The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Bingo, thanks man!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Bingo, thanks man!
    Welcome to dark side!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Oysters on the half shell! One is with smoked salmon red onion and verde sauce, the other is traditional cocktail sauce damn good. My son bought me an oyster chucker best present ever..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I haven’t had oysters in awhile, those look legit Jose.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Interesting combo going there, looks good!
    mcgruff10 said:
    I haven’t had oysters in awhile, those look legit Jose.  
    Interesting combo going there, looks good!
    Really tasty bought them this morning fresh ..
    Chicken piccata and brown rice for dinner tonight.   Delish.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yummy you can’t wrong with cutlets and brown rice picata sauce I’m not sure I’ve ever had it is it butter based?
    edited February 2021
    Jose, chicken broth, lemon juice and butter (between a 1/4 and a 1/2 a stick) are the ingredients in the sauce.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks delicious. Is that cast iron?
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Oven-baked sockeye salmon with a brown sugar-soy sauce glaze, served over rice with peas and corn.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks delicious. Is that cast iron?
    Yes that is cast iron.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Oven-baked sockeye salmon with a brown sugar-soy sauce glaze, served over rice with peas and corn.

How long did you bake it?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jose, chicken broth, lemon juice and butter (between a 1/4 and a 1/2 a stick) are the ingredients in the sauce.  
    Nice thanks I’ll have to give a try! 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Lemon Arugula Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    RK50065 said:

Oh hell yea!
    RK50065 said:

That looks great!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    RK50065 said:

That looks amazing. Do you have a recipe for that you can share?

How long did you bake it?
    It wasn’t a super thick filet, so 25 mins was perfect.
    RK are those the famous st. louis toasted ravioli?  Looks great!
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    mcgruff10 said:
    RK are those the famous st. louis toasted ravioli?  Looks great!
    Sure are! Crappy frozen kind though.
    Did someone say cast iron?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Yes, a few posts up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Oh wow that looks amazing.  All cook together from start to finish?

Looks great cliffy!  Brussel
    sprouts, chicken thighs and onions?

Oh wow that looks amazing.  All cook together from start to finish?

Browned the thighs on their own for 5-10 minutes then popped the veggies in and tossed it in the oven.

And yeah McGruff...thighs (bone in), sprouts, and onions.

I love cooking with cast iron.  I have three frying pans and a Dutch oven.  Just received a copper 11”, high-sided pan with lid for my birthday. I’ve never cooked with copper before.  I’ve heard good things though.
    edited February 2021
    OK @Cliffy6745 , @lmckenney24        For the Honolulu Fish Co order, the package I wanted (1 lb Ultra Ahi, 1 lb King Salmon, 1 lb Kanpachi) is not available to order today, and I need to order by Noon tomorrow to get when we want it.
    3 pounds seemed right for multiple days of varying raw fish prep.
    (Called them and they confirmed that pack would not be up in time to arrive when I wanted.)

Given that the three pound pack is out....the other packs are 1 lb tuna, 1 lb salmon. 
    How much is that, for two people (my son won't eat much) -- I am concerned I need to order more.    (I for sure want to have some of the Ultra Tuna and King Salmon as part of the order.)
    Given that we have not gone out for sushi in almost a year, I do not care about the cost of ordering more but there is not a sweet 3 lb pack, thought I would see what you guys have ordered / how long it took to eat.

Thanks!

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    OK @Cliffy6745 , @lmckenney24        For the Honolulu Fish Co order, the package I wanted (1 lb Ultra Ahi, 1 lb King Salmon, 1 lb Kanpachi) is not available to order today, and I need to order by Noon tomorrow to get when we want it.
    (Called them and they confirmed that pack would not be up in time to arrive when I wanted.)

Given that the three pound pack is out....the other packs are 1 lb tuna, 1 lb salmon. 
    How much is that, for two people (my son won't eat much) -- I am concerned I need to order more. 
    Given that we have not gone out for sushi in almost a year, I do not care about the cost of ordering more but there is not a sweet 3 lb pack, thought I would see what you guys have ordered / how long it took to eat.

Thanks!

Here is what I would suggest, if you want extra and cost isn't a huge issue.

Go with the 2 lbs of Ultra and 2lbs of Salmon. 1lb of each is not enough in my opinion, if you want to make a few dishes over the course of a weekend.

My wife and I did the 2lbs of each a few weeks back and killed both, with about 3/4lb of salmon left over that we decided to grill and put into a salad. The options are endless if you roll with those two.

I can send you a PM on some fridge storage tips if you need it. You won't be disappointed in the purchase my friend.

How much is that, for two people (my son won't eat much) -- I am concerned I need to order more. 

Thanks!

Here is what I would suggest, if you want extra and cost isn't a huge issue.

Go with the 2 lbs of Ultra and 2lbs of Salmon. 1lb of each is not enough in my opinion, if you want to make a few dishes over the course of a weekend.

My wife and I did the 2lbs of each a few weeks back and killed both, with about 3/4lb of salmon left over that we decided to grill and put into a salad. The options are endless if you roll with those two.

I can send you a PM on some fridge storage tips if you need it. You won't be disappointed in the purchase my friend.

Sweet, I like that and am happy to receive tips (just the tips!) if storage is something you learned from/about.