Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Get some!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Running a bit up my new shoulder season hike.

Be well, Fme!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice view and thanks 
  • GlowGirl said:
    Had my first run in two weeks today. I knew after mile 1 it was going to be hard. I ended up taking a very short walk after 3 miles, and then cranked out the last 2 miles. I think two more runs should get me back up to speed.
    Sounds like a solid start! You definitely need to get back to it, I often rely on your consistency to inspire my own!! 😂👏

7.30am here and I'm just getting ready for my penultimate long run before my half marathon in a few weeks. 14 miles today. Given my goal time I am taking long runs beyond race distance this time. The Yasso's and tempo's and all the speed stuff has gone great. I know I have sub 7 pace for sure... Im just not sure I can hold it for 90 mins
    Wow, that would be super if you could hit that.  For me that would be essentially sprinting for the half marathon.  I would be amazed if I could be in the 7s, but I'm targeting 8s.  
    Hope your 14 miles goes well today.  Nice and easy today, or are you trying to go at high speed?

• Wow, that would be super if you could hit that.  For me that would be essentially sprinting for the half marathon.  I would be amazed if I could be in the 7s, but I'm targeting 8s.  
    Hope your 14 miles goes well today.  Nice and easy today, or are you trying to go at high speed?

Just got in, avg 8min pace. Which is about where I should be for the training runs. Felt really strong. I've had a really good training block for this... If I don't hit sub 90mins then I'll accept that it's just beyond me 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Wow. You guys are so fast. Very inspiring. If I get near 10 minutes a mile I am very happy. But not much competitive running for me. You guys are running machines. Good luck with all the events coming up. I like hearing about all the training and progress. 
  • beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Had my first run in two weeks today. I knew after mile 1 it was going to be hard. I ended up taking a very short walk after 3 miles, and then cranked out the last 2 miles. I think two more runs should get me back up to speed.
    Sounds like a solid start! You definitely need to get back to it, I often rely on your consistency to inspire my own!! 😂👏

7.30am here and I'm just getting ready for my penultimate long run before my half marathon in a few weeks. 14 miles today. Given my goal time I am taking long runs beyond race distance this time. The Yasso's and tempo's and all the speed stuff has gone great. I know I have sub 7 pace for sure... Im just not sure I can hold it for 90 mins
    Hope it all goes well! My half is coming up in early Nov. Last year I think I would have broken 1:30 if I hadn't gotten hurt and had to scrap my half, I had run a 1:36 on a tempo run.

This year I feel like 1:36 may be my goal, not nearly as on good of shape this year as last year. 
    That is fast!  I want to be sub 2.  I know I can, not sure I will.  :lol:   
    (820 is a good target, I think, so beating 1h50min would be where I'd really be aiming if training goes as planned.)
  • beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Hope it all goes well! My half is coming up in early Nov. Last year I think I would have broken 1:30 if I hadn't gotten hurt and had to scrap my half, I had run a 1:36 on a tempo run.

This year I feel like 1:36 may be my goal, not nearly as on good of shape this year as last year. 
    The 90min thing has really bugged me! 😂 I have come close a few times, but I'm 43 this year and not getting any faster, last couple years I got into ultras so that's where my passion for running is now but, I'm giving this sub 90min half one more go 🥵
  • That is fast!  I want to be sub 2.  I know I can, not sure I will.  :lol:   
    That's the thing with this running stupidity... We all know we can.... But its hard and it fucking hurts 😂😂
    beano.79 said:
    That's the thing with this running stupidity... We all know we can.... But its hard and it fucking hurts 😂😂
    For sure!
    48 years old and doing this shit I should have been doing ar 28!
    Went for a run today and I am back to where I was before my two week Pearl
    Jam break. So I wasn’t  set back too much. It does feel a bit harder mentally than physically to get motivated though. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    Jam break. So I wasn’t  set back too much. It does feel a bit harder mentally than physically to get motivated though. 
    I get that. Mornings have been colder here this week, as low as 34F. I have a hard time motivating myself to get out and run until it warms up a bit. 
  • beano.79 said:
    For sure!
    48 years old and doing this shit I should have been doing ar 28!
    I know, right! I got into distance running at 42 and been at it for 2.5 years now and I'm addicted. 
    GlowGirl said:
    I get that. Mornings have been colder here this week, as low as 34F. I have a hard time motivating myself to get out and run until it warms up a bit. 
    It’s often either too hot or too cold for me. There is such a short window when there is just perfect running weather. 
    Race tomorrow am in remnants of the hurricane rain.  Is it wrong that I hope it is a torrential downpour? 
    Fuck it, if it is going to rain, it might as well go large.  Get a pr in the pouring rain!
    Race tomorrow am in remnants of the hurricane rain.  Is it wrong that I hope it is a torrential downpour? 
    Fuck it, if it is going to rain, it might as well go large.  Get a pr in the pouring rain!
    Sometimes running in the rain could be fun unless you step in a puddle and your socks get soaked. I hope it’s not too slippery though. Good luck. Have a great race. Let us know how it went. 
  • I’m still just running ~ 3km. Haha. But, it’s so dark now at night so when I get the crossroad and can choose the 3 or the 6km route I always stuck with the 3km one. Haha. Will try to get less lazy. 

Ran three times this week atleast. Will try to hit 3 times a week as long as the weather permits this fall. Even if the rounds are short. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Did the race happen this morning? Details?
    Crash and burn, Mav!
    It was OK, I was 40 seconds off my PR.  Had a good time but the last mile was uphill and I was sucking wind before I made it to that mile.  Either just a tough day or perhaps the covid fallout was a thing.  
    Think I may go for a long, easy, run tomorrow 
      If not, back at it Monday AM!
    Crash and burn, Mav!
    It was OK, I was 40 seconds off my PR.  Had a good time but the last mile was uphill and I was sucking wind before I made it to that mile.  Either just a tough day or perhaps the covid fallout was a thing.  
    Think I may go for a long, easy, run tomorrow 
      If not, back at it Monday AM!
    At least you did it. I am glad you had a good time. Yeah. Covid can take it out if you. So that may have played a role as well. Onward to next time!!
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    Getting busy on here! Great to see everyone running well with all the positive feedback.

Last long run for this half marathon training done this morning. 15 miles at 8:08 pace. Done all I can. I have the required pace on shorter runs... I definitely have the miles on slower runs, just need to combine those I. The day!
    Awesome work!  When is the half, next weekend?
    Absolutely pouring this morning,  so I decided to go 8 miles.  It was fun, aside from the rub where the clothing was.  Nips, thighs, butt, lol.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    Absolutely pouring this morning,  so I decided to go 8 miles.  It was fun, aside from the rub where the clothing was.  Nips, thighs, butt, lol.
    2 weeks time, I'll do bit of a taper from now.

Ouch with chaffing nips! I'm lucky they don't rub which is surprising given my absolute saucer nipples 😂 my inner thighs do chaff though
    edited October 2022
    beano.79 said:
    2 weeks time, I'll do bit of a taper from now.

Ouch with chaffing nips! I'm lucky they don't rub which is surprising given my absolute saucer nipples 😂 my inner thighs do chaff though
    I have the shit to put on my body but forgot to put on this morning.  Forgetting every once in a while on wet days or very long runs will ensure I remember for the next bunch of those runs!

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Great job!! I’m glad you are back into it. Keep it up. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024