The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    A piece of chicken, yes/no?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    A piece of chicken, yes/no?
    Nah, was fat enough the the breakfast sandwich and donut
    Don't hate the plating haha. Came out damn good.
    Holy hell dude. That is impressive 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Sunday Ragu with pork ribs, pancetta, shaved Pecorino.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    As always, the pics looks fantastic!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've never had pork ribs in a style anything like this...I would love to try something like that someday, but I don't trust myself to be the chef, gourmet italian is outside my skill set.
    Hell, when I make "italian" it's usually a spaghetti casserole lol 🤷‍♂️
    It may be FAR from haute cuisine, but we like it just fine 😂
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I got some Tuscan Italian coming a bit later

I haven’t done pork ribs in ragu either, often pork neck bones for flavor but ribs sounds like a good idea 
    bbiggs said:
    Covid anniversary dinner. First time in 12 years we haven’t gone out to eat. F Covid. Can’t wait for next year. 

Looks awesome. What do we have going on here?

nice bottle of cab!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    Covid anniversary dinner. First time in 12 years we haven’t gone out to eat. F Covid. Can’t wait for next year. 

Looks awesome. What do we have going on here?

nice bottle of cab!
    Thanks man. Salmon with cucumber and edamame purée. Mussels, wedge salad and stuffed jalapeño with chorizo. Wife had filet. The cab was really good. Definitely a splurge for special occasions. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sunday pasta with meatballs.  My wife started the meatballs in the air fryer, then into the sauce and I swear they were the best meatballs she ever made.  Everyone Have a great week!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Chicken Paprikas(h) on gnocchi.
    I did not make the gnocchi lol
    Ribollita...Tuscan kale, bean and bread stew. So good

^ Damn lot of great Sunday meals going on!  Looks excellent all around. 
    Wow people ate well today!
    Great stuff.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sunday pasta with meatballs.  My wife started the meatballs in the air fryer, then into the sauce and I swear they were the best meatballs she ever made.  Everyone Have a great week!

Looks great dude. I second the air fryer meatballs. They come out unreal
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    So many good meals tonight. It all looks delicious. I may have to hit up some you for some recipes. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:

Happy anniversary!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Happy anniversary!
    Thanks pal! 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Wow amazing food today had by many!! ^^ I went to my Dad's house for a belated Christmas celebration and we had jalapeno pimento cheese, chicken salad with bacon and cheese, another chicken  salad with grapes and almonds, French bread, a mixed green salad and chili. Still full from lunch. My Dad busted out Rumchata and root beer shots to go along with our coconut cake dessert. So unlike him, he rarely drinks and when he does it's an aged bourbon. It was so super, sickly sweet but fun to cheers with him nonetheless.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2021
    Sorry, but I don't have any food to talk about, but I thought some of ya's could give me a suggestion?

I'm looking for a new Air Fryer. I had a  Ninja but it only last about 2-3 months when the food would stick too much to the Grill. I'd like to get a combo Fryer that can Grill.( I like cooking on the outdoor grill, but can't too much right now with the cold winter). Unless, some have a good experience cooking meats(Steaks, Burgers, Chicken, etc.) that comes out as well in just an Air Fryer? I also would like to get one that is a good enough size where I could cook 3-4   4-8 OZ. Steaks. 

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks !
    Post edited by cutz on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Just finished off the last of the homemade split pea soup that I made with the leftover ham bone from New Years dinner.  So tonight we had 1/4 chicken pieces, pan-fried potatoes with green onions and baked brown beans.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Tonight was spaghetti and meatballs 

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    cutz said:
    Sorry, but I don't have any food to talk about, but I thought some of ya's could give me a suggestion?

I'm looking for a new Air Fryer. I had a  Ninja but it only last about 2-3 months when the food would stick too much to the Grill. I'd like to get a combo Fryer that can Grill.( I like cooking on the outdoor grill, but can't too much right now with the cold winter). Unless, some have a good experience cooking meats(Steaks, Burgers, Chicken, etc.) that comes out as well in just an Air Fryer? I also would like to get one that is a good enough size where I could cook 3-4   4-8 OZ. Steaks. 

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks !
    We actually just got a Ninja air fryer. Aren't they supposed to be good? Was the food sticking your only issue with it?

My wife has made a bunch of things so far and we are fans. Frying up the eggplant in there for eggplant parm was surprisingly good last week. 

Sorry I couldn't help. Any other air fryer recipes/ideas out there?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah I thought we had a few air fryer loving folks on here....think there will be some comments for you, Cutz

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Fresh grated Carrot cake & chicken cutlets ready for parmigiana, happy Sunday! Anyone cooking anything special tomorrow to celebrate MLK day?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Weird the cutlet picture didn’t post 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Nice!
    Kid is off school but we both work tomorrow, nothing special cooking up.
    Anybody put beans in their scrambled eggs?  So good...
    And baked beans for breakfast...I know that's a thing in Britain, and I know they aren't known for their culinary arts, but that's one that should catch on!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited January 2021
    rgambs said:
    And baked beans for breakfast...I know that's a thing in Britain, and I know they aren't known for their culinary arts, but that's one that should catch on!
    In Ireland as well. My wife believes baked beans on toast is an actual meal. Craziness.  ;)
    Post edited by eddiec on