Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    The production process will still take some time as we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Then you have to wait for each member to come into HQ to sign them.   Im thinking early January. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Our watch has ended
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    It's clear there are 3 sides here.  Those who don't care one way or another that they aren't getting what they paid for, because they don't think it's a big deal.  The second group are very vocal that Pearl Jam and the 10C don't owe us anything, and look at the membership dues as almost a donation to the band, arguing that they've given us enough, so fans shouldn't complain.  The third group look at the 10C as a business, and membership dues are paid for an advertised service and provided goods.

I'm in the third group, but I see the points of the other two.  In the universe of who I don't mind giving money to with nothing in return, it would be Pearl Jam.  In the universe of things to gripe about, this is far down the list.  However, facts are facts, and the fact is that 10C is a business that advertises specific goods and services are to be provided in return for payment towards a membership.  Not providing what is advertised is a clear issue of false advertising and/or poor customer service.  I don't expect to not pay and receive 10C benefits, and conversely I don't expect to pay and not receive said services.  If you want to donate to Pearl Jam or the 10C, fine, but this isn't a charity service.
    to dive deeper on this, I think all fans do have had common ground on 2 points. Everyone WANTS their singles and the other point is that we know 10c could communicate better and that it is bad business to treat fans like this (seems like every merch drop gets has people less interested). 

The real divides here are one group believes PJ will come through because they do make things right so people are fine waiting, and the other is worried they won't or that its a scam and need validation that it isn't. But those 2 lenses make the points that we all agree on are perceived differently by the opposing side. I don't think group 2 is a real group or if it is, its a few dozen people. 

Good point, and I agree that group 2 isn't that large.  But as we see in politics, the loudest group in the room makes it seem closer to a majority than they really are, and I see a lot of loud voices in group 2.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    We don't know if they are pressing them in-house. Assembling them to ship, sure.

they said manufacturing. I assumed that meant pressing them. My bad if I misunderstood. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    No, its fair. I don't think anyone knows. I just can't imagine a little operation like the 10c buying a press and having to produce them. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    No, its fair. I don't think anyone knows. I just can't imagine a little operation like the 10c buying a press and having to produce them. 
    maybe jack white is replacing santos?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Heh, I just had that thought. With Loosegroove starting up again and Hockeytalker, maybe they are going the TMR route and putting together their own Monkeywrench Records pressing plant to press their own shit, but also, be an option to local bands and labels.. 

• Options
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:
    Still no date. Could be 2021 or 2022. 
    So...once these are delivered you'll be cancelling your 10c membership, correct?
    You writing a book Judy Bloom?
    I am, as it happens. The protagonist in my book, spends a considerable about of time crying foul, espousing virtue and admonishing hypocrisy...only to turn out to be as full of it as everyone else when the book wraps up. Again, the question was, will you be terminating your membership as threatened or nah?
    I’m writing a book too Judy. My book is $120, send me the money and maybe I’ll send it to you in 3-4 years. But don’t ever ask me about it. I’ll send it when I’m ready and feel like it. Your book sounds shitty and boring , kinda like your post. I’ve been in the club probably longer than you have been alive Judy. I can have my opinion and don’t need to answer your question. Have a good night Judy.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Yeah 10C! They look great and will be nice to have. Hope they keep the presses going over there. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Hope these go out soon, are of good quality, and this finally gets put to bed. 

If anyone hasn't downloaded them yet you are missing out. I prefer the Ed solo stuff but all four songs are solid. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:
    So...once these are delivered you'll be cancelling your 10c membership, correct?
    I am, as it happens. The protagonist in my book, spends a considerable about of time crying foul, espousing virtue and admonishing hypocrisy...only to turn out to be as full of it as everyone else when the book wraps up. Again, the question was, will you be terminating your membership as threatened or nah?
    I’m writing a book too Judy. My book is $120, send me the money and maybe I’ll send it to you in 3-4 years. But don’t ever ask me about it. I’ll send it when I’m ready and feel like it. Your book sounds shitty and boring , kinda like your post. I’ve been in the club probably longer than you have been alive Judy. I can have my opinion and don’t need to answer your question. Have a good night Judy.
    Why do you keep thinking this is a good argument? You're a dude on a messageboard. They are Pearl Jam. They have a track record for releasing music that people enjoy. Best as I can tell, you make posts. Would we be paying for more posts in your deal? Because I'm not interested in that. 

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I'm glad to finally get an official update. I also appreciate the amount of attention given to the subject. I don't believe it all to be honest but that doesn't really matter. They've given us a deadline to update our address. They warned us that production will still take some time but they said after they finalize our addresses in a few weeks after the deadline, they will give us another update on where they are at in the process.

My guess is that we'll probably get the next update in January or even February. That is totally acceptable to me.
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:
    Why do you keep thinking this is a good argument? You're a dude on a messageboard. They are Pearl Jam. They have a track record for releasing music that people enjoy. Best as I can tell, you make posts. Would we be paying for more posts in your deal? Because I'm not interested in that. 

