Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    bazzer said:
    Hopefully this is not an update we will be talking about in six months time.
     =)

I will be glad when these finally arrive so we can shut this down. Although I'm sure some people won't get theirs or there will be issues but I hope those get sorted quickly! 
    Well they'll still be 3 years behind on Deeps, which supposedly still come every year...? Those seem like they would take more effort to make than a single, yet the single gets canceled. 😫
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 178
    I ordered Glen Hansards live album back in December of last year.  Dublin vinyl has been updating throughout the whole process and explaining in detail as to why the delay is happening with this release.  I quick email to give us a heads up is all we are asking for (other than we are asking for what we paid for ......years ago) 
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    Hey guys. Thanks for the newsletter today. Wish you would have given us some type of update on these as well as an eta on vault vinyl shipping. Can we get a little info please and thank you

I Second that last post!
     Come on Ten Club you were paid to take care of this situation long ago.  I started watching for my package in the mail after Nov 10th after you said it would be mailed now it is Mar. 10th and. still nothing.......   My membership is up for renewal this Month and I am trying to find a good reason to bother.  Been a PAID member since 1992. 
    So what is it I am paying for now again?  The monthly on-line newsletter for members????  Not really worth $20 I have been a digital member for 2 years now (was Analog member for all the years before that)  and the contest prizes are weak now nothing special like they used to be, there has not been a new issue of DEEP since 2018 , and obviously due to pandemic no chance of even a chance for getting into a lottery (which I have only ever won ONE once since lottery went into effect) for fan club seat tickets for concerts.  SO what is it paid member fans are getting that a non paid fan can't  get from this  web site for free ?  Besides keeping my fan club member number?   We very rarely get discount codes for buying Merch. 
    Bottom line I love this band and always will but this fan club is a far cry from what it used to be.  SEND ME WHAT I PAID FOR PLEASE.  

To any one who wants to roll your eyes after reading this go right ahead.  We are going to keep complaining because the fan club is in the wrong on this one and they need to fix the situation by at least letting us know what is going on.  Not sure why someone would read this topic unless you were owed the singles you paid for also but  but haters are always gonna hate.  

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    NewJPage said:
    bazzer said:
    Hopefully this is not an update we will be talking about in six months time.
     =)

I will be glad when these finally arrive so we can shut this down. Although I'm sure some people won't get theirs or there will be issues but I hope those get sorted quickly! 
    Well they'll still be 3 years behind on Deeps, which supposedly still come every year...? Those seem like they would take more effort to make than a single, yet the single gets canceled. 😫
    True but this thread is specifically for the singles. 😬

Yeah, the Deeps are next but they've had heaps of time during lockdown... 🤔
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 786
    Maybe 10C should note that there is less passion for the DEEP magazines versus the annual singles.  With DEEP not being done as they went, it will be a negligible (club member) experience when a 3 year old fanzine arrives.  
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    Hey guys. Thanks for the newsletter today. Wish you would have given us some type of update on these as well as an eta on vault vinyl shipping. Can we get a little info please and thank you

I Second that last post!
     Come on Ten Club you were paid to take care of this situation long ago.  I started watching for my package in the mail after Nov 10th after you said it would be mailed now it is Mar. 10th and. still nothing.......   My membership is up for renewal this Month and I am trying to find a good reason to bother.  Been a PAID member since 1992. 
    So what is it I am paying for now again?  The monthly on-line newsletter for members????  Not really worth $20 I have been a digital member for 2 years now (was Analog member for all the years before that)  and the contest prizes are weak now nothing special like they used to be, there has not been a new issue of DEEP since 2018 , and obviously due to pandemic no chance of even a chance for getting into a lottery (which I have only ever won ONE once since lottery went into effect) for fan club seat tickets for concerts.  SO what is it paid member fans are getting that a non paid fan can't  get from this  web site for free ?  Besides keeping my fan club member number?   We very rarely get discount codes for buying Merch. 
    Bottom line I love this band and always will but this fan club is a far cry from what it used to be.  SEND ME WHAT I PAID FOR PLEASE.  

To any one who wants to roll your eyes after reading this go right ahead.  We are going to keep complaining because the fan club is in the wrong on this one and they need to fix the situation by at least letting us know what is going on.  Not sure why someone would read this topic unless you were owed the singles you paid for also but  but haters are always gonna hate.  

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,727
    5 said:

I Second that last post!

+1
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,728
    Hey guys. Thanks for the newsletter today. Wish you would have given us some type of update on these as well as an eta on vault vinyl shipping. Can we get a little info please and thank you?
    I think they only ever update us when they know for sure themselves when products will be ready. The fact that we keep getting little or nothing or no response to this thread tells me that we are a long way from ever getting these. Really is pathetic. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,027
    5 said:

To any one who wants to roll your eyes after reading this go right ahead.  We are going to keep complaining because the fan club is in the wrong on this one and they need to fix the situation by at least letting us know what is going on.  

Literally no one holds a position to the contrary. But I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that commenting here moves things along. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    edited March 2021
    5 said:

To any one who wants to roll your eyes after reading this go right ahead.  We are going to keep complaining because the fan club is in the wrong on this one and they need to fix the situation by at least letting us know what is going on.  

