Options

Whiskey Clique

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Not a whiskey but I did get to sample an $1800 bottle of tequila...

Yeah ummm.  Explain that one to me.  Is there a real 1600 difference from a platinum Patron?

Also what is with all these celebrities taking up vodka and tequila distilleries?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

Yeah ummm.  Explain that one to me.  Is there a real 1600 difference from a platinum Patron?

Also what is with all these celebrities taking up vodka and tequila distilleries?
    I literally have no explanation. 
    It was good but not that good.
    I thought there was a misplaced decimal point in the pricing.
    The celebrities do it for the...wait for it...
    The money.
  • Options

The money.
    So I make a habbit of not drinking anything a famous person made, why?  It's usually overpriced and just ok.  Coppola and snoop wine?  No.
    Chiroc vodka?  No.  Did try Cabo Wabo tequila, that was good but not buying it.  Proper 12?  nope...  I did try Cadeuces.  Good but too expensive a price point.

That Tequila you tried must have been aged 20 years for that price poit?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    Cabo is def a good tequila! It’s not overpriced in my opinion 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cabo is def a good tequila! It’s not overpriced in my opinion 
    No not at all.  I should have added that I don't drink tequila and it is by Sammy Haggar, lol.
  • Options

The money.
    So I make a habbit of not drinking anything a famous person made, why?  It's usually overpriced and just ok.  Coppola and snoop wine?  No.
    Chiroc vodka?  No.  Did try Cabo Wabo tequila, that was good but not buying it.  Proper 12?  nope...  I did try Cadeuces.  Good but too expensive a price point.

You wouldn't want tequila aged that long.

Terramana from The Dwayne Johnson and Casamigos from George Clooney are probably the best of the celebrity tequilas.

Mary J. Blige has Sun Goddess which are pretty good wines.

Coppola makes good wine as well. Not great but well priced. 
    Proper 12 is garbage as is the apple version.
    Jay-Zs cognac is okay but nothing special.

The list goes on and on.
  • Options

The money.

You wouldn't want tequila aged that long.

Terramana from The Dwayne Johnson and Casamigos from George Clooney are probably the best of the celebrity tequilas.

Mary J. Blige has Sun Goddess which are pretty good wines.

Coppola makes good wine as well. Not great but well priced. 
    Proper 12 is garbage as is the apple version.
    Jay-Zs cognac is okay but nothing special.

The list goes on and on.
    There was one agave that did something crazy like this, aged a long time, I know it doesn't age like cognac. I was being facetious.
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 344
    Picked up a bottle of Stagg 22A. Funny how the A batch came out after the b batch around here.
  • Options
    Came across a bottle of rock hill farms single barrel. 55$
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 607
    edited June 2023

Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Sagamore Spirits Double Oak Rye and Sherry Finish Rye.....both are very delicious!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Sagamore Spirits Double Oak Rye and Sherry Finish Rye.....both are very delicious!!!!
    I've heard the Sherry Finish Rye is amazing.  Haven't been able to find a bottle of it.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    I've heard the Sherry Finish Rye is amazing.  Haven't been able to find a bottle of it.

• Options
    Yummy stuff!  I've seen it a few liquor stores here in Michigan.  I'm almost due for another bottle.
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    FYI - Total Wine summer lottery selections just came out.  I would have completely missed the email had I not heard this from someone else.
    I got a Weller 12.  

It was last on my list, but will eventually go and pick it up.  Was really hoping for a Parker's!  Sigh.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 607
    I'd be thrilled with a Weller.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    I'd be thrilled with a Weller.
    Not complaining as I didn't have one, but there was just so many good options in this round.  That said, i'm just happy to get picked!  I've gotten picked twice in a row so I fully expect to go a year without anything.  hahaha!
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 199
    mca47 said:
    FYI - Total Wine summer lottery selections just came out.  I would have completely missed the email had I not heard this from someone else.
    I got a Weller 12.  

It was last on my list, but will eventually go and pick it up.  Was really hoping for a Parker's!  Sigh.
    how do you get an email for lottery selections? what points level you gotta be?
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    PinoyPJ said:
    mca47 said:
    I got a Weller 12.  

how do you get an email for lottery selections? what points level you gotta be?
    I believe you need to be "Grand Reserve" level in order to get those emails.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Private Barrel

• Options
    mca47 said:
    Private Barrel

Store picks and private barrels is the way to go.
  • Options
    5 different Staggs

• Options
    5 different Staggs

How can I get me one of them Stagg Jr's off of ya!?!
  • Options
    5 different Staggs

I hear the last two batches are incredible!  I've only got one Stagg Jr and that was probably 4-5 years ago.  Still have quite a bit left!
  • Options
    5 different Staggs

I'm looking for a bottle of stag 22a. I have an extra of the first batch after they took the "jr" off it if you are interested in a trade. I can't tell which batches you have in the picture.
  • Options
    Sunday Sippers

10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Sunday Sippers

How do you like the RD One?  I have heard good things!
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Sunday Sippers

I love it! My first bourbon with Amburana wood.  Great flavor!  It adds an apple spice/ cinnamon toast crunch flavor to the juice.  Easy drinker for 110 proof as well. I think is was $70 here in Michigan.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Sunday Sippers

I love it! My first bourbon with Amburana wood.  Great flavor!  It adds an apple spice/ cinnamon toast crunch flavor to the juice.  Easy drinker for 110 proof as well. I think is was $70 here in Michigan.
    That's awesome!  Gonna keep an eye out for that one!
  • Options
    I picked up a couple bottles of Russells 13. Hopefully batch 4 is as good as batch 3.