The Food Thread

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    eddiec said:
    rgambs said:
    And baked beans for breakfast...I know that's a thing in Britain, and I know they aren't known for their culinary arts, but that's one that should catch on!
    In Ireland as well. My wife believes baked beans on toast is an actual meal. Craziness.  ;)
    Take that back!  Your wife is a genius!  Beans on toast is a wonderfully soothing comfort meal.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    lol just make Huevos Rancheros it has everything needed for a complete breakfast 🍳 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    Sorry, but I don't have any food to talk about, but I thought some of ya's could give me a suggestion?

I'm looking for a new Air Fryer. I had a  Ninja but it only last about 2-3 months when the food would stick too much to the Grill. I'd like to get a combo Fryer that can Grill.( I like cooking on the outdoor grill, but can't too much right now with the cold winter). Unless, some have a good experience cooking meats(Steaks, Burgers, Chicken, etc.) that comes out as well in just an Air Fryer? I also would like to get one that is a good enough size where I could cook 3-4   4-8 OZ. Steaks. 

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks !
    We actually just got a Ninja air fryer. Aren't they supposed to be good? Was the food sticking your only issue with it?

My wife has made a bunch of things so far and we are fans. Frying up the eggplant in there for eggplant parm was surprisingly good last week. 

Sorry I couldn't help. Any other air fryer recipes/ideas out there?
    The first couple of Months it worked really well. The food started to stick to the Grill and it got worse as I used it more. 

When I Air-Fry it still works well.
    Barbecue spare ribs w/ corn & mashed potatoes to celebrate MLK day 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Nice! I did ribs yesterday. Were solid. 

Today I believe to be one of F me’s favs

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Those look amazing. You are having one of my favorite meals ever!!!
    Oven-baked baby back ribs with a KC rub and dark and stormy rum bbq sauce.  Served with garlic and paprika seasoned steak fries and coleslaw.

“You gonna eat that?”

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Ohhhh yeah. 
    Did one last week.
    This is a top ten meal, at any time.
    Looks great.  Did you roast breast down or is that just how it looks?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Rocking some TKG this morning.

Hit with a little soy....perfect!

Good morning 😃 enjoy I’ll have some toast with mine !
    Oven-baked baby back ribs with a KC rub and dark and stormy rum bbq sauce.  Served with garlic and paprika seasoned steak fries and coleslaw.

Nice ooh steak fries yummy 

You can never go wrong with this^^^^ enjoy..
    GlowGirl said:
    Those look amazing. You are having one of my favorite meals ever!!!
    So tasty I can only them once in a while so says my endocrinologist ughh 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

No Natto? Flaked salmon?  What does TKG mean?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Did pork roast in air fryer tonight. Still prefer it grilled with BBQ sauce, but was pretty damn good for a change of pace. 
    Tomago kake gohan 

Had to try and spell that about ten times, hope it is right.  Fuck you, autocorrect!

I love Natto but my wife can't stand....not sure where I would order that round here and I'm still not going to restaurants or grocery....but I always get it at my sushi joint.

Don't have salmon flakes but it would no doubt be improved by them.

Does your wife make this or a better variation?

Get_Right said:

No Natto? Flaked salmon?  What does TKG mean?
    Sorry forgot to copy in....my response is above this.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Never tried TKG but it's kinda popular in Hawaii I typically just go for Spam and eggs when I lived there.haha I should try it. It looks good.

Since we're on Japanese food. Anyone tried okonomiyaki before? If not, you're welcome.
    I want to eat that now.

Need the damn Rona to be done with us.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I want to eat that now.

It's pretty easy to make. You can get everything you need from H Mart. Idk how far you are from Cherry Hill. 
    I want to eat that now.

It's pretty easy to make. You can get everything you need from H Mart. Idk how far you are from Cherry Hill. 
    Where I live....just would need them to deliver.  Still on delivery only.  
    Tomago kake gohan 

Had to try and spell that about ten times, hope it is right.  Fuck you, autocorrect!

I love Natto but my wife can't stand....not sure where I would order that round here and I'm still not going to restaurants or grocery....but I always get it at my sushi joint.

Ahhh got it and I think that spelling is right.  There are so many variations of that dish.  Kind of like chili, everyone has their own version.  We definitely have it with natto, but we have also added tororo or mountain yam, salmon, furikake (many different types), grated daikon, Japanese sausages (basically hot dogs), and whatever leftover protein we have lying around.  But always with spicy chinese yellow mustard.

My wife also makes okonomiyaki at least once a month. So good. Okonomiyaki is also like a blank canvas with many different versions.  We tend to add pork belly and squid to ours and I like it crispy and on the thinner side while my kids like it to be thick and mushy. We do takoyaki at home as well.  We are lucky to have a great Japanese market that is not too far away. Man I spend so much at that place. We did tekka don over the weekend with chu toro. So good. I am not a huge fan of H Mart, but they do have a great meat selection. I guess I would love H Mart if I did not have a couple of Japanese options nearby.
    Get_Right said:
    Tomago kake gohan 

Ahhh got it and I think that spelling is right.  There are so many variations of that dish.  Kind of like chili, everyone has their own version.  We definitely have it with natto, but we have also added tororo or mountain yam, salmon, furikake (many different types), grated daikon, Japanese sausages (basically hot dogs), and whatever leftover protein we have lying around.  But always with spicy chinese yellow mustard.

My wife also makes okonomiyaki at least once a month. So good. Okonomiyaki is also like a blank canvas with many different versions.  We tend to add pork belly and squid to ours and I like it crispy and on the thinner side while my kids like it to be thick and mushy. We do takoyaki at home as well.  We are lucky to have a great Japanese market that is not too far away. Man I spend so much at that place. We did tekka don over the weekend with chu toro. So good. I am not a huge fan of H Mart, but they do have a great meat selection. I guess I would love H Mart if I did not have a couple of Japanese options nearby.

Holy shit you just mentioned a whole lot of good stuff!  Love the idea of a leftover meat/fish item being joined by spicy mustard.
    So - if you mustard, do you soy as well?  Or dodge that?

I am 100% going to check some okonomiyaki out. 
    Takoyaki is wonderful.  Had a Japanese friend when we lived in LA who used to bring this to us.  One of my favorites.
    Tekkadon - drool!
    Need to find a good Japanese market.  Was totally spoiled by Murakai locations in SoCal, miss that store so much.  I would wander the aisles and try so much random shit. 

Yes soy except with Natto or if the protein is leftover teriyaki. Must have the mustard.  It is really not great quality, but once you are hooked, you have to have it. 
    https://saqramart.com/category/select/pid/13250?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ZOH59yq7gIViv_ICh238AP8EAQYASABEgL3RfD_BwE
    I love hitting up the Japanese market. We are lucky, they even carry fresh wasabi even though it is like $50 a lb.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Poke bowl

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Poke bowl

Looks good bro!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What exactly is a poke bowl? Never had one. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Poke bowl

Holy Christ that looks good. Well done. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    What exactly is a poke bowl? Never had one. 
    Someone else can probably better explain, but it’s raw fish with rice and assortment of vegetable options. It’s so damn good and healthy to boot. I had some amazing poke on vacation in Nassau right before Covid hit. Haven’t had it since unfortunately.