Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    They had to be put in 5 equal stacks for each band member to sign. This will take a lil extra time. 
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439
    FR181798 said:
    on2legs said
    It looks like the 10 Club webcam shows that Santos is almost done putting these together:

You know that isnt a real warehouse right? The background is just a big painting. Wonder if 10c warehouse is the same.
    I actually didn’t know that until I searched for the GIF and came across the story about it taking like 3 months to paint.  Pretty cool. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    I bet Pearl Jamms Tenn Club would have handled this a lot better.
    Hahahahaha
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Didn’t they say they were outsourcing mailing these? 

In past years, I would get some shipped from southern California.

But I think more recently, they've come from Seattle.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,828
    Good memory^^^^
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    on2legs said
    It looks like the 10 Club webcam shows that Santos is almost done putting these together:

You know that isnt a real warehouse right? The background is just a big painting. Wonder if 10c warehouse is the same.
    So you're saying that is a Truman Show warehouse?  Cool intel.......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    Didn’t they say they were outsourcing mailing these? 

In past years, I would get some shipped from southern California.

But I think more recently, they've come from Seattle.

I would say pretty much the majority of all 10club items have been shipped out from Fontana, CA.
    Last order I placed, Theo X Vitalogy Home Shows Caramel Set, have been shipped out from Fontana, CA.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Nothing in the newsletter today. They told us to update our addresses by Nov. 23, 2020. If they keep waiting, they will have to ask everyone to update their address again. If they were taking this situation seriously, they would have their ducks in a row and know how long this is going to take by now. The November newsletter said, "It will take a couple/few weeks to make sure addresses are finalized after the deadline. Once addresses have been finalized, we will update you on where we are in the process at that time."

It has now been a couple/few MONTHS with no updates. I don't mind waiting but they did tell us they would give us an update in a certain time period and have not. I respect Pearl Jam/Ten Club enough to renew my membership in a timely manner so I don't understand why they don't give that respect back.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Look at this stage of the game, it is clear, logistics is not a thing for them and they don't really have a great set up to make things work. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,960
    I don't know the PJ corporate structure, but I am starting to wonder if its possible the 10c is insolvent. Maybe after overhead, they may not be able to pay the outside distributor they said they were gonna use (or are at least waiting on accruing enough from 2021 fees in order to do so). It was weird that they said they were packaging the records themselves. And it was weird that they said they were hiring an outside company to ship, when, to the best of my knowledge, they ship everything themselves (maybe all boots are handled by nugs?). 

or there could be covid delays. But it is weird that they at least have the records on hand now and we haven't seen anything. 

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    I don't know the PJ corporate structure, but I am starting to wonder if its possible the 10c is insolvent. Maybe after overhead, they may not be able to pay the outside distributor they said they were gonna use (or are at least waiting on accruing enough from 2021 fees in order to do so). It was weird that they said they were packaging the records themselves. And it was weird that they said they were hiring an outside company to ship, when, to the best of my knowledge, they ship everything themselves (maybe all boots are handled by nugs?). 

or there could be covid delays. But it is weird that they at least have the records on hand now and we haven't seen anything. 

I don't know if there insolvent, but I don't know of many other bands that have their fan club operation run everything.  Usually Fan clubs seem to handle tickets, maybe an annual gift or newsletter, and that's about it.  Or sometimes their whole operation (if it's big like u2) also runs the fan club, but not the other way around.

Ten Club seems responsible for everything and it's not a very big operation.  So the band of kind of figured out a way to run their whole operating through a fan funded fan club....:)  But yah, it did cross my mind.   Those singles were supposed to come out years ago.  What if the money ended up getting used to fund operations and now it's a struggle to get the funds to press singles (and they're tied up with trying to do it cheaper)?

I suppose other theories could be the singles are find, but it's the newsletters causing the hold up.  They tend to send both out at the same time.

who knows really.  I'm sure they'll come eventually.... I can see why they chose to stop them :)

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Who knows whats going on. One things for sure, they got so far behind that its bound to be a mess to sort out. Whos due what etc.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    Zod said:

I don't know if there insolvent, but I don't know of many other bands that have their fan club operation run everything.  Usually Fan clubs seem to handle tickets, maybe an annual gift or newsletter, and that's about it.  Or sometimes their whole operation (if it's big like u2) also runs the fan club, but not the other way around.

Ten Club seems responsible for everything and it's not a very big operation.  So the band of kind of figured out a way to run their whole operating through a fan funded fan club....:)  But yah, it did cross my mind.   Those singles were supposed to come out years ago.  What if the money ended up getting used to fund operations and now it's a struggle to get the funds to press singles (and they're tied up with trying to do it cheaper)?