Ok, that’s enough. Im
    proving a point. They treated their fans like crap and we can question why it’s taken 3 years to send something I paid for over 3 years ago. You can disagree but don’t be blind. It’s a legitimate argument. You can get walked all over in your life but some people won’t stand for it. It’s just my stance. Carry on Judy.
  • Options
    Also, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just about principal. And I’m not on here looking for arguments. Just my 2 cents. And now I’m done talking about it. 
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:

It's interesting that you use women's names in your arguments like it should be somehow demeaning for people. Becky in another thread, Judy in this one. I'll leave it to you to figure out what that says about you, but I'm not hopeful that you'll be able to come up with it on your own.  I'd be willing that it took you less time to come up with the whole Judy Blume schtick than it would’ve to Google how to properly spell her name.  I’d also suspect that books aren’t a big thing for you if you have time for 1200 posts in an online forum.    

While I don’t love making promises, I can promise you  that you  haven’t been in the club longer than I have been alive.  I can also promise you all your “you’ve lost a customer” grandstanding is a giant, steaming pile of  BS.  You’re gonna keep your membership and next time tickets go on sale, you’ll be back here crying again.

You’re absolutely welcome to your opinion, but all that high and mighty talk of principles and delivering on what you say went out the window pretty quick when the question was pointed back at you.  All of a sudden the words don’t count right? You promised them that they lost you as a customer.  Are you saying promising to do something and not doing it only counts for others?   At this point , 10 club is in the process of making you whole.  Now you have the opportunity to stand by your word and make them whole. Show all of us those principles in action, cancel that membership. Prove they lost a customer. Otherwise it's just 1200 posts of blah, blah, blah. 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:

It's interesting that you use women's names in your arguments like it should be somehow demeaning for people. Becky in another thread, Judy in this one. I'll leave it to you to figure out what that says about you, but I'm not hopeful that you'll be able to come up with it on your own.  I'd be willing that it took you less time to come up with the whole Judy Blume schtick than it would’ve to Google how to properly spell her name.  I’d also suspect that books aren’t a big thing for you if you have time for 1200 posts in an online forum.    

While I don’t love making promises, I can promise you  that you  haven’t been in the club longer than I have been alive.  I can also promise you all your “you’ve lost a customer” grandstanding is a giant, steaming pile of  BS.  You’re gonna keep your membership and next time tickets go on sale, you’ll be back here crying again.

You’re absolutely welcome to your opinion, but all that high and mighty talk of principles and delivering on what you say went out the window pretty quick when the question was pointed back at you.  All of a sudden the words don’t count right? You promised them that they lost you as a customer.  Are you saying promising to do something and not doing it only counts for others?   At this point , 10 club is in the process of making you whole.  Now you have the opportunity to stand by your word and make them whole. Show all of us those principles in action, cancel that membership. Prove they lost a customer. Otherwise it's just 1200 posts of blah, blah, blah. 

What? I was using a authors name from books I read when I was a kid and being sarcastic, it has nothing to do with being a women or a man. Way to stretch this into something that it’s not and turn into a moral argument to make yourself look like a victim. I was making a point on how poorly the ten club did at communicating the delivery of fan club singles from 3 years ago and was treating their fans. How about this,don’t feel like you to have to have the last word, don’t make stuff up, don’t worry if I’m in the club or not, don’t feel like your opinion matters to me, it doesn’t. Your actually prolly a very nice person in real life but your very annoying on this board. I think you have too much free time on your hands. I think I’ll stay in the club since I already paid for the whole year and read every Judy bloom, Blume, book that I can find and keep posting on this board. 1200 post over 20 years, I hardly even come on here, great argument though, have a great day Judy, Becky, clapper, whoever you are.
  • Options

What? I was using a authors name from books I read when I was a kid and being sarcastic, it has nothing to do with being a women or a man. Way to stretch this into something that it’s not and turn into a moral argument to make yourself look like a victim. I was making a point on how poorly the ten club did at communicating the delivery of fan club singles from 3 years ago and was treating their fans. How about this,don’t feel like you to have to have the last word, don’t make stuff up, don’t worry if I’m in the club or not, don’t feel like your opinion matters to me, it doesn’t. Your actually prolly a very nice person in real life but your very annoying on this board. I think you have too much free time on your hands. I think I’ll stay in the club since I already paid for the whole year and read every Judy bloom, Blume, book that I can find and keep posting on this board. 1200 post over 20 years, I hardly even come on here, great argument though, have a great day Judy, Becky, clapper, whoever you are.
    You've clearly done it in responses to me and to others on this forum. It's there in black and white.  The only thing made up here is your promise to cancel your membership.  Where are those principles you were harping on? According to many of your posts, the principle is the most import part in all of this. You were our unelected crusader, our beacon of "do the right  thing" and now you're just going to leave us to fend for ourselves while you enjoy your membership benefits?  Come on, lets see you make good on your promise to stick it to the man. Unless, of course, it was all bullshit.  It couldn't be that could it?  
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
  • Options
    Let’s try this clapper. ..... Clap off.

