Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Food was good but those drinks.....wow.  so good.  
    Not for those who do not like spice, though 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Shrimp & beef kebabs bought a pound of tiger shrimp! White wine with diced pineapple punch to go with it I add controue to it to kick it up a notch 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,192
    Yo! What kind of beef? Just grilled up some shrimp. Added 'everything but the bagel' seasoning + a little oil/ lime. Made a kicking batch of cocktail sauce. Old ketchup packets and extra hot horseradish. Boom!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Kebabs!
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Yo! What kind of beef? Just grilled up some shrimp. Added 'everything but the bagel' seasoning + a little oil/ lime. Made a kicking batch of cocktail sauce. Old ketchup packets and extra hot horseradish. Boom!!
    Hell yeah that’s the way! Sirloin tips it’s nice and tender and the shrimp are the best I’ve had for kebabs we also had yellow rice and beans with a nice pebre sauce! 
  • Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 243
    Doing the grilling thing but first thing first 
    Mezcal, spicy style

That looks so delicious! Spicy marg with mezcal is my go to. I also like mezcal in my Bloody Mary’s - the Bloody Maria. Yumm.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Hell yeah that’s the way! Sirloin tips it’s nice and tender and the shrimp are the best I’ve had for kebabs we also had yellow rice and beans with a nice pebre sauce! 
     B)

• Options
    soph189 said:
    Doing the grilling thing but first thing first 
    Mezcal, spicy style

That looks so delicious! Spicy marg with mezcal is my go to. I also like mezcal in my Bloody Mary’s - the Bloody Maria. Yumm.
    Making the jalapeño lime juice is the key, to me.  That shit is great.  Anything using lime can get this.  
    Can do same with any juice I guess....I just use limes.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,846
    Was in London over the weekend and tried out this small Chinese place called Dim Sum Duck.
    They don't take reservations and place was packed when we got there at 6:30. Waited about twenty minutes for a table. They seated us with two random girls who were in line before us. Photo doesn't do it justice.

• Options
    eddiec said:
    Was in London over the weekend and tried out this small Chinese place called Dim Sum Duck.
    They don't take reservations and place was packed when we got there at 6:30. Waited about twenty minutes for a table. They seated us with two random girls who were in line before us. Photo doesn't do it justice.

Love all the items in picture looks like a good combo! 
  • Options
    A Chilean staple for summer Corn Pie, filling consists of ground beef, chicken drumsticks or thighs work best, pitted black olives, raisins, hard boiled eggs sliced throughout the filling and off course salt& pepper fresh basil! The topping is the corn kernels off the cobs into blender to make it..Red Vino a must 
  • Options
    eddiec said:

F yeah!

A Chilean staple for summer Corn Pie, filling consists of ground beef, chicken drumsticks or thighs work best, pitted black olives, raisins, hard boiled eggs sliced throughout the filling and off course salt& pepper fresh basil! The topping is the corn kernels off the cobs into blender to make it..Red Vino a must 
    Think you've shared this before.  Looks awesome.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

F yeah!

Think you've shared this before.  Looks awesome.
    Yes lol I wasn’t sure if I did before 
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,485
    edited May 30
    Cooking some leftover meats that didnt make it on the grill from Memorial Day.

Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    Drool
  • Options
    edited May 30
    Loujoe said:
    Drool
    With these I was drooling while searing. Ha

• Options
    Oh brother
    Used to be a fish monger at mom & pop shop. We'd get those 'dry sea scallops' (no persevatives) which would carmelize up just like those.
    I would make a simple mango puree sauce for them. Forget how. 
    But wow!
    Looks so perfect.
  • Options
    Cooking some leftover meats that didnt make it on the grill from Memorial Day.

Loujoe said:
    Drool
    With these I was drooling while searing. Ha

Oh love the looks of both of the pictures! Enjoy 😊 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Oh brother
    Used to be a fish monger at mom & pop shop. We'd get those 'dry sea scallops' (no persevatives) which would carmelize up just like those.
    I would make a simple mango puree sauce for them. Forget how. 
    But wow!
    Looks so perfect.
    I need to get them dry; never have. I've always gotten them wet. Is there a price difference. Will have to look into that mango puree. I used yum yum sauce which is usually what they put on it when I get them on a sushi. Mango just sounds great.  
  • Options
    'Dry' just means they haven't been sitting in a bucket on a boat soaking up whatever funky liquid and preservatives that the ol captin dumps in there. So when you buy a 'dry' scalliop, they will still look wet.  Some call them 'day boat' scallops. Looking at them raw it would be hard to tell the diff. There were slightly orange ones too. Rare to get b/c they are the best and culled by the crew.

My short story....long...

They were a lot more expensive per lb. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    'Dry' just means they haven't been sitting in a bucket on a boat soaking up whatever funky liquid and preservatives that the ol captin dumps in there. So when you buy a 'dry' scalliop, they will still look wet.  Some call them 'day boat' scallops. Looking at them raw it would be hard to tell the diff. There were slightly orange ones too. Rare to get b/c they are the best and culled by the crew.

Yep more expensive but worth it always look for dry ones! 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

No I know what dry means. Haha I've always just gotten scallops at Costco and restaurants, sometimes frozen too. Will definitely try to get those. Although I have seen the orange ones a very long time ago and didn't know any better at the time so I said hell no. Haha
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    My go to bowl… sweet potato, avocado, tofu, cashew, brown rice, mushrooms, plantain, egg

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    My go to bowl… sweet potato, avocado, tofu, cashew, brown rice, mushrooms, plantain, egg

Uhmm yes perfect combo’s love everything on that plate 
  • Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 243
    CROJAM95 said:

Yum, great selection. I could probably eat that nearly every day
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    ^ this place near me does healthy Mexican style food… ingredients are always super fresh. I could eat it also every day, feel great after… lots of good in it

i have great options near me… costs some extra $$, but worth it
  • Options
    edited June 2

Still pulling Memorial Day meats out of the freezer. Ha
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    That salmon….!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Couple pics from my Memorial Day seafood feasts 

• Options
    Mud bugs & yellowtail?
    Looks awesome