Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    GlowGirl said:
    Good luck everyone with the trainings and marathons. We have such an amazing group here. Sunday I came  down with really bad food poisoning. So I couldn’t run Monday or yesterday. I felt better last night and thought I would run this morning but still feel really weak and dehydrated. So I am giving it another day. I hate when I get derailed like this, but I just don’t have it in me today. Oh well. I will try again tomorrow. 
    Feel better soon!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    My first and perhaps only Half Marathon on saturday. 55000 people. Gonna be very warm. Yikes yikes
    Keep up the good stuff E
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,485
    Life kept me away from this thread a while. I'm so glad this is still going strong!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,449
    26 degrees tomorrow. 9 water stations and 10 showers along the way at least. But doub’t I will finish it. he he
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,181
    edited May 17
    26 degrees tomorrow. 9 water stations and 10 showers along the way at least. But doub’t I will finish it. he he
    Just do your best. Good luck. It is awesome you are attempting this. I bet you finish. Keep us posted.

• Options
    Change your self talk and you got the Mr. SC! Seeing your running growth is inspirational.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    I think you will.  Walk through the water stations if you need, that will give you some built in breaks.  
    You can do it!
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 706
    If it's hot, start a little slower than you would usually, take your time, keep calm, you WILL finish this and we're all waiting to hear about it!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    In 2019 my former cardiologist ran a "stress test" and they told me my heart plateau if I try to work hard and run faster. I thought this was the reason I always stopped. I stopped a lot. So, I stopped exercising. I love to walk around, but no running. 

Anyway, I have a new cardiologist. He looked at the same data and he said my heart did respond. If I wanted to run a marathon, that is not a problem. I will have a new stress test with him in September, but I may need to dust off my running shorts and get sweaty. What I need to do is decide if running is the best exercise for me or if I should try something else. Overall, running is easier, but what a trial to get outdoors, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited May 23
    23 people were sent to the hospital during the half marathon I ran (heat related causes).
    News just broke that one of them, a 20 year old, has died in the ICU.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23 people were sent to the hospital during the half marathon I (heat related causes).
    That is terrible news. I am glad you are ok. 
  • Options
    23 people were sent to the hospital during the half marathon I ran (heat related causes).
    Oh wow, that is awful.  Have to drink fluids but not too much.  
    Very sad for that person and everyone who knew them
  • Options
    Went with Garmins ”daily workout suggestion” today just for the the heck of it
  • Options
    edited May 24
    What should my VO2 max be? My Garmin says ”fair”
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    What a tragic start for your Marathon running. I don't think we got to sufficiently congratulate you given the losses suffered. It sounded like you made it to the end and that's pretty impressive. Keep it up, E!
  • Options
    How old are you?

• Options
    How old are you?

• Options
    How old are you?

Maybe 45-50?
    That is good for that age.

• Options
    Ran a race with the 9 yr old today....5K

He finished 2nd in age category, I was 1st in mine.  First race in the 50+ bracket.  :lol:   

• Options
    I love hearing about how your races with your kid that's awesome!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I love hearing about how your races with your kid that's awesome!
    He told me today, as we were walking back from getting the medals, "every race I've run, I've medaled."
    :lol:
    Awesome.
    True.
    I told him that this is going to get a lot harder and he needs to keep working hard.

• Options
    edited May 26

He finished 2nd in age category, I was 1st in mine.  First race in the 50+ bracket.  :lol:   

You're time to dominate the sport has arrived my friend 😜
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

You're time to dominate the sport has arrived my friend 😜
    Ha!
  • Options

That is so great you are running with your son. What great memories he will have of this time you spend together. Congrats on the wins 👏👏👏
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

That is so great you are running with your son. What great memories he will have of this time you spend together. Congrats on the wins 👏👏👏
    Thanks
    He gets pissed sometimes with me about training but he doesn't do it enough. I never make him do it, I talk him into it.
    Trying to toughen him up.  ;)

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks
    He gets pissed sometimes with me about training but he doesn't do it enough. I never make him do it, I talk him into it.
    Trying to toughen him up.  ;)

It's an amazing feeling, as I've said before my 8 yr old daughter likes to keep it slow and easy, doesn't like being pushed, but I've slogged out 5k races and even a 4 miler with her and it's the most rewarding experience!

I have my distance back up after my 2 marathons last month, have my first ultra of the year in 2 weeks time, a 46 mile loop that takes in all the local air force bases and memorials, all part of the 100 mile training so won't be trying to break any speed records but it should be a fun day
  • Options
    Ran to the cinema yesterday. Watched Furiosa. Ran home. 

Nice to squeeze it in, instead of taking the tram/bus. 
  • Options
    Awesome on the runs with your daughter, @beano.79
    46 mile loops sounds awesome.
    I'm considering doing the Philly Half and Full on back to back days....which would be less than that and your doing 46 seems easy to you.  Incredible!

Isn't it hot there?
    I sweat too much to ever consider that, unless it was half a mile away.  :lol:    would be pretty gross to sit in their seat while all nasty.  I don't even sit on my own chairs after running.  :rofl:   
    Was the movie good?
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,485

That is so awesome! Can't wait til I can start running with my kids.  Congrats
  • Options
    Awesome on the runs with your daughter, @beano.79
    46 mile loops sounds awesome.
    I'm considering doing the Philly Half and Full on back to back days....which would be less than that and your doing 46 seems easy to you.  Incredible!

Isn't it hot there?
    I sweat too much to ever consider that, unless it was half a mile away.  :lol:    would be pretty gross to sit in their seat while all nasty.  I don't even sit on my own chairs after running.  :rofl:   
    Was the movie good?
    Hehe. It was just 4,5km to the cinema and didn’t run to fast. And it started raining so I arrived soaking wet, but not from sweat. Hehe. 

The film was worth a trip to the cinema!