Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I love that if you aren't fist clenched outraged over this = you have no spine and people walk over you. 

Yup, I guess I’m spineless. Sure, they need to send these out. That being said, I’m not going to call a damn lawyer about it or lose any sleep. I have more important things to worry about & it’ll be a nice surprise when they show up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I love that if you aren't fist clenched outraged over this = you have no spine and people walk over you. 

Clueless buddy. Never said that Timmy. Just my opinion . 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mfc2006 said:

Yup, I guess I’m spineless. Sure, they need to send these out. That being said, I’m not going to call a damn lawyer about it or lose any sleep. I have more important things to worry about & it’ll be a nice surprise when they show up.
    i personally don't take offence to that. there are two very polarizing opinions in this thread that are the minority and, of course, the loudest. 

most of us fall in the middle: we generally forget about it until we see this thread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited February 2021
    mfc2006 said:

i personally don't take offence to that. there are two very polarizing opinions in this thread that are the minority and, of course, the loudest. 

most of us fall in the middle: we generally forget about it until we see this thread. 
    That was supposed to be a reply to the restaurant analogy. Not sure what happened there.

I'm sure something like that has happened to most of us. And I walk out after about the third time I'm told my food is on the way and it isn't here yet.  That's happened at least a couple times.  Unfortunately there aren't other official PJ fan clubs to go to. So our only option is to complain if we want to keep the other benefits.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    The only problem with the restaurant analogy is that the single is not analogous to the steak.  The tickets are the steak.  The single is more like they forgot to refill your water. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Release the last two vinyl “holiday singles” already!  And 10C why you’re at it, please offer PJ 7” crates again...I need another one and supply has dried up on the secondary market.  
    #firstworldproblems
    Heading back to the rock I crawled out from under.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    The only problem with the restaurant analogy is that the single is not analogous to the steak.  The tickets are the steak.  The single is more like they forgot to refill your water. 
    Half the yearly dues were essentially for the single, water is free. So to go with the restaurant analogy, you order a steak dinner plate that comes with a baked potato, salad and grilled veggies. They only bring out a steak. Sure, the steak is what I was really mostly interested in, but I would have gotten the steak a la mode and paid half as much if I didn't want the sides. 
    The only reason I was analog was this vinyl. Thats half the cost of membership. As soon as they did away with it that was an easy choice to go digital. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    on2legs said:
    the problem with any analogy (in the context of this club and its benefits) is that nothing is really comparable in any real way. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    Half the yearly dues were essentially for the single, water is free. So to go with the restaurant analogy, you order a steak dinner plate that comes with a baked potato, salad and grilled veggies. They only bring out a steak. Sure, the steak is what I was really mostly interested in, but I would have gotten the steak a la mode and paid half as much if I didn't want the sides. 
    The only reason I was analog was this vinyl. Thats half the cost of membership. As soon as they did away with it that was an easy choice to go digital. 
    But the single is free... just like the water.  The shirt is $20 in the shop and the bootleg code is $10.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    the problem with any analogy (in the context of this club and its benefits) is that nothing is really comparable in any real way. 
    But I’m ready for a nice steak dinner now :smile:

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    i'm having steak tonight. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    But the single is free... just like the water.  The shirt is $20 in the shop and the bootleg code is $10.  

Bingo.

$20 gets ticket access, member sales and contests, forum access, 10C radio.

$20 additional was good for the download, the shirt, the record and a magazine.

A few of them from past years are in the shop for something like $10+shipping. The $20 extra definitely got more than $20 of stuff.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    the singles sell for $10. 

honestly, the "free" portion of the membership really resides in the eye of beholder. To me, I couldn't give two shits about the shirt, so that's the free part (I liked the "alive" one). to some it's the single. to others it's posting on this board. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    i'm having steak tonight. LOL

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    The single is not free. Its an extra $20 for analog membership. Sure, you can itemize everything to say you didn't pay full retail. That doesn't make it free. I paid more for analog membership. I got a vinyl as part of that expense. There is no definition of free that meets that.
    Back to the steak dinner then. Okay, they forget to bring your baked potato, but you get steak, salad and veggies. Would you tell your waiter to forget about it, because the price of the steak + salad + veggies is the cost of the meal if you were to order everything a la carte ( i just realized I said a la mode earlier, I do no recommend ice cream with steak)? Or would you tell your waiter you paid for the dinner plate and you want your baked potato? It doesn't matter what they sell everything separately for, you paid for the bundle. you wouldn't be satisfied if the waiter just said "yeah I know we advertised baked potato, but we actually don't cook those here. I don't know why its on the menu as part of the dinner. here, have some free water and now we're square."
    If that still sounds fair to you, I have some box sets to sell you. Might not have all the vinyl, but you'll get what I think you should pay for it.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,838
    What if you are vegetarian?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    you get your membership revoked and a horse head placed in your bed
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

