Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    READ THIS MONTHS NEWSLETTER.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    Finally coming....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Finally coming....

man they kept us on the edge for quite a while.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Hopefully this is not an update we will be talking about in six months time.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,965
    more vinyl being sold...........weird.  No production issues with purple Ten?
    though, to be fair, they've had the stampers for Ten cut for years. Its just a matter of ordering. The singles needed cuts.

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,486
    So....they are doing vinyl in house now?

Hmm....could vinyl singles be easier to produce in the future? Could we see the return of the yearly vinyl???
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    though, to be fair, they've had the stampers for Ten cut for years. Its just a matter of ordering. The singles needed cuts.

I'd assume that Ten got produced via Sony/Epic Legacy.

The 10C singles never had a Sony/Epic logo on them, correct?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So....they are doing vinyl in house now?

Hmm....could vinyl singles be easier to produce in the future? Could we see the return of the yearly vinyl???
    So could they mean doing the magazine in house? A record presser is a serious piece of kit.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    It’s a fucking Christmas miracle!
  • Options
    Still no date. Could be 2021 or 2022. 
  • Options

I'd assume that Ten got produced via Sony/Epic Legacy.

The 10C singles never had a Sony/Epic logo on them, correct?
    The old singles had Sony/Epic notes. Since going alone, they haven't had a label on them. I'm sure PJ has their say on their catalog albums though. So yeah, done through Sony, but clearly, the band/club get the heads up or are very involved.
  • Options
    Looks like we're getting "Wildflowers" with "Keep Me In Your Heart" for one of them and 2 Cornell/Soundgarden covers for the other. "Missing" which is a Superunknown outtake and something else. Probably Sunshower. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    Looks like we're getting "Wildflowers" with "Keep Me In Your Heart" for one of them and 2 Cornell/Soundgarden covers for the other. "Missing" which is a Superunknown outtake and something else. Probably Sunshower. 
    Hunted Down and Missing.  The mp3 is in your downloads.
  • Options
    Come on. Theres a pic of them sleeving them in the newsletter. Its gonna be in the next 2-3 months. 

• Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    So...once these are delivered you'll be cancelling your 10c membership, correct?
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    At least they finally gave us an update. Looking forward to spinning these songs on vinyl. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    this is going to be a hell of a christmas
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    So...once these are delivered you'll be cancelling your 10c membership, correct?
    You writing a book Judy Bloom?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    yay!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    The only time that the 10c responds is when pressure is applied to them. I've been mocked for reaching out to the Washington AG's office but guess what? It worked. They gave an official response in the October 2019 monthly email. We would never have received any word from the 10c unless I had reached out to the AG.

The next and last time we received an official update was 7 months ago in the April monthly email. I can not prove that I had anything to do with that but I was applying pressure to them in ways that I didn't discuss on this board. It was either my actions or just dumb luck that we heard from the Ten Club right after I was doing what I was doing.

I backed off for many months and gave them a chance to make it right. Now it is clearly time to start applying pressure again. If you don't agree, I don't blame you. Here we are applying pressure on the board again and if I have time, I'll continue doing what I started doing back in March to try and pressure them.

It is not unreasonable to ask for an update for items you paid for 2 years ago regardless of what the naysayers want you to believe.
    Over dramatic doesn’t begin to describe this post. 
    I don’t think it’s dramatic, the guy has a point. A company took thousands of dollars from a group of people and never provided agreed upon goods. I think it’s called stealing. A simple update from the ten club is not asking much and would resolve most of this. 
    I remember being this angry when I went through the drive through at McDonalds and I didn’t realize they forgot the fries until I was a mile down the road.  I also felt this could be called stealing. Then I enjoyed my cheese burger and moved on from it.  

You would be completely in your right to go back and get the fries you were owed.  The two big differences in your analogy though are that your missing $1 fries were much less valuable than what's expected from the 10C.  Second, if McDonald's was 'forgetting' to provide fries to EVERY customer, that would be a major issue and I can guarantee that there would be lawsuits and/or some kind of escalated pressure on them to stop the false advertising and ripping off of customers.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    It's clear there are 3 sides here.  Those who don't care one way or another that they aren't getting what they paid for, because they don't think it's a big deal.  The second group are very vocal that Pearl Jam and the 10C don't owe us anything, and look at the membership dues as almost a donation to the band, arguing that they've given us enough, so fans shouldn't complain.  The third group look at the 10C as a business, and membership dues are paid for an advertised service and provided goods.

