The Food Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004

Local blue claws?
    Those be them! My wife’s family is from Maryland the Chesapeake Bay Area they crabbed till around 2005 we used to eat them the same way spread the newspapers cooler of beers and pick away for hours 😋😋
    Jose I am about ready to start throwing the Crab Hotels in Jamaica bay.  It is almost time.
    Really I’ve never tried crabbing good luck let us know how it goes very curious about it! 
    It's really easy and fun.  I should take you with me.  How far are you from Bergen Point Golf Course?
    CROJAM95 said:
    Got a tattoo at 16… cop actual did it, day Chris Farley died, it came on radio as I was at this dudes house with my friend

we were so cool in school

until our moms wanted to beat our ass 😬
    HAHAHAH!  I just thought of Bart Simpson and his "Moth" tattoo.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,893
    fresh ginger. Mustard rub. Salt. Over arugula cucs and some basil . woah. Great. 
    Learned that mustard is great on salmon. Mustard, dill. Honey mustard.
    I guess it's good on chicken too. No real revelation, but always amazed how great it tastes.
    Fish on.
    Loujoe said:
    fresh ginger. Mustard rub. Salt. Over arugula cucs and some basil . woah. Great. 
    Learned that mustard is great on salmon. Mustard, dill. Honey mustard.
    I guess it's good on chicken too. No real revelation, but always amazed how great it tastes.
    Fish on.
    Try it on Ribs too or porchops.  Seriously an underrated rub.

Looks fan tas tic!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Peach Season, baby.

www.myspace.com
    Also...Cutlet Night returned!

www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jesus that looks incredible.

Type of rice, type of greens?
    edited July 26

Type of rice, type of greens?
    Spanish rice...only kind we had.

RABE. Wish I made a ton more RABE.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Yo! Do you cook peaches? 
    They taste great with ginger too.
    I had to buy a big container of ginger so I'm using it.

Loujoe said:
    Yo! Do you cook peaches? 

Grilling pork chops tomorrow night...some grilled peaches might go with that?

Mother in law made a crisp last time. I think she's doing that or a cobbler now. 

We got like 50 of them from some place in Georgia. Second batch of the summer. I eat like 5 at a time. So fucking good...
    www.myspace.com
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    Loujoe said:
    Yo! Do you cook peaches? 

Grilling pork chops tomorrow night...some grilled peaches might go with that?

Mother in law made a crisp last time. I think she's doing that or a cobbler now. 

We got like 50 of them from some place in Georgia. Second batch of the summer. I eat like 5 at a time. So fucking good...

Gordon Ramsey has a duck breast recipe that has peaches. I made it once. Very good.
    corn blueberry feta
    Wo wo wo works
    Loujoe said:
    corn blueberry feta
    Wo wo wo works
    Wow...interesting
    www.myspace.com
    Chops N' Peaches

www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited July 31
    So I tried Hello Fresh for a week (half-priced for the first 2 weeks, which means $67CAD for most of your week's food. Good deal!). First, I am VERY impressed with how good the food actually is. They are good recipes and good ingredients, and you basically end up with restaurant-quality food if you know how to cook at all. I am surprised these meals are so tasty (however, they way overestimate how long roasted veggies take - I had to learn the hard way that I needed to cook them for a good 8 minutes less than indicated unless you love mushy veggies). Easy-to-follow recipes and not overly time consuming, all things considered.
    The problem is that, as a single person who is cooking for nobody but myself, this is just too much work, lol. You really have to prep everything, make all the sauces essentially from scratch. They even have you making your own croutons and pickling your own jalapenos. For families this makes sense to me, because there is pleasure and a greater purpose to putting in the effort. But just for yourself? Unless you enjoy cooking, which I don't (ironically I am a really excellent cook - my talent is mostly wasted on me, lol), Hello Fresh might just be too much of a pain in the ass and requires you to use too many damn dishes, hahaha. Happy I tried it though.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,043
    If you have a family, cooking is even more of a crunch, time-wise.
    I love doing it, so I do it.  
    If people don't love cooking I could see it being a super drag.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    I love cooking or helping my wife cook it’s my favorite thing to do spend time in the kitchen! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    I used to love cooking until I got with my partner and her son doesn't eat this
     Won't have that. Made it so unenjoyable I stopped
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Tofu butternut squash & veggie bowl

so good
    Yum and healthy
    PJ_Soul said:
    So I tried Hello Fresh for a week (half-priced for the first 2 weeks, which means $67CAD for most of your week's food. Good deal!). First, I am VERY impressed with how good the food actually is. They are good recipes and good ingredients, and you basically end up with restaurant-quality food if you know how to cook at all. I am surprised these meals are so tasty (however, they way overestimate how long roasted veggies take - I had to learn the hard way that I needed to cook them for a good 8 minutes less than indicated unless you love mushy veggies). Easy-to-follow recipes and not overly time consuming, all things considered.
    The problem is that, as a single person who is cooking for nobody but myself, this is just too much work, lol. You really have to prep everything, make all the sauces essentially from scratch. They even have you making your own croutons and pickling your own jalapenos. For families this makes sense to me, because there is pleasure and a greater purpose to putting in the effort. But just for yourself? Unless you enjoy cooking, which I don't (ironically I am a really excellent cook - my talent is mostly wasted on me, lol), Hello Fresh might just be too much of a pain in the ass and requires you to use too many damn dishes, hahaha. Happy I tried it though.
    I am going to try this soon. Have heard the food is really good and it comes already prepared

https://www.factor75.com/
    www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    CROJAM95 said:
    Tofu butternut squash & veggie bowl

so good
    Yes! I bet it’s filling too all good ingredients nice job 👍 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Southeast Asia Food Marlet in a park in Philly.  Runs all summer on weekends.
    10 yr old is finally game to join and eat all sorts of stuff with me.
    Sugarcane drink
    Stuffed wings
    Chicken gizzards
    Egg rolls, multiple revisits
    Fried banana, son had 4 pieces
    Chicken satay
    Pork stick
    Crab stock
    Spicy Cambodian sausage 
    Yucca dessert
    And a to-go which is a must, a super spicy Papaya Salad (a non-intrusive pic of the woman making it at her table, can see some of the ingredients).  This is the fucking bomb.

Didn't get pics of many items but the was breakfast and lunch at once, and for all that we probably spent $45.  
    Amazing stuff.

Dang. Nice!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863

I want to go to Cutlet Night.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sugarcane drink
    Stuffed wings
    Chicken gizzards
    Chicken satay
    Pork stick
    Crab stock
    Spicy Cambodian sausage 
    Yucca dessert
    And a to-go which is a must, a super spicy Papaya Salad (a non-intrusive pic of the woman making it at her table, can see some of the ingredients).  This is the fucking bomb.

Didn't get pics of many items but the was breakfast and lunch at once, and for all that we probably spent $45.  
    Amazing stuff.

This place is the absolute best. Gotta find a weekend to stick around the city and get there here soon
    Field trip. Hey. Ho let's go
    Sugarcane drink
    Stuffed wings
    Chicken gizzards
    Chicken satay
    Pork stick
    Crab stock
    Spicy Cambodian sausage 
    Yucca dessert

Amazing stuff.

This place is the absolute best. Gotta find a weekend to stick around the city and get there here soon
    Some kind of fun to spend an hour and a half with the kid there, now that he will eat "different" stuff like this.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    Sugarcane drink
    Stuffed wings
    Chicken gizzards
    Chicken satay
    Pork stick
    Crab stock
    Spicy Cambodian sausage 
    Yucca dessert

Amazing stuff.

Papaya salad is so good.
    How many stalls are there in total?