Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,829
    I'm excited to get that one with all the tp picks on the cover. I heart picks!
  • Options
    Clapper said:

I’m multi tasking. Your obviously a troll. Please go away. Your actually incredibly annoying and this is becoming childish. Please go away . It’s dumb to argue over a company ripping people off when your not even affiliated with the company. The complaints finally worked and they are finally holding up their end of the agreement by sending the records. No one is crying , many people have complained but for whatever reason you are flaming it. Truce? Or just go away. Pick One clapp
    Here's my issue. I don't think there is anyone here that hasn't been critical of 10c at some point, fairly or not, myself included. But you keep using terms like ripping people off.  With that I take umbrage. Did the club way under deliver? Absolutely.  Do they owe you outstanding physical items that you paid for? Without a doubt.  Could their communication have been better? Certainly. Were they clear that eventually everyone would get what they paid for?  Also, yes.   Did you get scammed? Nope. Did they rip you off?  Not even a little.  I find it even more objectionable that so many of the terms you use are accusatory and attempt to paint the people that are literally just employees as ethically suspect. There are plenty of people out there that are decent people but seem lousy at their jobs. Sometimes its incompetence but it's usually because their hands are tied and they are just showing up every day trying to make a living. For all either of us know, you and I could be that very person.   At the end of the day, you are getting exactly what you paid for, albeit not at all in a timely fashion.  Layer all that in with all the repeated soapboxing about principles and accountability and here we are.  Since we have established that the previously mentioned principles and accountability only work for you when it's in favour of your argument,  then I am ok with repeatedly pointing out the enormous hypocrisy of that. You can characterize it as trolling or flaming but all it really is is a spotlight on bullshit. 

Clapp off! Honestly, talking to you feels like I’ll get the clapp. It’s annoying and becoming unmanageable. I think not responding to you is like taking a prescribed antibiotic. 

Pressure from ten clubbers got this accomplished, if not we would be waiting 3 more years. Again, not the end of the world and bigger problems but really bad way to treat their fans who have spent a lot of money on this band. It’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

now I’m done, I actually have meetings rest of the day.
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I can see how facts and logic would be annoying for you.  If pressure from club members was a factor, it would've gotten settled up a long time ago. If it had gone on another 3 years, you'd still be able to complain as a card carrying member of the club...
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    The update in the newsletter, the email, the forum post and then the news item. This was a bit unusual for 10c. Even though they couldnt provide a fixed dispatch date it was a more thorough update than we've ever seen.

Very curious about manufactured in-house. Would be surprising if they had an actual press but there are new presses being made so you never know. I just assumed they meant assembled. Thats what it looks like in the photo. I guess if it was me I would have had a picture of them being pressed if that was the case and would be very news worthy development at 10c..

Either way, good news. Unlikely to reach us all by Christmas but you never know.
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    I can see how facts and logic would be annoying for you.  If pressure from club members was a factor, it would've gotten settled up a long time ago. If it had gone on another 3 years, you'd still be able to complain as a card carrying member of the club...
    Clapp Off. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Heh, I just had that thought. With Loosegroove starting up again and Hockeytalker, maybe they are going the TMR route and putting together their own Monkeywrench Records pressing plant to press their own shit, but also, be an option to local bands and labels.. 

This is what I was thinking.  According to that Stern interview, Ed really took note of what Jack White was doing.   I think its totally plausible that they start doing that.  And let's hope for a return to the annual single. 
    why is it called Hockertalkter? with that extra T in there?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Heh, I just had that thought. With Loosegroove starting up again and Hockeytalker, maybe they are going the TMR route and putting together their own Monkeywrench Records pressing plant to press their own shit, but also, be an option to local bands and labels.. 

yeah, that's what i was getting at, how it would be ironic that they cancelled the yearly single only to start their own pressing plant. if that is the case. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

This is what I was thinking.  According to that Stern interview, Ed really took note of what Jack White was doing.   I think its totally plausible that they start doing that.  And let's hope for a return to the annual single. 
    Mikes kid pronouncing Helicopter that way. I think.

