The Food Thread

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,893
    Oktoberfest braised hot Italian sausage. Hey now.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Loujoe said:
    How do you make that^^
    You take one part phone
    one part finger

and voila 🤣🤣
    Thought the container might be take out!
    Funny.
    I have to try that finger phone thing more often.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Loujoe said:
    Oktoberfest braised hot Italian sausage. Hey now.
    Looks great. 
    www.myspace.com
    Mahi mahi over Soba noodles 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    CROJAM95 said:
    Mahi mahi over Soba noodles 
    That is awesome specially for a lunch on a hot day 😋 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    Raw Amberjack lightly marinated in soy, mirin and sake, over rice. I found this recipe on Insta, and my fishmonger usually has fresh Amberjack (or yellowtail as it's also called).

Well ahhh hell! ^
  • No bullshit, I could eat that whole thing in 5 mins or less.
    Beautiful 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    eddiec said:
    Raw Amberjack lightly marinated in soy, mirin and sake, over rice. I found this recipe on Insta, and my fishmonger usually has fresh Amberjack (or yellowtail as it's also called).

A+ I’m sure it’s so tasty and the plating you knock it out of the park every time
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    edited September 1
    Today, I've created a fav of mine.....Shrimp & Grits.
    With an assist from some spinach, tomato sauce and cheese.
    ✌️👌👍

Holy crap I think I just figured out how to post a flicking picture. I've been trying for years.

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    Today, I've created a fav of my mine.....Shrimp & Grits.
    With an assist from some spinach, tomato sauce and cheese.
    ✌️👌👍

Holy crap I think I just figured out how to post a flicking picture. I've been trying for years.

Nice combo I’m sure it’s perfect with a good 🍺 
    Fun night streaming last nights show by the fire, had a nice bbq prior of veggie burgers, chicken burgers, marinated chicken on a stick, hazelnut canoli cookies for desert… bring on msg 😎
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    eddiec said:

Holy shit dude. Looks incredible. My fish guy has yellowtail pretty often. I do something similar but might have to do this. Is that the full recipe above?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    edited September 1
    eddiec said:

Holy shit dude. Looks incredible. My fish guy has yellowtail pretty often. I do something similar but might have to do this. Is that the full recipe above?
    It's pretty simple:
    30 ml sake
    30 ml mirin
    30ml water
    Boil 1 minute then take off heat
    Add 60 ml soy sauce
    Let cool

Marinate sliced fish for 15 minutes.

Remove from marinade and place fish over rice, (I used vinegared sushi rice), sprinkle sesame and scallions. I put some chopped Nori in center.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    That looks like high quality fish. Well done. Nobu made an empire by serving yellowtail with jalapeno and ponzu as one if his signature dishes. This reminds me of that same dish. 

I'm getting predictable but so darn good.

home grown garlic, oil and butter in pan. Add tomatoes and a few blistered shishitoes couple day old cranberry walnut rosemary french bread. Ripped that bitch up. Put in pan, added a bit more butter and oil over it. Crumbled feta. Let it toast up, melt a bit and absorb some of that yummy tomato stuff. A few more bits of butter  Hit it with a generous dose of crushed pepper. Scrambled up 6 eggs. Poured over the top. Low flame. Remembered I had a Serrano pepper. Charred that up a bit. Closed the lid. Got coffee and boom!
    Darn delicious.
    Eggplant Rollatini ready to go into oven 375 for 20-30 minutes as soon as the cheese is bubbling 

Fresh figs from our tree topped with prosciutto olive oil & vinegar drizzled! 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    I know a few people from Long Island that have fig trees. So simple and so good. Must be the salt in the air  ;)
    Get_Right said:
    I know a few people from Long Island that have fig trees. So simple and so good. Must be the salt in the air  ;)
    Must be! In my childhood back in Chile me & cousins would go to the tree and shake it and the ripe figs would fall to the ground! Hence that Peter Gabriel song Shaking the Tree 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Eggplant Rollatini ready to go into oven 375 for 20-30 minutes as soon as the cheese is bubbling 

Hello yeah. What's your recipe? Love me some eggplant
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 5
    Zoetrope  shrimp
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    farro stuffed tomatoes. Added those shrimp, some feta, basil, arugula, garlic. Food for the week. Should be killer
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Hoping this thing turns out as good as it looks. Sausages for pirogies tomorrow mornings game day breakfast.
    Yes!^

Cooked some 'hulled wheat'. Picked up some fantastic Chipotle peppers. Dropped them in. Added some toasted garlic. Local parm type cheese. The mushrooms. Oregano. Olive oil.
    Stuff tomatoes from garden and WHAM!
    My new thing this season. Great way to enjoy the harvest.
    Was going to make salsa. I think I still will onece more tomatoes ripen.