Literally no one holds a position to the contrary. But I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that commenting here moves things along. 
    Well, change don't come at once. It's a wave building.. Maybe fans actually vocing how this has been handled like shit by Tenclub will make one employee, or at least one intern with just a week left or something,to stand up at one of Tenclubs morning meetings and say "what the fuck are we doing? We are not treating fans like they deserve to be treated. "
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Mr. Smith Goes to Ten Club. 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    vinyl boy said:
    I ordered Glen Hansards live album back in December of last year.  Dublin vinyl has been updating throughout the whole process and explaining in detail as to why the delay is happening with this release.  I quick email to give us a heads up is all we are asking for (other than we are asking for what we paid for ......years ago) 
    Ditto. If anything, they are updating us too often. And it looks like they're finally shipping next week!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Just curious, has anyone emailed the tenclub directly to ask for an update? 
  • Options
    nutnut Posts: 5

Shipping (Ten Club)

Mar 1, 2021, 12:41 PM PST

As stated in the item description, we hope to begin shipping this product Late Winter
    Thanks
    10c

• Options
    nut said:

Shipping (Ten Club)

Mar 1, 2021, 12:41 PM PST

As stated in the item description, we hope to begin shipping this product Late Winter
    Thanks
    10c

Late winter 2021? It is late winter now
  • Options
    pearljim10pearljim10 AZ Posts: 404
    In my opinion the mailing of the holiday singles have gotten progressively worse year after year. My friend and I are both long time fan club members and would joke with each other as the holiday singles started coming a month or so late. Then the singles would come in spring of the next year. Then it became summer of the next year. The joke became “it must be a Christmas in July single now”. Then it became fall of the next year. Now we’re waiting years.

The delay in sending the holiday singles raises several questions like...
    How are we getting the releases from PJ side projects like Deaf Charlie and not the holiday singles that are years over due? 

How are other bands (non PJ related bands) producing their vinyls for their new releases? 

How are the vinyls for RSD being produced on time but not the PJ holiday singles?
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,045
    In my opinion the mailing of the holiday singles have gotten progressively worse year after year. My friend and I are both long time fan club members and would joke with each other as the holiday singles started coming a month or so late. Then the singles would come in spring of the next year. Then it became summer of the next year. The joke became “it must be a Christmas in July single now”. Then it became fall of the next year. Now we’re waiting years.

How are we getting the releases from PJ side projects like Deaf Charlie and not the holiday singles that are years over due? 

How are other bands (non PJ related bands) producing their vinyls for their new releases? 

How are the vinyls for RSD being produced on time but not the PJ holiday singles?
    we all know their reasons they've told us are utter bullshit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    edited March 2021

we all know their reasons they've told us are utter bullshit. 
    So true. They aren’t even embarrassed to put our Eds new 7”, mass produced and sold through Amazon, while sticking to their stories about the annual singles of production issues.
    Its a matter of money. Prepaid items get backlogged forever because they already have our money  and new merch gets pushed to the top to make even more.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    That’s why I think some accounting shenanigans may be in play. 
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    The band has been sitting around waiting for something to happen for a year now. If these singles were anywhere near the ballpark of priority, they'd be handled. 
  • Options
    Whats weird is we saw a picture of them getting sleeved 3-4 months ago. They also said they are being manufactured in house.
    - Are they waiting on Deeps to be printed?
    - Are they pressing and then assembling these by hand?
    - Were there production errors that led to a recall?
    - Could they only afford to press some and not all and they are waiting (with that new 6 month window) for the rest to arrive?

Actually, its all very weird. 
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 786
    The waiting drove me mad...
    where’s the 10c wax?  Late winter has passed...just ask all the kids out on spring break.
  • Options
    Technically we have 8 more days of winter 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    Whats weird is we saw a picture of them getting sleeved 3-4 months ago. They also said they are being manufactured in house.
    - Are they waiting on Deeps to be printed?
    - Are they pressing and then assembling these by hand?
    - Were there production errors that led to a recall?
    - Could they only afford to press some and not all and they are waiting (with that new 6 month window) for the rest to arrive?

Actually, its all very weird. 
    It is weird. It’s also weird that they haven’t responded in any thread with many asking for an update. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    I’d be embarrassed to not delivery an item my fans paid for 4 years ago and claim production delays as the reason, then crank out vinyl after vinyl and post them for sale. Or has Matter of Time been in production since 2016 and we just never knew?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    It does make you wonder if the money that should have been for the singles was all spent and they couldnt pay for them to be manufactured and posted.

We've seen they have been manufactured now but it will still take a serious chunk of money to pay for these to be posted. Could all be down to how much is spent in each financial year etc.

Currently Im in the group reluctant to give any more money to 10c until we get what we have paid for. By not delivering it doesnt build much trust between company and customer.

• Options
    FR181798 said:
    It does make you wonder if the money that should have been for the singles was all spent and they couldnt pay for them to be manufactured and posted.

We've seen they have been manufactured now but it will still take a serious chunk of money to pay for these to be posted. Could all be down to how much is spent in each financial year etc.

Currently Im in the group reluctant to give any more money to 10c until we get what we have paid for. By not delivering it doesnt build much trust between company and customer.

Pearl Jam and the 10C are not short on finances. Yes, the money paid 4 years ago is probably not in a separate account and ha since been spent. But whatever money they made on the bats and everything else just last month probably covers it.
  • Options
    We don’t know their financial structure. 

I would think merch sales would be separate from 10c business but 10c manages it. 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    I can’t imagine it’s anything financial related. Since we know they’ve already been designed and some produced based on the November newsletter, it makes me think it’s either a production issue and they needed to be redone. Could it be an issue releasing one of the covers, either the song or the imagery? I honestly have no clue, just a thought. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We don’t know their financial structure. 

I would think merch sales would be separate from 10c business but 10c manages it. 
    True. But they continue to collect membership fees and sell products. No matter how they structure it, if it is a financial issue then there was probably gross negligence of funds or a criminal level of misconduct by management. So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and not say it’s a financial issue. Just a don’t give a crap issue.