Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,889
    if they were just going to be lazy and keep putting out live tracks that are readily available everywhere, I'm fine with them stopping. same with the Deep magazine. that one where it was just that one guy's collection or whatever was a waste. they started out really cool; band members interviewing other bands, recipes, etc. But it became just something they obviously didn't want to bother with. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,935
    I dug that Deep with shuss's collection. I love all those historic gems. Piles of picks, setlists, stickers, random hotel keys, flyers. Dude's saved a ton of cool stuff that would have ended up trashed.
     RAK that sucker off if you still have it and don't want it.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    if they were just going to be lazy and keep putting out live tracks that are readily available everywhere, I'm fine with them stopping. same with the Deep magazine. that one where it was just that one guy's collection or whatever was a waste. they started out really cool; band members interviewing other bands, recipes, etc. But it became just something they obviously didn't want to bother with. 
    For the most part the live stuff they put on the singles was not released elsewhere...couple exceptions but a couple of my favorite singles are the santa Barbara 2003 stuff and the 95 red rocks.

The weird thing is that we are supposedly still getting new Deeps, and those take more effort to put together than a single and the fans care less about them.

6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I dug that Deep with shuss's collection. I love all those historic gems. Piles of picks, setlists, stickers, random hotel keys, flyers. Dude's saved a ton of cool stuff that would have ended up trashed.
     RAK that sucker off if you still have it and don't want it.
    it was cool to look at once. I won't look at it again. But I like to keep the whole collection. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NewJPage said:
    For the most part the live stuff they put on the singles was not released elsewhere...couple exceptions but a couple of my favorite singles are the santa Barbara 2003 stuff and the 95 red rocks.

The weird thing is that we are supposedly still getting new Deeps, and those take more effort to put together than a single and the fans care less about them.

most, if not all of those live tracks were available online and on bootlegs. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No Jeremy and Falling Down was one of my favourite singles, however. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    NewJPage said:

most, if not all of those live tracks were available online and on bootlegs. 
    Online, but not released.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited February 2021
    on2legs said:
    I'm not really sure why anyone thinks it matters what the built in cost of the single is. it's part of the agreement. the worth is the band's/club's ability to make good on a contract, which is what this is. 
    The only part of the contract most people care about are the tickets.  Hence... if the restaurant cooked me the best steak ever I’m not really going to ask to speak to the manager because I don’t get a refill on my water.  
    Dont care about getting 10c tickets whatsoever. I guess because I dont live in the US, European tickets are easy enough to come by if like me you are able to travel to another country. I subscribed all these years with the extra $20 postage for the single and the opportunity to buy 10c exclusive vinyl. Its made it an expensive single but Ive managed to get a few members only good things over the years. You dont even need a membership to buy the Vault these days. So to me the single is an integral part of what I pay for. For me its the steak but for others I can see it could just be the water but either way its part of what we were told we would get and havent so excuse the pun but its left a bad taste in the mouth.

• Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    It’s been over 3 months since announcing that they’d be shipping the singles. What the fuck are they doing?!! 
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    I think there is nothing wrong with complaining at this point.  I would like what I paid for.  I have gotten incorrect items before sent them back and never gotten my correct item or a refund but I let that go.  I have not gotten ticket sale notifications and missed out on ticket sales. I have double paid for membership before when mine got messed up and did not get a refund so this time I have waited and waited and yeah I think I have the right to complain.  There is nothing wrong with asking for what you are supposed to get.  People who act like how dare we fans bother the people at the fan club to do the job we pay them to do are just trying to kiss up and be fan pets and are the same people who would never admit that the band isn't perfect and actually can screw up at times.  Once we get these singles we will not complain about it anymore.  Until then we have the right to bring the subject up so it does not just keep getting put on the back burner and accidentally forgotten again.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,999
    edited February 2021
    You can totally complain. Go for it. You just aren’t gonna get a response. And that’s the heart of the back and forth in every single one of these threads. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    Gotta be honest here.  I know they owe me two vinyl singles but man i really dont care if i dont get these until 2028.  I dont even like playing 45s because i have to lower the belt on the turntable :lol:   (Its a little easier to deal with when it’s a 45 LP)

