Whiskey Clique

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Picked these up yesterday. Never tried 'em before. MSRP is really high for these bottles; $170/rye and $155/bourbon. I sure hope they're worth it...

Nice find!
  • If anyone has a lead on Midwinters Night Dram I'd be interested too.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If anyone has a lead on Midwinters Night Dram I'd be interested too.
    You'd be in business if you lived in my area.  We get a lot of it here and it is popular, but definitely attainable (at retail). 

I was able to get one in AZ.  Short supply.  I'm flying to SLC today so maybe I'll see about getting another bottle when I'm there.
  • bbiggs said:
    You'd be in business if you lived in my area.  We get a lot of it here and it is popular, but definitely attainable (at retail). 

Your spots take care of you.  Everything changed out here when ownership changed.  I wish I had a spot that took care of it's customers that actually want to drink their bourbon...
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    bbiggs said:

Your spots take care of you.  Everything changed out here when ownership changed.  I wish I had a spot that took care of it's customers that actually want to drink their bourbon...
    Next time you are in NYC check out Astor Wines and Spirits. They seems to have a great selection of all kinds of things. I usually just buy wine and Jameson from them, so I can't comment on the prices for the rarer stuff. I do know they have a lot of bottles in locked cases, and often have tastings.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Picked this up for tonight.   Anybody have it before?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^Absolutely.  Big fan of Elijah Craig products.  Let us know what you think.  Oh, and it looks like you're due for a refill on the Bulleit ;)
    ha ha, I definitely do.  Next trip I need to get more bulleit and makers.  My scotch is way low too, is it me or has scotch gone up in price?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Congratulations to me. Dom was a gift

^I'm not sure, Mike, as I rarely drink scotch.  Wouldn't surprise me though.  Prices are up on everything these days.

Nice collection of bottles there.  I'll skip the bourbon and take a glass of that Caymus, please.
    That glenlivet 21……so jealous.  Enjoy!!
    bbiggs said:
    ^I'm not sure, Mike, as I rarely drink scotch.  Wouldn't surprise me though.  Prices are up on everything these days.

Nice collection of bottles there.  I'll skip the bourbon and take a glass of that Caymus, please.
    Yeah I’m pumped for the caymus. People love it. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    That glenlivet 21……so jealous.  Enjoy!!
    Hell yeah! I’m pumped. 
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Congratulations to me. Dom was a gift

Maker’s Cask Strength is vastly underrated.  
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
    Well that’s cool 

edited November 2021
    My brother in law surprised me with a bottle of angels envy.   Both are great!!!!  Wow!!!

• mcgruff10 said:
    My brother in law surprised me with a bottle of angels envy.   Both are great!!!!  Wow!!!

If you like that Elijah Craig small batch, you should look around for a single barrel "store pick". They are pretty easy to come by, and if it's a store you trust, it will probably be very tasty.
  • Congratulations to me. Dom was a gift

Caymus, nice choice.  The Dom is overrated IMO.
  • Just picked up Maker's Mark FAE-02 at my local Costco for $49. Daaaaamn, it's good. By far the richest sweet oak flavors I've ever tasted in a Maker's product. At that price, I'm definitely gonna buy a backup.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Just picked up Maker's Mark FAE-02 at my local Costco for $49. Daaaaamn, it's good. By far the richest sweet oak flavors I've ever tasted in a Maker's product. At that price, I'm definitely gonna buy a backup.
    Omg I've been dying for this one.  Love FAE-01 and the previous wood finishing releases.  I would expect this to cost at least $65 by me, so nice find with the price too!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Just picked up Maker's Mark FAE-02 at my local Costco for $49. Daaaaamn, it's good. By far the richest sweet oak flavors I've ever tasted in a Maker's product. At that price, I'm definitely gonna buy a backup.
    That's awesome!  Can't wait to try it.  
    Drank these today.  All were awesome.  

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:

None of this?

cookie dough?!?!  wow.  the peanut butter and banana bourbon was one and done for me.  I don't like sweet drinks.  
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    cookie dough?!?!  wow.  the peanut butter and banana bourbon was one and done for me.  I don't like sweet drinks.  
    It's super sweet and tastes nothing like cookie dough.
    Not surprisingly it is sold out in a lot of markets
  • Yo @Bentleyspop
    Check your messages!
    Man, I got super lucky today and scored a William Larue Weller at retail.  I gave my store my “wish list” a few months ago and the only one I prioritized over WLW was Pappy 20. They took great care of me and I’ll be cracking it this weekend or Christmas at latest. Can’t wait. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mcgruff10 said:
    I saw the Skrewball a couple weeks ago and was intrigued by it. That seems like it would be up my alley, but I'm wary of a lot of the flavored whiskeys. Is it a syrupy kind of sweet (think something like Jack Daniels Honey) or is it more that it's just a sweeter tasting whiskey? I think I could handle the latter, but would pass on something syrupy.