I'm in the third group, but I see the points of the other two.  In the universe of who I don't mind giving money to with nothing in return, it would be Pearl Jam.  In the universe of things to gripe about, this is far down the list.  However, facts are facts, and the fact is that 10C is a business that advertises specific goods and services are to be provided in return for payment towards a membership.  Not providing what is advertised is a clear issue of false advertising and/or poor customer service.  I don't expect to not pay and receive 10C benefits, and conversely I don't expect to pay and not receive said services.  If you want to donate to Pearl Jam or the 10C, fine, but this isn't a charity service.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

You can not tell me that 5 dudes collectively worth almost $400 million dollars can't produce a handful of vinyl singles. The longer this goes on, the more nefarious it seems and becomes. 
    So Pearl Jam, a very successful touring band with a strong merchandising arm who make hundreds of thousands for playing a single concert, decide out of the blue to rip off tens of thousands of fans (the smaller portion of their fanbase) for 2 years of fan club dues, equal to probably as much as playing 1 concert, and their end game for this is, what exactly?

Yes, the delay has been ridiculous as well, but we have the mp3s and pdfs, we are closer to getting these than not. I do think 10c can be bad at communicating stuff, but "nefarious" is pretty laughable.

Agreed, good post.  I don't believe for a moment that any of this is nefarious, that would be antithetical to all this band has shown and stood for and the reason most of us are fans.  I do think that the 10C and the band are run somewhat separately and whether there's a disconnect between the two or mismanagement, there is clearly an issue with the business model right now.
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    the issue is, that you are apart of a fan club. you consider yourself a big fan of pearl jam or you would not have joined said fan club, therefore, there is a special place in your heart for said band.  the band you enjoy/love/like/etc is/was basically saying, we dont care about you as fans. that sucks. that is why people were agitated by all of this. no more, no less.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    Thank you Ten Club... looking forward to these in the mail!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    It's clear there are 3 sides here.  Those who don't care one way or another that they aren't getting what they paid for, because they don't think it's a big deal.  The second group are very vocal that Pearl Jam and the 10C don't owe us anything, and look at the membership dues as almost a donation to the band, arguing that they've given us enough, so fans shouldn't complain.  The third group look at the 10C as a business, and membership dues are paid for an advertised service and provided goods.

I'm in the third group, but I see the points of the other two.  In the universe of who I don't mind giving money to with nothing in return, it would be Pearl Jam.  In the universe of things to gripe about, this is far down the list.  However, facts are facts, and the fact is that 10C is a business that advertises specific goods and services are to be provided in return for payment towards a membership.  Not providing what is advertised is a clear issue of false advertising and/or poor customer service.  I don't expect to not pay and receive 10C benefits, and conversely I don't expect to pay and not receive said services.  If you want to donate to Pearl Jam or the 10C, fine, but this isn't a charity service.
    to dive deeper on this, I think all fans do have had common ground on 2 points. Everyone WANTS their singles and the other point is that we know 10c could communicate better and that it is bad business to treat fans like this (seems like every merch drop gets has people less interested). 

The real divides here are one group believes PJ will come through because they do make things right so people are fine waiting, and the other is worried they won't or that its a scam and need validation that it isn't. But those 2 lenses make the points that we all agree on are perceived differently by the opposing side. I don't think group 2 is a real group or if it is, its a few dozen people. 
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Clapper said:
    You writing a book Judy Bloom?
    I am, as it happens. The protagonist in my book, spends a considerable about of time crying foul, espousing virtue and admonishing hypocrisy...only to turn out to be as full of it as everyone else when the book wraps up. Again, the question was, will you be terminating your membership as threatened or nah?
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    And these are the last PJ Fan Club Singles that will ever be produced?
    :(
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Spoken said:
    And these are the last PJ Fan Club Singles that will ever be produced?
    :(
    yeah, now that they are pressing vinyl in house, that's a damn good time to quit, right?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    We don't know if they are pressing them in-house. Assembling them to ship, sure.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Finally!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden