Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375
    Loujoe said:
    Great idea! You cover with any oils or just jarr it up?
    I seared them in olive oil salt & pepper and some red pepper flakes and just put into jar to fridge I can use as I need 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
    Smart thx
  • Options
    I put together this ceviche consisting of Shrimp scallops and sliced talapia in the juice of 7 lemons & 3 limes lots of black pepper! Covered with plastic wrap into fridge last night been cooking for well over 12 hours, a few hours before serving I’ll add diced onion and cilantro and hot sauce serve it with French or Italian bread and a good Chardonnay or Prosecco works too..
  • Options
    sa sa sa sexy
  • Options
    Is it just hot sauce to taste/ any special type?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Is it just hot sauce to taste/ any special type?
    I have the small bottle of Tabasco sauce and yes to taste! I’ll post picture once I take it out of fridge today we’re having it this afternoon so it’s still has hours of cooking in the citrus juice! 
  • Options
    Inspired. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Hell yeah! Might have to do that next weekend 
  • Options
    Ceviche is done I let it cook for another night i underestimated marinade time to the amount of seafood but as you can see everything is cooked through! I left the shrimp tail shells to add flavor, it’s supposed to get above 70 degrees today will make for a perfect day to sit in sun and enjoy cold ceviche, cold fruits and cold beer! 
  • Options
    👍 
  • Options
    Topped the ceviche with diced tomatoes cucumber and avocado in oil salt & pepper and cilantro 
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I put together this ceviche consisting of Shrimp scallops and sliced talapia in the juice of 7 lemons & 3 limes lots of black pepper! Covered with plastic wrap into fridge last night been cooking for well over 12 hours, a few hours before serving I’ll add diced onion and cilantro and hot sauce serve it with French or Italian bread and a good Chardonnay or Prosecco works too..
    That's the entire process, isn't it? The "heat" is the acid. I'm still looking at low-fat options, and this would do it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    That's the entire process, isn't it? The "heat" is the acid. I'm still looking at low-fat options, and this would do it.
    The one thing I’d do different next time is steam the shrimp and add right before serving and use the same amount of limes and lemons 
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,459
    Ceviche is done I let it cook for another night i underestimated marinade time to the amount of seafood but as you can see everything is cooked through! I left the shrimp tail shells to add flavor, it’s supposed to get above 70 degrees today will make for a perfect day to sit in sun and enjoy cold ceviche, cold fruits and cold beer! 
    Unfortunately, allergic to shrimp, but I do this with Salmon a lot. Damn I can taste the this picture. Looks great!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,097

Made a pork chop in the air fryer. I made a dry rub with brown sugar and different spices. Also made cauliflower fried rice - which is not as good as regular rice. But I had a bagel earlier today - so that was enough carbs for the day for me. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    Was in Chicago and hammered an expense account sushi meal at a good spot.
    This was round 1.
    Lots of sake as well.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Unfortunately, allergic to shrimp, but I do this with Salmon a lot. Damn I can taste the this picture. Looks great!
    GlowGirl said:

Made a pork chop in the air fryer. I made a dry rub with brown sugar and different spices. Also made cauliflower fried rice - which is not as good as regular rice. But I had a bagel earlier today - so that was enough carbs for the day for me. 
    This was round 1.
    Lots of sake as well.

I’d sub the for the shrimp with octopus or clams if I’m adding shrimp I’d steam it and add before serving! GlowGirl that looks delicious do you add any sauce to eat the chops? I love apple sauce with pork chops! 
    F Me drooling here dude it looks like the sake is working nicely with the angle of picture 😃😋 enjoy 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

This was round 1.
    Lots of sake as well.

I’d sub the for the shrimp with octopus or clams if I’m adding shrimp I’d steam it and add before serving! GlowGirl that looks delicious do you add any sauce to eat the chops? I love apple sauce with pork chops! 
    F Me drooling here dude it looks like the sake is working nicely with the angle of picture 😃😋 enjoy 
    Thanks. I usually add a little bbq sauce to my pork chop. But this dry rub was so flavorful that I didn’t need it. I will definitely be making this rub again. It would be good on chicken as well. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    This was round 1.
    Lots of sake as well.

Ohhhhh boy.
  • Options
    Yum^^
    Been harvesting lots of arugula. Never thought to cook it. Tossed a bunch with sweet potatoes, a little butter, hot pan.  Great combo.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    This was round 1.
    Lots of sake as well.

Ohhhhh boy.
    It was fucking sick.
    Hefty bill, though probably less than nobu for you. 

• Options
    greens from my garden + Some dandelion added some diced up sweet potatoes. onions. Added quinoa. Also grilled up mad chicken (photo pre chix) Tossed some in there. Feckin great.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    greens from my garden + Some dandelion added some diced up sweet potatoes. onions. Added quinoa. Also grilled up mad chicken (photo pre chix) Tossed some in there. Feckin great.
    Awesome love fresh garden greens 
  • Options
    Dr told me to watch my sweets and carbs. I kinda knew I was addicted to a quick few slices of pizza, sandwich, rice, candy, bagels. Now trying to cook for the week. 
    Really hard to shake the habitual food for happiness thing.
    Not denying myself sometimes, but let's say weening myself off.
    Great time of year with garden jamming along.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Dr told me to watch my sweets and carbs. I kinda knew I was addicted to a quick few slices of pizza, sandwich, rice, candy, bagels. Now trying to cook for the week. 
    Yeah i totally understand I need to lay off bread that’s my weakness I can eat bread anytime of day or night 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    That happened to me. My A1C got up to 6.1 last year (prediabetic). I love carbs. But managed to cut them down quite a bit without really missing them. I stopped eating junky candy and will have a small square of dark chocolate to help with sweet cravings. I really had to give up bagels. I was eating them a lot. I also eat more sandwiches on whole wheat wraps instead of bagels or bread. The main issue was that I was thin to begin with, and I started losing too much weight - so it is a fine balance.

But it worked - just had a blood test and my A1C is now 5.5 - fully normal with no medication. So, just try your best with it.

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and tips.  :)
  • Options
    Looks great!
  • Options
    Doing the grilling thing but first thing first 
    Mezcal, spicy style

• Options
    Doing the grilling thing but first thing first 
    Mezcal, spicy style

That looks great, B. Enjoy!!