We all know they’re being produced based on the pictures.  Maybe just wait until they’re mailed? Lol.  
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    Gotta be honest here.  I know they owe me two vinyl singles but man i really dont care if i dont get these until 2028.  I dont even like playing 45s because i have to lower the belt on the turntable :lol:   (Its a little easier to deal with when it’s a 45 LP)

We all know they’re being produced based on the pictures.  Maybe just wait until they’re mailed? Lol.  
    45s are kind of a pain to play, I agree. I not play them too often either. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,787
    LukinFan said:

I purchased a Fluance for this very reason, manual belt swtitching for 45 singles and 45 cut lps is a pain on most turntables. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 483
    PB11041 said:
    LukinFan said:

I purchased a Fluance for this very reason, manual belt swtitching for 45 singles and 45 cut lps is a pain on most turntables. 

I'm confused.  Don't most turntables come with a 33/45 selector switch?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    broloco said:
    It’s been over 3 months since announcing that they’d be shipping the singles. What the fuck are they doing?!! 

Lying and Deceiving
  • Options
    Enzed said:
    PB11041 said:
    LukinFan said:

I'm confused.  Don't most turntables come with a 33/45 selector switch?
    Some don’t have a switch, you need to move the belt manually.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    broloco said:

Lying and Deceiving

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,130
    JB16057 said:
    broloco said:

Lying and Deceiving

For someone who doesn’t care you sure spend a lot of time in this thread.

Honestly at this point, if they offered me $40 I’d take it and not get the singles. I don’t replay want them anyhow after all this time. 

It’s just sad. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    LukinFan said:

I think part of it is, is that a lot of us are completist. We want to complete the singles collection. Yes we love the music but We all want everything they put out. We’ll get them, its just a matter of when. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    broloco said:

Lying and Deceiving

For someone who doesn’t care you sure spend a lot of time in this thread.

Well like everyone else on the internet, I'm just wasting time.

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    broloco said:

Lying and Deceiving

Remember when you said you thought we were going to get these in the last holiday season? Good call

Why do you always have to be such an asshole to me?
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    JBC7913 said:
    LukinFan said:

I think part of it is, is that a lot of us are completist. We want to complete the singles collection. Yes we love the music but We all want everything they put out. We’ll get them, its just a matter of when. 
    I have a whole bunch of people that feel this way.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267665/official-10club-annual-single-completist-list/p1
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,189
    edited February 2021
    JB16057 said:
    broloco said:

Lying and Deceiving

Do you by any chance work for the firm sending out cease and desist letters to tribute bands? Haha.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,040
    5 said:
    I think there is nothing wrong with complaining at this point.  I would like what I paid for.  I have gotten incorrect items before sent them back and never gotten my correct item or a refund but I let that go.  I have not gotten ticket sale notifications and missed out on ticket sales. I have double paid for membership before when mine got messed up and did not get a refund so this time I have waited and waited and yeah I think I have the right to complain.  There is nothing wrong with asking for what you are supposed to get.  People who act like how dare we fans bother the people at the fan club to do the job we pay them to do are just trying to kiss up and be fan pets and are the same people who would never admit that the band isn't perfect and actually can screw up at times.  Once we get these singles we will not complain about it anymore.  Until then we have the right to bring the subject up so it does not just keep getting put on the back burner and accidentally forgotten again.
    There was nothing wrong with complain 2 years ago when they were 2 years late
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Hey guys. Thanks for the newsletter today. Wish you would have given us some type of update on these as well as an eta on vault vinyl shipping. Can we get a little info please and thank you?
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Hey guys. Thanks for the newsletter today. Wish you would have given us some type of update on these as well as an eta on vault vinyl shipping. Can we get a little info please and thank you?
    this
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    No Jeremy and Falling Down was one of my favourite singles, however. 
    Agreed, love this one, everything about it was quality. I'd pay good money if we got an annual release like this (like, every year, on the year you pay for it etc...)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Hopefully this is not an update we will be talking about in six months time.
     =)

I will be glad when these finally arrive so we can shut this down. Although I'm sure some people won't get theirs or there will be issues but I hope those get sorted quickly! 
  • Options
    I'm still very curious as to what they meant by they were producing these "in house".  Do they have their own pressing facility now?