Options

Whiskey Clique

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Just some of the bottles going out over the next few days.

• Options
    I don't bourbon hunt anymore. I am willing to wait for supply to catch up to demand. I have a few bottles of Blanton's, an EHT, ER, Weller SR and Antique 107 as my rarities. BT and some others are just fine for me right now.

Honestly I have enough bourbon to last me a few years right now. I went nuts.
    Same here. I've never waited in line and have plenty of Stagg(jr}, Taylor sb & rye, RR13, Blantons, and a few others. I can trade for others pretty much whenever I would like. 

Living in a controlled state (Maine) has its perks. you just have to figure out which stores to hit.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    smile6680 said:
    I don't bourbon hunt anymore. I am willing to wait for supply to catch up to demand. I have a few bottles of Blanton's, an EHT, ER, Weller SR and Antique 107 as my rarities. BT and some others are just fine for me right now.

Same here. I've never waited in line and have plenty of Stagg(jr}, Taylor sb & rye, RR13, Blantons, and a few others. I can trade for others pretty much whenever I would like. 

Living in a controlled state (Maine) has its perks. you just have to figure out which stores to hit.
    I forgot about my Stagg Jr...got that at a charity event

But yeah...plenty of decent stuff to drink and keep the rarer bottles for special occasions. I know Buffalo Trace will have massive quantities in a few years due to their adding so many rickhouses

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

But yeah...plenty of decent stuff to drink and keep the rarer bottles for special occasions. I know Buffalo Trace will have massive quantities in a few years due to their adding so many rickhouses

I’ve been wanting to try a bottle of Stagg Jr but that’s gone now right?  
  • Options
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

I can never tell. Some stores hold them out back of their stores and they also seem to pop back up around Christmas. 

I've been too busy to look lately. I know of one place I was going to grab one but I'm going to be out of state when they put them on the shelves. My coworkers have been advised when and where to be if they want one.
  • Options
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

Stagg Jr. Is no longer a thing.
    Just plain old Stagg

• Options
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

Just plain old Stagg

Most people don't even notice the "jr" missing. I think I still have an unopened bottle of the last batch with jr on it. I keep buying it, but to be honest have to be in the right mood to drink it. Even on ice it can be a little strong.
  • Options
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

Just plain old Stagg

Thats what I thought.  Thx.

Is smoke wagon any good?
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

Just plain old Stagg

Most people don't even notice the "jr" missing. I think I still have an unopened bottle of the last batch with jr on it. I keep buying it, but to be honest have to be in the right mood to drink it. Even on ice it can be a little strong.
    131 sounds delicious to me.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:

smile6680 said:

Just plain old Stagg

131 sounds delicious to me.
    Agreed!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Three bottles of Weller 107 just arrived. Probably my favorite regular drinker. I was starting to run low and wanted to have some for the holidays. Next to impossible to get up here.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I was gifted a Weller full proof. hopefully it's as good or better than the 107.
  • Options
    Also picked up a bottle of Old Taylor. I can't get bit where I live. 
  • Options
    Got Miwinters Dram the other week.  Glad to have found it.
  • Options
    Nice.
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    Nice.
    So about Midwinters Dram...

They upped production just a weeee bit to oh, 100k bottles.  This won't be hard to find, lol.

Reviews put it up there as one of their best to dates.
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 199
    smile6680 said:
    Nice.

They upped production just a weeee bit to oh, 100k bottles.  This won't be hard to find, lol.

can still find here los angeles.... price tag at $299 tho..... geez....
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye is a phenomenal pour. Instantly one of my favorites. Also tried a New Riff single barrel this weekend that was excellent. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    PinoyPJ said:
    smile6680 said:
    Nice.

can still find here los angeles.... price tag at $299 tho..... geez....
    Whomever is selling that is horrible.  The company didn't raise the price so neither should they.  It'll sit for that price with the amount they made.

Go somewhere else.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    edited January 3

ZoSoTim said:
    Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye is a phenomenal pour. Instantly one of my favorites. Also tried a New Riff single barrel this weekend that was excellent. 

Both are excellent!  That Jack Daniels Single Barrel Proof Rye is favorite release!  I'm glad it's widely available in my area. I've had two different barrels, and both have been excellent!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    Nice.

In past years we were lucky to get 3 bottles.
    This year 4 cases
    $189
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Picked up a Redbreast 27 over the break.  Fan-fucking-tastic!
    Best part, other than finding one....I got it at Total Wine for MSRP.  I was shocked to see it sitting in the case and had been looking for years.  I week later I was back at the same Total Wine and they had another in the case, listed at $200 more than what I paid.
  • Options
    Found my first Magnus Cigar Blend last night.  Been wanting one for years, and i found it for $15 over MSRP.  Popped it last night, and it was amazing!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    smile6680 said:
    Nice.

In past years we were lucky to get 3 bottles.
    This year 4 cases
    $189
    Hence the uptick in the bottles at over 100K.

Did the price stay the same?  It should have.  They did not raise the price from last year and are wayyy more abundant.
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 344
    I picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 1924. It's been tough finding much around here lately. 
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    I picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 1924. It's been tough finding much around here lately. 
    I'd prob grab one if I saw one.  Heard it's good but not great, esp for the money.  I'd still get one to try it.
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    Finally tried this last night and was not impressed. It wasn’t bad but it’s far from my favorite. 
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 344
    mca47 said:
    smile6680 said:
    I'd prob grab one if I saw one.  Heard it's good but not great, esp for the money.  I'd still get one to try it.
    I actually got it to trade with another guy. It's not for me at 115$
  • Options
    edited March 29

Just picked these up. I’ve had two New Riff barrel proof private picks that were so damn good I had to pick up the rye to taste. 

Friend who stopped drinking just donated these to me. There's only a few pours of the Booker's left but I've never had it so I'm anxious to try it. 
    Post edited by ZoSoTim on