Groomers aka sexual predators

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Asking a poster a relevant question regarding posts they’ve made is now a personal attack? Wow.
    "Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments."

kat Can you clarify? At what point is this personal since I'm the one being singled out here? 
    good lord. you can tag people for a reason. I've been tagged and I've tagged multiple people here for their specific stance on a given subject. never once have I seen anyone cry foul over it. 
    Yet the admins went through and deleted all of the tags.... hmmm.... I was tagged 1 week after my last comment on this thread and was asked my personal opinion on a subject I wasn't talking about.

Nothing to see here....
    because you whined. the mods do that for snowflakes. in all my years here, I've never seen someone cry about being tagged when someone asked a question, no matter how old the comment or even if there was a gross misrepresentation of their position. 
    The reason why that rule is in place is for exactly this situation. It's one thing to have an ongoing conversation but to call me out a week later was only to try and catch me in a "gotcha" moment. The question was not relevant to what I was talking about. Why didn't they ask anyone else the same exact question? Because they were trying to make it personal. 

The rules are the rules so sorry if I "whined" and want the rules to apply to everyone, which they clearly do not. Once again, you are discussing the person, not the topic.
    dear god give it a rest
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390

Thoughts & prayers. 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    We deleted the tags to avoid the many repeat emails from quotes but we are monitoring.

The post in question was directed to JB128716 not JB16057. Not sure what's going on with that.

Again, stick to the topic, please. Let it go, move on, etc. if it's a difficult topic, we can close it to simplify things and preserve everyone's posting privileges.

Have a great Thursday, everyone. Life is short.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The term "groomers" is yet another dogwhistle brought to you by the writers at murdoch inc.
    The goal is simple more clicks, more views, and more irate members of the base.

In other words more stupidity believed and spread by the stupid.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Dog-groomer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited May 2023
    I really didn’t know that tagging someone was going to hurt feelings.  I thought we were all pretty tricked skin here.  I shan’t do it again.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mrussel1 said:
    I really didn’t know that tagging someone was going to hurt feelings.  I thought we were all pretty tricked skin here.  I shan’t do it again.
    this offends me.
    shan't.  so archaic.  get with the times old man!!!!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    this offends me.
    shan't.  so archaic.  get with the times old man!!!!

Thou has now offendeth my sensibilities.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    How does one trick out their skin? Tats, I suppose.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    The term "groomers" is yet another dogwhistle brought to you by the writers at murdoch inc.

They've been doing it for years. Decades, really, when you think about the satanic panic of the 1980s.

It always evolves as a way to stay fresh.  "Groomers" is a nice buzzword to grab attention. That they accuse non-groomers of being groomers and ignore actual groomers doesn't impact the effectiveness of their messages.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thick 
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thick 
    I knew. Just having fun with a typo.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Asking a poster a relevant question regarding posts they’ve made is now a personal attack? Wow.

kat Can you clarify? At what point is this personal since I'm the one being singled out here? 
    good lord. you can tag people for a reason. I've been tagged and I've tagged multiple people here for their specific stance on a given subject. never once have I seen anyone cry foul over it. 
    Yet the admins went through and deleted all of the tags.... hmmm.... I was tagged 1 week after my last comment on this thread and was asked my personal opinion on a subject I wasn't talking about.

Nothing to see here....
    because you whined. the mods do that. in all my years here, I've never seen someone cry about being tagged when someone asked a question, no matter how old the comment or even if there was a gross misrepresentation of their position. 
    The reason why that rule is in place is for exactly this situation. It's one thing to have an ongoing conversation but to call me out a week later was only to try and catch me in a "gotcha" moment. The question was not relevant to what I was talking about. Why didn't they ask anyone else the same exact question? Because they were trying to make it personal. 

The rules are the rules so sorry if I "whined" and want the rules to apply to everyone, which they clearly do not. Once again, you are discussing the person, not the topic.
    no, it's not. it's because your post tagging the mods was badgering the mods' email inbox. lol.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    OnWis97 said:

They've been doing it for years. Decades, really, when you think about the satanic panic of the 1980s.

It always evolves as a way to stay fresh.  "Groomers" is a nice buzzword to grab attention. That they accuse non-groomers of being groomers and ignore actual groomers doesn't impact the effectiveness of their messages.
    They don't care about actual groomers or the kids they assault. Just views on a screen, clicks on a mouse, and donations to their orange savior.
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Nothing to see here....
    because you whined. the mods do that. in all my years here, I've never seen someone cry about being tagged when someone asked a question, no matter how old the comment or even if there was a gross misrepresentation of their position. 

no, it's not. it's because your post tagging the mods was badgering the mods' email inbox. lol.  
    And you're continuing to talk about it yet I'm the one getting told to give it a rest... I asked the mods a question and they answered. You should read their reply. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    There have been a lot of dumb arguments on AMT.... this is making the top of the list.
    hippiemom = goodness
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    mickeyrat said:
    They're only worried about the LGBTQ groomers, I don't know why. 

Just kidding, we all know why. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    conservatives gonna groom. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:

My skin is really tricked out right now after a heavy duty session with the liquid nitrogen at the dermatologist.  Burn baby, burn!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    All of the above are enough to lead me to question my stance against capitol punishment.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    brianlux said:
    All of the above are enough to lead me to question my stance against capitol punishment.
    The solution is castration.  Death is far too good for these scum of the earth. 

This discussion has been closed.