did it work?
  • Options

did it work?
    So, to confirm....it was bullshit then?
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    good news!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Clapper said:

did it work?
    Not buying anything from the ten club in terms of merchandise is not the same as leaving the ten club for something that I already paid for. You sound confused and kinda like a stalker. There is a great Judy Blume book called Superfudge that you should read. I also just finished Tales of a fourth grade nothing that sounds like would be right up your alley. The book that would represent us the best is Judys “ the pain and the great one”. Guess which one you are? But to answer your question, I did hold up my promise and did not buy Purple Ten or buy any stickers or posters. I got my copy of ten from Target. I won’t be buying any merchandise from the tenclub, are you happy now? See, i kept my promise and you lost your argument. I have to go now, I have a job and make a lot of money. Happy hump day!
  • Options
    Clapper said:

did it work?
    Not buying anything from the ten club in terms of merchandise is not the same as leaving the ten club for something that I already paid for. You sound confused and kinda like a stalker. There is a great Judy Blume book called Superfudge that you should read. I also just finished Tales of a fourth grade nothing that sounds like would be right up your alley. The book that would represent us the best is Judys “ the pain and the great one”. Guess which one you are? But to answer your question, I did hold up my promise and did not buy Purple Ten or buy any stickers or posters. I got my copy of ten from Target. I won’t be buying any merchandise from the tenclub, are you happy now? See, i kept my promise and you lost your argument. I have to go now, I have a job and make a lot of money. Happy hump day!
    I love selective principles. They aren't called principles at that point though, they're called preferences. Hopefully the job pays in cash, you'll need that extra paper to mop up all the tears you keep crying on the forum.  You really showed the band and that sinister 10 club. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:

did it work?
    I love selective principles. They aren't called principles at that point though, they're called preferences. Hopefully the job pays in cash, you'll need that extra paper to mop up all the tears you keep crying on the forum.  You really showed the band and that sinister 10 club. 
    Clapp Off!  This shit hasn’t worked since the 80s. Might need new batteries. Haha.

Have a great day man/women . It’s been a pleasure reading your intellectual posts. 

Go read one of Judys books that I recommended. They will enlighten you and give you something to do in Canada. 

• Options

Clapp Off!  This shit hasn’t worked since the 80s. Might need new batteries. Haha.

Have a great day man/women . It’s been a pleasure reading your intellectual posts. 

Go read one of Judys books that I recommended. They will enlighten you and give you something to do in Canada. 

Wait, you didn't actually get off the forum and go to work when you said you we're going to?  Well, at least that's on brand. This is why we have trust issues. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • Options
    Clapper said:

Wait, you didn't actually get off the forum and go to work when you said you we're going to?  Well, at least that's on brand. This is why we have trust issues. 
    I’m multi tasking. Your obviously a troll. Please go away. Your actually incredibly annoying and this is becoming childish. Please go away . It’s dumb to argue over a company ripping people off when your not even affiliated with the company. The complaints finally worked and they are finally holding up their end of the agreement by sending the records. No one is crying , many people have complained but for whatever reason you are flaming it. Truce? Or just go away. Pick One clapp
  • Options

I’m multi tasking. Your obviously a troll. Please go away. Your actually incredibly annoying and this is becoming childish. Please go away . It’s dumb to argue over a company ripping people off when your not even affiliated with the company. The complaints finally worked and they are finally holding up their end of the agreement by sending the records. No one is crying , many people have complained but for whatever reason you are flaming it. Truce? Or just go away. Pick One clapp
    Here's my issue. I don't think there is anyone here that hasn't been critical of 10c at some point, fairly or not, myself included. But you keep using terms like ripping people off.  With that I take umbrage. Did the club way under deliver? Absolutely.  Do they owe you outstanding physical items that you paid for? Without a doubt.  Could their communication have been better? Certainly. Were they clear that eventually everyone would get what they paid for?  Also, yes.   Did you get scammed? Nope. Did they rip you off?  Not even a little.  I find it even more objectionable that so many of the terms you use are accusatory and attempt to paint the people that are literally just employees as ethically suspect. There are plenty of people out there that are decent people but seem lousy at their jobs. Sometimes its incompetence but it's usually because their hands are tied and they are just showing up every day trying to make a living. For all either of us know, you and I could be that very person.   At the end of the day, you are getting exactly what you paid for, albeit not at all in a timely fashion.  Layer all that in with all the repeated soapboxing about principles and accountability and here we are.  Since we have established that the previously mentioned principles and accountability only work for you when it's in favour of your argument,  then I am ok with repeatedly pointing out the enormous hypocrisy of that. You can characterize it as trolling or flaming but all it really is is a spotlight on bullshit. 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    Heh, I just had that thought. With Loosegroove starting up again and Hockeytalker, maybe they are going the TMR route and putting together their own Monkeywrench Records pressing plant to press their own shit, but also, be an option to local bands and labels.. 

This is what I was thinking.  According to that Stern interview, Ed really took note of what Jack White was doing.   I think its totally plausible that they start doing that.  And let's hope for a return to the annual single. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.