A few of them from past years are in the shop for something like $10+shipping. The $20 extra definitely got more than $20 of stuff.

paying less =/= free. Just because you got a "deal" by buying a bundle doesn't make any of it free. Bottom line is I paid for a single as part of a bundle, and I do not have the single. Therefore I paid for something that was never delivered.
    Now as others have said, I really don't think about it until I see this thread. its not that big of a deal. I just don't understand why anyone can defend this. What if it was the digital download they decided to take away? What if they just decided to not offer any tickets to the fan club? How would that be any different?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I'd be asking why did you order the steak dinner then?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    you get your membership revoked and a horse head placed in your bed
    Wow. That's creative, brutal and AWESOME!!
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why anyone thinks it matters what the built in cost of the single is. it's part of the agreement. the worth is the band's/club's ability to make good on a contract, which is what this is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

paying less =/= free. Just because you got a "deal" by buying a bundle doesn't make any of it free. Bottom line is I paid for a single as part of a bundle, and I do not have the single. Therefore I paid for something that was never delivered.
    Now as others have said, I really don't think about it until I see this thread. its not that big of a deal. I just don't understand why anyone can defend this. What if it was the digital download they decided to take away? What if they just decided to not offer any tickets to the fan club? How would that be any different?
    I don’t defend it.  It’s lousy customer service.  I just don’t get the outrage.  

• Options
    I'm not really sure why anyone thinks it matters what the built in cost of the single is. it's part of the agreement. the worth is the band's/club's ability to make good on a contract, which is what this is. 
    The only part of the contract most people care about are the tickets.  Hence... if the restaurant cooked me the best steak ever I’m not really going to ask to speak to the manager because I don’t get a refill on my water.  

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

Is posting in the appropriate place and talking about it really outrage though?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

Is posting in the appropriate place and talking about it really outrage though?
    I think most people here do fine with discussing it.  And a select few are outraged and obsessed.  

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

Others itemizing what we get and saying the single is just a free bonus, despite that it is part of the built in cost of membership, and that is silly to complain about, is defending it. 
     I don't think anyone here is outraged. Annoyed and disappointed is probably more accurate. If they announce tomorrow that they will not be shipping them out and there will be no refunds or credit I will still keep my membership as long as I have a chance of seeing them play. I will lose a lot of respect for the band and anyone involved in the club if that happens. That's not being outraged. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

Others itemizing what we get and saying the single is just a free bonus, despite that it is part of the built in cost of membership, and that is silly to complain about, is defending it. 
     I don't think anyone here is outraged. Annoyed and disappointed is probably more accurate. If they announce tomorrow that they will not be shipping them out and there will be no refunds or credit I will still keep my membership as long as I have a chance of seeing them play. I will lose a lot of respect for the band and anyone involved in the club if that happens. That's not being outraged. 
    There are people outraged here. To wit: Someone filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s office over the single. Others have suggested a lawsuit. 

• Options
    Just mail us our records. Please and thank you. It's important to keep this as front page news till we get another update as to what's up. IMHO.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

Bingo.

There are people outraged here. To wit: Someone filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s office over the single. Others have suggested a lawsuit. 
    Okay, that's dumb. Very few are outraged, most just disappointed and annoyed.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    The only part of the contract most people care about are the tickets.  Hence... if the restaurant cooked me the best steak ever I’m not really going to ask to speak to the manager because I don’t get a refill on my water.  
    that's simply not true. you are assuming most are from places the band visits. this club has NEVER been about the tickets for me, and I've seen several post the same. I've seen the band 5 times, Ed once. I scored 10 club tickets once, well, scratch that, twice, but the most recent example was cancelled due to covid. 

and even if it is true, it's not relevant. if any business sells a package, they do so to market to a diverse group, some who want item A the most, some who want item B the most, some who want both items A and B equally. so they are beholden to deliver the entire package to the entire group. 

that's the entire reason they split into two tiers of membership. 

what you aren't getting is that, honestly, you are kind of arrogantly assuming what is most important to you is what should be most important to everyone. that tickets are the steak. they aren't, to everybody. there is no right answer as to what is the most important. 

I continue to find it kind of funny those accusing others of being "obsessed" with the singles are also the people obsessed with the people obsessed with the singles. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com