The Food Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    Loujoe said:

Late additions. Spans several cooks
    Perfect summer grilling 😋😋😋 I’ll take a slice or two of everything! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    My man shows up every couple months and drops bombs 
    edited June 23
    So why is everyone keeping this a secret?!? Even though I don’t remember seeing it posted here, I know some of you guys know it well given the affinity for Japanese. Holy shit this may be one of my favorite things I’ve had (grilled over broiled so might not look perfect. It’s 100 so not turning the oven on)

Also, made the 6 year old daughter a burger since I wasn’t sure she’d like it and she barely touched the burger and was pissed we didn’t give this to her from the jump 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    My man shows up every couple months and drops bombs 
    Haha I need to do better and be more consistent. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,769
    So why is everyone keeping this a secret?!? Even though I don’t remember seeing it posted here, I know some of you guys know it well given the affinity for Japanese. Holy shit this may be one of my favorite things I’ve had (grilled over broiled so might not look perfect. It’s 100 so not turning the oven on)

Also, made the 6 year old daughter a burger since I wasn’t sure she’d like it and she barely touched the burger and was pissed we didn’t give this to her from the jump 

Is that a yellowtail collar? 
    Get_Right said:

Indeed it is. Amazing 
    Get_Right said:

Indeed it is. Amazing 

Not the easiest thing to eat but so tasty. Does not need much. Very Japanese. 
    edited June 24
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Indeed it is. Amazing 

Yeah was a lot more picking than I expected. More of a chicken wings type style eating, at least in the comforts of my home, but holy shit. Hands down some of the best fish I’ve had 

and yeah, good salt. Grill. Some soy sauce to dip and lemon to taste. That’s it 
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Indeed it is. Amazing 

Yeah was a lot more picking than I expected. More of a chicken wings type style eating, at least in the comforts of my home, but holy shit. Hands down some of the best fish I’ve had 

It is fatty fish goodness. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504
    Those who post pics with black gloves don't fuck around. Looks great
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,802
    Those meats look nice! Nothing near as fancy here, but tried my hand at some smash burgers. Tasty.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,080
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Indeed it is. Amazing 

and yeah, good salt. Grill. Some soy sauce to dip and lemon to taste. That’s it 
    For about 2 years it was one of the things I got every Friday night at our go to spot.  
    I like it with ponzu and lemon.  
    Haven't had in a while.  Damn. Now I want!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Went to a decent Japanese BBQ joint in Barcelona last night. 

Looks amazing!

In Anna Maria Island, FL for the week

Demolishing seafood.
    We caught and cooked up some reds yesterday.

Today, I had some tuna sashimi and then walked next door to have 2 rounds of oysters at a beach bar

Life is 👍 

eddiec said:

Even mediocre Yakiniku is good.  Looks great. 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,963
    Looks amazing!

Demolishing seafood.

Today, I had some tuna sashimi and then walked next door to have 2 rounds of oysters at a beach bar

Life is 👍 

Giddy up!
    Looks amazing!

Demolishing seafood.

Life is 👍 

Yes yes I’d have no problem downing all those with cold beer nothing better in summer! 
    eddiec said:

That looks amazing I’ve only eaten at one it was ok not something I’d go back to on a regular basis! But it didn’t look as good as this ^^^
    eddiec said:

That is a spread!
    Looks amazing!

Demolishing seafood.

Life is 👍 

Yes yes I’d have no problem downing all those with cold beer nothing better in summer! 
    I am so mad that I developed some sort of allergy to oysters. I can only eat a couple and has to come with a shot of pepto. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    eddiec said:

That looks like Pilipino hot pot.
    Hell yeah. All looks awesome 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Before we ate in the Japanese place, we were north of Barcelona on the Costa Brava. House we stayed in had a crappy BBQ but we made it work.

Palamos shrimp.

And Chuleton.
    Each one was over 2 1/2 pounds.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    eddiec said:
    Before we ate in the Japanese place, we were north of Barcelona on the Costa Brava. House we stayed in had a crappy BBQ but we made it work.

Palamos shrimp.

And Chuleton.
    Each one was over 2 1/2 pounds.
    Damn, looks great!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    edited July 4
    Happy 4th to all, great weather on Long Island

Post edited by CROJAM95 on

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,963
    Happy 4th! Looks fantastic. Waiting for some local corn here. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    CROJAM95 said:

Everything looks great. What kind of sausage is that? Did the pooch get any scraps?
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 5
    CROJAM95 said:

Everything looks great. What kind of sausage is that? Did the pooch get any scraps?
    Polish Kielbasa from this fantastic local polish pork store … it was so good, the Smokey flavor was incredible. I coulda ate it all, had only a few

potatoes/ carrots/ onions were perfect side

havent introduced him to table food, my last one was a pest… this guy is so well behaved.. he gets special treats from gourmet dog place in town… I usually drop $50 last few weeks

Post edited by CROJAM95 on
    Star Fish Co. In Cortez, FL
    Recommend by a friend here, good fish with cold beer

Scallops
    Grouper
    Grits
    Hush puppy
    Slaw