Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,043
    Sorry I've been away awhile. Hope everyone is well

I was diagnosed with a hip labral tear this week. I am scheduled for labral repair surgery on July 15th. Hopefully I can get back to running after my recovery. 
    Oh man.  How long to recover?

We are in heat wave, the running is grueling. 
    Headed to Georgia this week, so it continues.
    The week after is Florida, more heat and humidity.
    Weeeehah!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644

I was diagnosed with a hip labral tear this week. I am scheduled for labral repair surgery on July 15th. Hopefully I can get back to running after my recovery. 
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and can get back to running soon. I am heading to London tomorrow, then Berlin - will likely use the treadmills in my hotels if I can get motivated.

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414

Oh man.  How long to recover?

We are in heat wave, the running is grueling. 
    Headed to Georgia this week, so it continues.
    The week after is Florida, more heat and humidity.
    Weeeehah!
    Recovery is 4-6 months. Most importantly is crutches for up to 4 weeks. I'll be off od those before the Indy concert 
    GlowGirl said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and can get back to running soon. I am heading to London tomorrow, then Berlin - will likely use the treadmills in my hotels if I can get motivated.

Have fun! Indy is next for me!
    GlowGirl said:

Awesome. I am going to Indy as well. I don’t have GA yet (but I am looking). I do have a nice section A reserved. Looking forward to seeing you. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Will bring my running stuff to Barcelona. Planned to run between the two concert dates. But I reckon it will be awfully hot there. First time I will have to bring water along
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Awesome. I am going to Indy as well. I don’t have GA yet (but I am looking). I do have a nice section A reserved. Looking forward to seeing you. 
    Same here. I am hoping to find GA, but have good sec A seats. See you there!
    Received an injection in my hip joint today, it's helped relieve some of the discomfort. That's a good sign that the labral repair will help. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 735
    Well that's bullshit.... I'll have to go on a really long run to drown my sorrows 😭

What is it they say around these parts? Gutted
    beano.79 said:
    Well that's bullshit.... I'll have to go on a really long run to drown my sorrows 😭

I am so bummed about this. I was really looking forward to meeting you. Are you going to Berlin by any chance?
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

I am so bummed about this. I was really looking forward to meeting you. Are you going to Berlin by any chance?
    Nope, I tend to not travel too far for concerts, with one exception I went to Berlin for the avocado tour.
    Sorry for you both.  I'm not traveling too far for them any longer after Indy last year.  They are too old to be relied on.  :lol:  

Ran in the south these past two weeks and it was hot as fuck.  Back in NJ for a few days and off again tomorrow to Florida for a week on Anna Maria Island with my family.  Ran this morning but looking forward to some long beach runs.

Sorry for you both.  I'm not traveling too far for them any longer after Indy last year.  They are too old to be relied on.  :lol:  

Ran in the south these past two weeks and it was hot as fuck.  Back in NJ for a few days and off again tomorrow to Florida for a week on Anna Maria Island with my family.  Ran this morning but looking forward to some long beach runs.

Beach runs 😬👏👏

I'm in full training for my return to the Robinhood 100 in September, hoping to break 24 hours this time 🤞
    beano.79 said:

Beach runs 😬👏👏

I'm in full training for my return to the Robinhood 100 in September, hoping to break 24 hours this time 🤞
    Wow, that is amazing.
    I need to look at when I have to start the half/full b2b days program.  That would be called a normal training weekend for you!
    :lol:  

Have a great time in Florida on the beach. I have yet to run since I have been here but I walked 11 miles on Wednesday and 9 miles on Thursday - so I saw a lot of London while walking around. 

It is hard to rely on these shows. But I plan a vacation around it - six days in London, six days in Berlin. So even if the shows don’t happen I get to have fun on vacation. But still a bummer. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504
    beano.79 said:
    bang on pace plan and good enough for 6th place.

Obviously it was hard at times but I felt solid.
    Ok, Forrest. Holy shit. That is amazing
    You are crazy
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Promised the CEO of the company I work at that I will break my 10K record before coming back after vaccation
    Promised the CEO of the company I work at that I will break my 10K record before coming back after vaccation
    How long does that give you?
    beano.79 said:
    How long does that give you?
    Mid August :) As long as it not to hot, I think I could shave of a second ot two
    What running shoes do you all have?
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504
    What running shoes do you all have?
    Brooks Glycerin for distance, Nike Air Zoom Tempo for intervals, I have a pair of Brooks Ghosts I'm gonna start breaking-in next week. I also have a fresh pair of Vaporfly 2s that I am saving for my first marathon... whenever that is. To note, I don't compete or anything. I'm just a Neanderthal who apparently can run for an extended period of time. 
    edited July 2
    Trying to find a new shoe. My shoe Ive had since 2022 - ”New Balance Fresh Foam Higher” is like a Ghost-shoe. No info online and even New Balance’s customer support had any info about the shoe. And there only seem to have been one version of it released in 2021/22. 

I know they have 4mm drop and are ”neutral” (never done a test though to see if my feet are neutral) so am looking at the NB 880. They look similiar at least. The 1080 I guess is New Balance ”flagship model” but it looks way to soft the sole on that one. 

If you find the 1080 too cushioned then the 880 probably isn't a bad bet.
    edited July 3
    Love the ff1080
    Ran in Brooks and then FF1080s
    Now I'm in Fresh Foam X More v4
    Have 2 pairs that I rotate.
    Super cushion helps the knees, felt better instantly
    Kinda heavy but worth it.

edited July 3
    I bought the 880v12! A bit expensive I thought for a shoe two generations old. But I’m also eager to get into the echosystem and then if I like it, keep my eyes out when there’s a great deal on a 880v14

Post-PJ running before going home
    Love the ff1080
    Ran in Brooks and then FF1080s
    Now I'm in Fresh Foam X More v4
    Have 2 pairs that I rotate.
    Super cushion helps the knees, felt better instantly
    Kinda heavy but worth it.

I have a 12 hour track endurance race in November and I think the more v4 is what I'll buy for that, keep me nicely protected and comfy and a pancake flat surface for 12 hours
    Nice - I ran on a track for 4 hours one time and thought I was going to die....it was mind numbing.  
    Are you running with a large group?  That would be interesting in many ways.  (Althpugh 12 hours in a row sounds painful,  any way you slice it)

Think I need to order a new pair, soon.  Rotating two pair along with a few others.

Doing a VO2Max test and a Lactate Level test, along with some other items, at a place on MN on Monday morning before some meetings.  Heard these tests are brutal but I'm curious to determine what my actual training levels should be, how accurate my garmin is, etc.
    Anyone done these tests?
    Nice - I ran on a track for 4 hours one time and thought I was going to die....it was mind numbing.  
    Are you running with a large group?  That would be interesting in many ways.  (Althpugh 12 hours in a row sounds painful,  any way you slice it)

Think I need to order a new pair, soon.  Rotating two pair along with a few others.

Doing a VO2Max test and a Lactate Level test, along with some other items, at a place on MN on Monday morning before some meetings.  Heard these tests are brutal but I'm curious to determine what my actual training levels should be, how accurate my garmin is, etc.
    Anyone done these tests?
    Definitely, I am interested in the mental challenge of it, I've never spent any amount of prolonged time on a track so it will be interesting. They company that organise it usually have around 100 entries to their races , so quite small, but plenty of company on a 400m track!

I've never done any official testing like that but I like the idea of it! Definitely let us know how it turns out compared to your watch stats