Damn.  That's a meal right there!
    Why is it that beets pair so much better with pork than anything else??
    I love beets and I feel like 90% of people would too if they ever had good fresh beets (I've never had any from a grocery store that were actually good)  roasted and served warm and tasty.
    Turned out very well. Was a great meal. 

Fresh beets are so good. I didn't like beets at all growing up but love them now. Such a great compliment for pork.  Also roast them and let them cool and serve them in a salad with arugula, goat cheese, sea salt and some good olive oil. Hmmmmm.
    Taco Bell is one of my guilty pleasures.

I made the worst breakfast I've probably ever cooked this morning. Burnt the bacon and sausage, broke both egg yolks in the pan, burnt the toast, and the coffee beans were bad. Just wasn't my morning, apparently. 
    Ugh failures happen but it's always so disappointing 
    This time of year I like to fix salads for supper and I regularly copy ones that I've had in restaurants.  Tonight I'm fixing mixed greens with honey balsamic vinaigrette, strawberries, mango, and grilled chicken breast on top.
    Sounds awesome 
    Oh my goodness. The wife just hooked it up. After a round of golf I came home to a toasted rye bread tomato sandwich with tomatoes (and bread) picked up at a farm in jersey yesterday, mayo, some salt and cracked pepper.  Fucking amazing 
    A tomato sandwich with mayo (or miracle whip) and salt and pepper is a singular pleasure.
    It's astounding how many Americans don't actually know what a real tomato tastes like.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    Jersey tomatoes on the counter right now.  Roast beef hoagie.
    Wife is having some gnocchi.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    it's sunday....sauce was on at 11 am!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    Using good salt is a bug kicker too.  Each slice got a different salt.  Yum!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hmmmm gravy. I have accepted the word gravy after 11 years in philly. 

Meatballs? Sausage? What you got in it?

Using good salt is a bug kicker too.  Each slice got a different salt.  Yum!
    Yum, indeed. What kind of salt you working with?
    rgambs said:
    A tomato sandwich with mayo (or miracle whip) and salt and pepper is a singular pleasure.
    It's astounding how many Americans don't actually know what a real tomato tastes like.
    Read an article a while back about the tomato business in the US. Fucking sickening. But yes, agreed. What you get in the store is not a real tomato.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hmmmm gravy. I have accepted the word gravy after 11 years in philly. 

Meatballs? Sausage? What you got in it?
    oh yeah. meatballs and sauce made with san marazano tomatoes on top of fusilli and some ricotta.  I absolutely love this weekly tradition.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Salt....use a variety of salt from all over.  Had Viking oak smoked mountain salt from Denmark, Himalayan crystal pink, sea salt from El Salvador, Cypress black flake, and my standard Hawaiian red.
    I want to cook with you, cowboy(s).

Stripes reference, Stripes reference! =)

Ohhhhh shit. Did it right tonight.

Started out with some Brie and honey. Dinner was meatballs with a herbed pasta along with caprese salad and fried long hots. A bottle of nice Pinot noir too, of course.

Started out with some Brie and honey. Dinner was meatballs with a herbed pasta along with caprese salad and fried long hots. A bottle of nice Pinot noir too, of course.
    You're killing me! That sounds sooo good! But what are fried long hots?
    edited August 2017

You're killing me! That sounds sooo good! But what are fried long hots?
    Think it's a Philly thing. These guys. So good. Have some good heat too

• Wow...way to keep your intestinal fortitude on track!