I suppose other theories could be the singles are find, but it's the newsletters causing the hold up.  They tend to send both out at the same time.

who knows really.  I'm sure they'll come eventually.... I can see why they chose to stop them :)

How many other things have they pressed since 2016? Its not tied up anywhere.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Did anyone ask on that phone call thing today?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    edited February 2021
    Did anyone ask on that phone call thing today?

Nope. Show is still happening. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    A bit disgraceful that no one has been held accountable for the non delivery of these physical goods. I guess unlike regular music releases there is no record company involvement as they just wouldnt get away with it. Its now been over 4 years since some people paid their membership for 2017. Something that was once great about this fanclub and for me the reason I joined has been tarnished, so sad to see things go this way. I know Im not sharing anything new here but I think we still need to keep this discussion prominent on the forum.
  • Options
    Yeah, where are these? Didn’t they show a picture in November with these in the warehouse? Any one heard any updates? 
  • Options
    My clients lose their mind when it takes two weeks to get them product some times.  Imagine telling them they have to wait 4 yrs for it.  This is beyond ridiculous now 
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    i just want to know if Biblestein and Clapper met in person to bitch circles around each other
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    i just want to know if Biblestein and Clapper met in person to bitch circles around each other
    Hey dude, don’t be a troll. A company is taking advantage of people and not providing goods that were paid for close to 4 years ago. It’s embarrassing that the tenclub is treating their fans like this, your comments are a close 2nd.I’m sorry some people have a spine and others like to be walked all over. Not the end of the world and my life is still great but enough is enough, time to complete the transaction. We have waited long enough. Ok, Braaaaad? 
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Hey dude, don’t be a troll. A company is taking advantage of people and not providing goods that were paid for close to 4 years ago. It’s embarrassing that the tenclub is treating their fans like this, your comments are a close 2nd.I’m sorry some people have a spine and others like to be walked all over. Not the end of the world and my life is still great but enough is enough, time to complete the transaction. We have waited long enough. Ok, Braaaaad? 

Considering I am the OP of this thread....eh, nevermind ya troll
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    I love that if you aren't fist clenched outraged over this = you have no spine and people walk over you. 

• Options
    Do the people that keep track what Pearl Jam "owes" them also send them additional money when they exceed expectations.  Like mail the band a check for an extra $10 when they see a show that gets 35 or 36 songs instead of a show with 30 to 32 songs?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    on2legs said:
    Do the people that keep track what Pearl Jam "owes" them also send them additional money when they exceed expectations.  Like mail the band a check for an extra $10 when they see a show that gets 35 or 36 songs instead of a show with 30 to 32 songs?
    that's not really comparable. if they specified on the ticket "a 30 song evening with Pearl Jam", maybe you'd have a case for comparison, but even then.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The honest truth is, as soon as these arrive I'm just taking them out of the shipping box and putting them in my PJ 7" crate.

Been playing these mp3s a bunch in the past year so I'm not super motivated to throw on a 7" of songs I've played the fuck out of already. 

• Options
    The honest truth is, as soon as these arrive I'm just taking them out of the shipping box and putting them in my PJ 7" crate.

Been playing these mp3s a bunch in the past year so I'm not super motivated to throw on a 7" of songs I've played the fuck out of already. 

i honestly sometimes enjoy a few whiskeys while spinning my seven inches. i'm acually looking forward to finally having the whole set. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2021
    on2legs said:
    that's not really comparable. if they specified on the ticket "a 30 song evening with Pearl Jam", maybe you'd have a case for comparison, but even then.....
    I'm talking about the people REALLY obsessed with these singles.  The answer might be no, but maybe they occasionally send the band a check when they notice the Pearl Jam side of the ledger is in the black. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I'm talking about the people REALLY obsessed with these singles.  The answer might be no, but maybe they occasionally send the band a check when they notice the Pearl Jam side of the ledger is in the black. 

paying for an experience is not the same, though. I think I get where you're going ("the band gives us so much, give them a break"), but both can be true. 

if I'm a regular at a restaurant and they consistently provide amazing service and food, but then a couple times I pay and they give me nothing....should i let it pass? No, I'm going to say something. if it's a minor infraction, yes, I let it go. But if I pay for a steak and all they bring me is my sides, I'm going to mention it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

paying for an experience is not the same, though. I think I get where you're going ("the band gives us so much, give them a break"), but both can be true. 

if I'm a regular at a restaurant and they consistently provide amazing service and food, but then a couple times I pay and they give me nothing....should i let it pass? No, I'm going to say something. if it's a minor infraction, yes, I let it go. But if I pay for a steak and all they bring me is my sides, I'm going to mention it. 
    I'm going to mark you down as a "no" in my survey.  ;)

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

And can you imagine if they told you we are working on your steak now and it should be out soon.....but then it's several months later and you are still waiting for that steak....