Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,449
    Ran today with my gf. Never been so close to a swan:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    My brother nixed the idea of going trail running. He had work to do. So now I'm just gonna go out with my cat and a good book instead. I run tomorrow morning instead hopefully. Or maybe tonight.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    You prefer to run with others?
    I prefer alone.  In the dark.

10k tomorrow.  @GlowGirl this is the George Washington Bridge run.  You should do it one year,it is beautiful and very cool to be out on that bridge.
    Set my PR for 10k there 2 years ago.  Don't think I can do that again, but will give er a go.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Is it just a back and forth over the bridge on the run? There is such a run here in Sweden going between the south of Sweden to Denmark and back over a bridge.

I prefer alone. But running trail here in my hometown, I had talked doing this specific route with my brother. So I had that in mind. But in general, I prefer running alone with a podcast.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,181

10k tomorrow.  @GlowGirl this is the George Washington Bridge run.  You should do it one year,it is beautiful and very cool to be out on that bridge.
    Set my PR for 10k there 2 years ago.  Don't think I can do that again, but will give er a go.
    Wow. Good luck tomorrow. Maybe someday I will do it. Today, just did my normal run. I haven’t really been increasing my distance in a long time. But I have been slowly increasing my speed. So that is something. Have a great run. I am sure the views from the bridge are awesome. Keep us posted. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Is it just a back and forth over the bridge on the run? There is such a run here in Sweden going between the south of Sweden to Denmark and back over a bridge.

I prefer alone. But running trail here in my hometown, I had talked doing this specific route with my brother. So I had that in mind. But in general, I prefer running alone with a podcast.
    Pod running.  Nice. 
    For this particular bridge it is about halfway over and back with a run up to the bridge and then another 2-3 miles after, down to the river.
    For the Ben Franklin Bridge run I do every October it is all the way over and back (which is 5k) and another loop through Camden.  (The other 5k)

GlowGirl said:

Wow. Good luck tomorrow. Maybe someday I will do it. Today, just did my normal run. I haven’t really been increasing my distance in a long time. But I have been slowly increasing my speed. So that is something. Have a great run. I am sure the views from the bridge are awesome. Keep us posted. 
    Next year, lets do it!
  • Options
    Bridge run was fun.  
    "World's Busiest Bridge" shuts down a level to run, always interesting.  Bogged down some, mid-run, but finished fast.  Was 2+ mins off PR but felt good about the run.
    Finished 4th in age bracket out of a large group,would gave been 2nd if I could have PRd and 3rd if I found an extra minute.  
    All seems easy to say when done!

Took a few pics after finishing --' of the finish line, the bridge where much of the running took place, and the last downhill sprint spot prior to finish.
    It is nice to be able to finish and rest a few minutes, then go cheer on others working hard to finish for a while.
    A cool course, hope to do again and PR next year.

• Options
    A little further back pic of Bridge

• Options

Nice job. Sounds like you had a great. The weather was amazing for sure. Someday, maybe I will join you. 
  • Options

Call me dumb, but what bridge is it? One of the NYC bridges?
  • Options
    Running a race to promote "Blood donations" on monday with my job. It's being held all over Sweden. 100 people from my job is running (in a t-shirt I had to design. hehe).

You can pick 5k or 10k. I'm running 10. But the 10k is the 5k lap twice. So not that fun going into lap#2. 

I will not try to run it fast though. Just get around.
  • Options

Call me dumb, but what bridge is it? One of the NYC bridges?
    No reason to know, it is not a bridge on Sweden.
    This is the George Washington Bridge.  It runs between New Jersey and New York, as part of I95, the main highway up and down the eastern US.

• Options
    Running a race to promote "Blood donations" on monday with my job. It's being held all over Sweden. 100 people from my job is running (in a t-shirt I had to design. hehe).

You can pick 5k or 10k. I'm running 10. But the 10k is the 5k lap twice. So not that fun going into lap#2. 

I will not try to run it fast though. Just get around.
    What does the shirt look like?
    Race shirts tend to be boring.  I always like it when there is a nice shirt.
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 706
    bang on pace plan and good enough for 6th place.

Obviously it was hard at times but I felt solid.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Congrats!! That is amazing. I hope you eat a lot now to make up for all those calories you burned. 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

So impressive, well done!!!
    How you feeling?
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 706
    Not too bad actually, bit of a sore ankle

Glowgirl... Absolutely! Anything and everything! 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Not too bad actually, bit of a sore ankle

Glowgirl... Absolutely! Anything and everything! 
    Amazing.
    I have dead legs right now and I'm running a like 20% of what you are running.  
  • Options
    Ran under an hour. So I’m pretty happy

• Options
    Great job!!
  • Options
    Great job!!
    I don't know if position 925 out of 1100 (men only) is all that great. haha. But works for me!

9000 ran in total. But most ran only 5km. 

My collogue ran at ~50 minutes. So that will be my goal for next year.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    Great job with your 10K and goal setting!!!
  • Options
    Great job!!
    I don't know if position 925 out of 1100 (men only) is all that great. haha. But works for me!

9000 ran in total. But most ran only 5km. 

My collogue ran at ~50 minutes. So that will be my goal for next year.
    9 mins off in a year?
    Love that.  Pretty tall order but you can do it if you work at it.  
    What did the person in 725th run?  

• Options
    Do any of you ever get itchy when you run? Occasionally, when I am running my legs get really itchy for part of the run. It doesn’t happen all the time but happened today. So I decided to Google it. Apparently, it’s called Runner’s itch. It can be cause by a release of histamine, or by expanding capillaries as your heart rate goes up. It goes away as your heart rate returns to a normal rhythm. Who knew 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Nope....glad it isn't anything serious 
  • Options

Number 725 ran at 54:35. So roughly 5 minutes faster :)
  • Options

Number 725 ran at 54:35. So roughly 5 minutes faster :)
    Perhaps a goal for next year can be "improve 200 spots" as 5 mins is still a very large gain on a 10k time in a year.
    "Stretch goal " to be at 50 mins?

Either way, I think it is great progress and am glad you are enjoying.

I'm icing my knees with my robot Hyperice gizmo, right now.   Pain every day, but it is 💯 worth it.
    I'll take more of it, if I can keep improving. 
  • Options
    A couple of new records this afteenoon:

• Options
    A couple of new records this afteenoon:

Wow, you are picking up minutes every week!