josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    Wife made this lamb stew Turkish recipe we had left over lamb meat 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,828
    I spy chickpeas and kalamata olives. Yum
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Well done harmano. You have stepped up your game recently.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I spy chickpeas and kalamata olives. Yum
    Get_Right said:
    Well done harmano. You have stepped up your game recently.
    Chick peas no olives it calls for dried dates but we had to sub with dried cranberries also call for carrots! Since im semi retired the Kitchen has become my playground with a couple of good cook books the fun is endless! 
  • Options
    Chicken parmigiana and cheese cake all done by my wife great cook I can cook but not like her 
  • Options
    Wanted to try rainbow trout so bought one local shop rite! It was farm raised I never buy farm raised seafood but this time I did, very simple recipe baked it at 400 for 30 minutes. Got to admit farm raised was very tasty but I’m sure wild caught must be unreal! 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited April 22
    Wanted to try rainbow trout so bought one local shop rite! It was farm raised I never buy farm raised seafood but this time I did, very simple recipe baked it at 400 for 30 minutes. Got to admit farm raised was very tasty but I’m sure wild caught must be unreal! 
    Looks great! Rainbow trout is so delicate and delicious.

I'm with you on the farm raised vs wild issue. However, when it comes to fresh water fish in the states- the level of toxins in American fresh water fish are so astronomically high, you're probably better off with farm raised. 
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Looks great! Rainbow trout is so delicate and delicious.

I'm with you on the farm raised vs wild issue. However, when it comes to fresh water fish in the states- the level of toxins in American fresh water fish are so astronomically high, you're probably better off with farm raised. 
    My wife reminded me that years ago we had a friend who lives out in Colorado and he sent us fresh caught rainbows freeze dried and they were out of this world tasty! 
  • Options
    pork again. Added fresh coconut milk, yucca, onions, grilling a couple poblano peppers too. Added an old dried ghost pepper I had in my garage. Still hot. Should kick it up perfectly.
    This time followed josevolutions lead. Seasoned the heck out of it, bagged it with a fresh lime squashed up. I think it will be great!
  • Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Peppas!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Damn juicy looks tasty 😋 let us know how it turned out.i did stuffed artichoke again this time I put an Italian spin on it topped them with fresh tomato sauce and grated cheese! By the best I’ve made they were so delicious. 
  • Options
    Pork is pretty good. I had to stop midway and resume about 2 hours later. Got a little rubbery. Ended up slicing it and pureed the peppers and juices up. Sure it will make a pile of delicious sandwiches. 
    thinking about cooking rice in that sauce. 
    Could be a delicious disaster...
  • Options
    I know u did a dry brine. Mine was bagged. May try that next time to crisp it up a bit. All fun. Love to experiment.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I know u did a dry brine. Mine was bagged. May try that next time to crisp it up a bit. All fun. Love to experiment.
    The last pork shoulder I brined was overnight in pot of water to cover it with salt pepper and bay leaf 
  • Options
    Ahh ok. After brine. Take out and cook? Rinsing involved/drying?
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Everything looks yum, yum, yum!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Got to do up some artichokes. Looks phenom! (Are the kids still saying that?)
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Ahh ok. After brine. Take out and cook? Rinsing involved/drying?
    Yes both 
  • Options
     B)