Options

Whiskey Clique

Comments

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 610
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    I went to a friend's house this weekend for a fantasy football draft.  The dude has a HUGE collection.  Probably less than 10% of the bottles have been opened.  Sad to see!
    I would estimate that upwards of 70% of the Blantons is sitting unopened on dudes shelves.
    I don't understand that at all.  I mean, he has some killer bottles that have never seen the light of day.  I prob have ~120-125 bottles in my collection.  The only ones that aren't open are those that I have multiples of.  100% of all originals are open.

I have a bunch of unopened bottles but that's in large part because my collection exploded since my birthday in May. I got a bunch of bottles as gifts, then I happened across a few hard to locate bottles so I grabbed them while I could, and I've been part of 5 private barrel picks through another message board I post on. Furthermore I am a social drinker. It's rare that I'll even have a single drink at home by myself and I only have a couple friends who appreciate good whiskey to the point that I would share good shit with them. I'm not intentionally leaving bottles open. It's just worked out that way. I look forward to trying every single one in my collection.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    ZoSoTim said:
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    I went to a friend's house this weekend for a fantasy football draft.  The dude has a HUGE collection.  Probably less than 10% of the bottles have been opened.  Sad to see!
    I would estimate that upwards of 70% of the Blantons is sitting unopened on dudes shelves.
    I don't understand that at all.  I mean, he has some killer bottles that have never seen the light of day.  I prob have ~120-125 bottles in my collection.  The only ones that aren't open are those that I have multiples of.  100% of all originals are open.

I have a bunch of unopened bottles but that's in large part because my collection exploded since my birthday in May. I got a bunch of bottles as gifts, then I happened across a few hard to locate bottles so I grabbed them while I could, and I've been part of 5 private barrel picks through another message board I post on. Furthermore I am a social drinker. It's rare that I'll even have a single drink at home by myself and I only have a couple friends who appreciate good whiskey to the point that I would share good shit with them. I'm not intentionally leaving bottles open. It's just worked out that way. I look forward to trying every single one in my collection.
    Yeah, that's what my buddy has told me too.  "I don't like to drink alone".  Totally get it.  What I tell him is "Hey, invite me over and you won't be alone!"  hahahaha!

If I'm having drinks I'm the same way.  I do like to have a pour of whiskey just for the taste of it...zero to do with the alcohol, just the yummy flavor.  The girl likes whiskey too but even with that company, I think we average maybe 2 oz per week total.  
    If I find a new bottle, great or not, I'll usually bust it open in a day or two after I get it home.  Usually a 0.5oz or less pour just to have a taste, then I may not even go back to it for weeks or months.  Just want to have the experience.  
    I liken it to sweets or desserts.  While some people will have an entire bowl of ice cream, I'm ok with a tiny spoonful.  Just have a taste and move on.  

• Options
    I've done a little of of that since May but I'm also back in the gym 4-5 days a week and trying my best to eat healthy so I haven't had any alcohol whatsoever in almost 3 weeks. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    I've done a little of of that since May but I'm also back in the gym 4-5 days a week and trying my best to eat healthy so I haven't had any alcohol whatsoever in almost 3 weeks. 
    Good for you man!  Health always comes first!
  • Options
    I have some bottles that I might open one day(3) and a few in rotation (3) and some I don't think I want to even try, lol.  I bought a few that after reading reviews I won't bother opening.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    It is impossible to keep up with the amount of bottles coming out recently. Surprised my wife hasn’t asked for a divorce yet! 

I’m headed to the bourbon trail in two weeks. Hitting up Bourbon and Beyond Festival (Black Keys and Black Crowes), the Kentucky Bourbon festival, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford, Heaven Hill, Angels Envy, Rabbit Hole and Whiskey Thief.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    It is impossible to keep up with the amount of bottles coming out recently. Surprised my wife hasn’t asked for a divorce yet! 

I’m headed to the bourbon trail in two weeks. Hitting up Bourbon and Beyond Festival (Black Keys and Black Crowes), the Kentucky Bourbon festival, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford, Heaven Hill, Angels Envy, Rabbit Hole and Whiskey Thief.  
    That is a fun trip! My wife and I did that a few years ago and we had a blast! Some of those distilleries are in some beautiful areas, like Woodford out in horse country. I only wished we had more time to go to more distilleries. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554
    So this showed up today...

• Options

How is it?  I'm pretty "meh" on most things Jefferson.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

How is it?  I'm pretty "meh" on most things Jefferson.
    No clue
    It went right back out to a Jefferson bro

We were all wondering why they sent it all the way to Singapore for humidity when there is plenty in Houston, New Orleans,  etc
  • Options
    Did some bourbon hunting in Indy after the show was postponed. These Starlight picks from Rural Inn are delicious! Place had a great selection with tons of store picks. Will definitely stop by there again if I can make the rescheduled show. 

• Options
    I got an email today from BourbonOutfitter saying they had the new Thirteenth Colony Double Oaked.  Click on the link a minute later...."sold out".  Ugh!  That shit was worse than getting concert tickets! 
  • Options
    I know this is a liqueur but this is an example of how bad some people's tastes have gotten....

• Options
    I know this is a liqueur but this is an example of how bad some people's tastes have gotten....

Love how Old Fitz is in the background, lol!
  • Options
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 201
    looks like a good price.

ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    Not bad. I've had Few before and it is very reasonably priced. 
  • Options
    Someone brought these to sample. 
    Extremely allocated

• Options
    Someone brought these to sample. 
    Extremely allocated

When I read “allocated” I immediately think huge mark up and not getting it, lol. 
  • Options
    I believe that the one on the right is available only through a special program through the distillery.

• Options
    10K MSRP

• Options
    Yowza! I hope that's real silver.
  • Options
    10K MSRP

That's a beautiful bottle!
  • Options
    10K MSRP

I remember when King Louis Black Pearl was unveiled.  Back then I think it was only 8g?  Now they go for 35G.

Stupes.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I'm guessing this wouldn't fall under clique status. lol

https://buyfewspirits.com/few-alice-in-chains-all-secrets-known-bourbon/
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm guessing this wouldn't fall under clique status. lol

https://buyfewspirits.com/few-alice-in-chains-all-secrets-known-bourbon/
    Look about 10 posts up. 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    edited October 2023
    Off the markdown cart for thirty apiece.

Bear Wallow Liars Bench Rye Whiskey  Total Wine  More

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Picked up a couple bottles of Stagg batch 23b today. It's not my favorite, but not a bottle I would turn down when offered.
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    Picked up a couple bottles of Stagg batch 23b today. It's not my favorite, but not a bottle I would turn down when offered.
    I'm surprised u found it.
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 345
    edited November 2023
    smile6680 said:
    I'm surprised u found it.
    I waited a week to go back to this (my regular) spot. They held it for me. 1/4 mile away from the first Maine shooting scene.

Some scumbag actually smashed in the door the day after knowing all the Police would be distracted and stole stuff. 
    Post edited by smile6680 on