Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Nice Sunday dinner 
    rack of lamb and potatoes

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    CROJAM95 said:
    Nice Sunday dinner 
    rack of lamb and potatoes

Whoa I haven’t seen a cooking round pan like this! How did you cook everything directly on top of coals 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 5
    Look up PEKA

croatian style, others do it too

iron skillet/ iron dome with coals/wood

slow cook… 

CROJAM95 said:
    Look up PEKA

croatian style, others do it too

iron skillet/ iron dome with coals/wood

slow cook… 

Will do thanks 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,043
    eddiec said:
    Southeast Asia Food Marlet in a park in Philly.  Runs all summer on weekends.
    10 yr old is finally game to join and eat all sorts of stuff with me.
    Sugarcane drink
    Stuffed wings
    Chicken gizzards
    Egg rolls, multiple revisits
    Fried banana, son had 4 pieces
    Chicken satay
    Pork stick
    Crab stock
    Spicy Cambodian sausage 
    Yucca dessert
    And a to-go which is a must, a super spicy Papaya Salad (a non-intrusive pic of the woman making it at her table, can see some of the ingredients).  This is the fucking bomb.

Didn't get pics of many items but the was breakfast and lunch at once, and for all that we probably spent $45.  
    Amazing stuff.

Papaya salad is so good.
    How many stalls are there in total?
    Mmmmmm, don't know.  I'd guess 50?  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,893
    always compliment the gas station attendant on his pepper plants!
    My cast iron skillet has been passed down to me. Probably a solid 50 years of cooking history on that. Keep that sucker well seasoned. I read that a sign of a well seasoned (oiled) pan is if eggs don't stick to it. A little tlc goes a long way. The heat transferred on that does magical things to food. 
    Anyway.......
    Loujoe said:
    always compliment the gas station attendant on his pepper plants!
    That looks amazing! I’ll be right over 😉
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Sunday Breakfast
    Sunday Dinner

www.myspace.com
    Alright! Grilled chix details?
    Got some 'jam' strawberries (beat up) and a few hot peppers from my garden. cooked up a batch of hot pepper strawberry jam.  So much fun canning up stuff.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    My wife got me a Blackstone for my bday last month. Really liking this thing so far.  Breakfast on there is great and smash burgers are so easy.  Cheese steaks are up next...

My wife got me a Blackstone for my bday last month. Really liking this thing so far.  Breakfast on there is great and smash burgers are so easy.  Cheese steaks are up next...

Nice I’m going to get one of those after Labor Day catch a sale! I can’t eat burgers any other way but smash they are super enjoy looking really good 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    ^ Yeah that is great.

I was going to buy the griddle insert for my weber but then I was gifted one for my birthday...only its like half the size I need, and I am the absolute laziest person in the world when it comes to returning shit. So what will likely happen is I will end up not using this one and, out of fear of insulting the people who bought it for me, I won't buy a larger one either. Long story short: this is why I always just ask for gift certificates birthday/xmas. 

Agreed on the smash burgers though--that's basically the only kind of burger I enjoy now
    www.myspace.com
    Raided my moms garden for tomato’s / cucumbers, some greens

balsamic chicken, tofu, hard boiled egg, pumpkin seeds, self titled album 😉, homemade croutons
    CROJAM95 said:
    Raided my moms garden for tomato’s / cucumbers, some greens

balsamic chicken, tofu, hard boiled egg, pumpkin seeds, self titled album 😉, homemade croutons
    Great looking salad enjoy nothing better than fresh veggies 
    Inspiring combo
    edited August 17
    My wife is in the baking mode today! Cherry & blueberry cheesecake & Peach Pie 
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    Yes please Jose!
    Damn Jose…. She’s a keeper!!
    Get_Right said:
    Yes please Jose!
    CROJAM95 said:
    Damn Jose…. She’s a keeper!!
    😃 damn tasty Adam had a slice of both after dinner last night! Been married 31 years so I’d say she’s definitely my keeper and favorite chef! 
    Do you have a pool house? Asking for a friend.

Those Loujoe said:

Shitaki mushrooms love them! 
    Hit a farmer's market got a box of mixed mushrooms,bread and toasted up some of my garlic. Yum. Could use shaved parm cheese and a good dose of cracked pepper. 
    Something to be said for the pure flavor you get from just a few ingredients.
    Loujoe said:
    Hit a farmer's market got a box of mixed mushrooms,bread and toasted up some of my garlic. Yum. Could use shaved parm cheese and a good dose of cracked pepper. 
    Loujoe said:
    Something to be said for the pure flavor you get from just a few ingredients.
    No doubt last night we had breaded fried eggplant topped with tomatoes mozzarella and pesto it was just perfect but simple I drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a perfect combo! 
    edited August 18
    Grabbed a fatty hunk of pork. Assuming pork shoulder. Have it marinating in 'hot coconut vinigar' I got as a gift (never tried it) soy sauce. Added ginger and Serrano peppers. Plan to cook it tomorrow.
    Loujoe said:
    Grabbed a fatty hunk of pork. Assuming pork shoulder. Have it marinating in 'hot coconut vinigar' I got as a gift (never tried it) soy sauce. Added ginger and Serrano peppers. Plan to cook it tomorrow.
    Please post pictures I’ve never heard of hot coconut vinegar? Sounds interesting look forward to your results