I AM A GOD DAMN PEARL JAM ENCYCLOPEDIA: 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

Something about how a kid, maybe Mike's, pronounced helicopter.

• Options
    jesus you guys are insane. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

• Options
    LOL. never knew why the pic had a helicopter on it. 

man, i'm really lagging behind in my pearl jam useless knowledge. i used to know it all! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Vedd Hedd said:

Mikes kid pronouncing Helicopter that way. I think.

I AM A GOD DAMN PEARL JAM ENCYCLOPEDIA: 
    LOL
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Looking at the photo of the fanclub singles, what is the yellow thing down towards the bottom of the stack? It looks like a yellow copy of the Hunted Down single in amongst the black copies although it could just be some sort of cushioning.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,968
    You aren't supposed to stack records more than 20 high, so yeah, could be cushioning.

• Options
    Good eye. Maybe a few solid gold variants...
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Any update on this? It’s been 2+ months since the last one and how many years ago were we expecting these? I’m not angry... a bit disappointed.. Just got a new (way overdue) pearl cartridge on my turntable for Christmas (sounds unbelievable for the price) and I am broke af needing something new to spin. 
  • Options
    there's no update now and there likely won't ever be one again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I bet Pearl Jamms Tenn Club would have handled this a lot better.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Almost February 2021 and we've not received the 2017 singles. Absolutely embarassing and just an awful way to treat members. We saw pictures of these being assembled in November and these are still not shipped. 

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    FR181798 said:
    Almost February 2021 and we've not received the 2017 singles. Absolutely embarassing and just an awful way to treat members. We saw pictures of these being assembled in November and these are still not shipped. 

I’ve been fairly silent on this but it is kind of silly that here we are still waiting but chocolates and wine are being delivered by the 14th (not sure if those are outsourced though).

All that said I am glad the singles (and Deep) are on their way...eventually, lol (I’d rather laugh than cry over this, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    I bet Pearl Jamms Tenn Club would have handled this a lot better.
    Ha. Thank you for this. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    edited January 2021
    FR181798 said:

Hard to argue with.

Does @Santos L. Halper wish to say something about this void of information and this limbo concerning these singles for, well a couple of years now, but since November if we are talking about the sort-of present.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    FR181798 said:

Between Thanksgiving, 2-3 weeks for the holiday shutdown plus everything else they've had to ship out.

Yeah. They could definitely hire a few temp staff each September through January...if they're already not doing so.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    FR181798 said:

Maybe the pics were deep fakes
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Between Thanksgiving, 2-3 weeks for the holiday shutdown plus everything else they've had to ship out.

Yeah. They could definitely hire a few temp staff each September through January...if they're already not doing so.
    I did temporary work in a mail sorting warehouse about 20 years ago. I was in manual mail which meant I had to fold large sheets of paper into a certain shape and add in different brochures and leaflets. Stuff that they didnt have a machine for. Each person probably did thousands a day, i imagine it was a lot more complicated than putting together these singles. Is there a single 10c employee sitting on their own somewhere just assembling these since last year. If so thats why you dont do it in house, you outsource it.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

I did temporary work in a mail sorting warehouse about 20 years ago. I was in manual mail which meant I had to fold large sheets of paper into a certain shape and add in different brochures and leaflets. Stuff that they didnt have a machine for. Each person probably did thousands a day, i imagine it was a lot more complicated than putting together these singles. Is there a single 10c employee sitting on their own somewhere just assembling these since last year. If so thats why you dont do it in house, you outsource it.

It looks like the 10 Club webcam shows that Santos is almost done putting these together:

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    They are recycling all of Stone's guitar picks and cutting them into the wax. He rarely gives them away so there must be a truckload of them somewhere.  Unless he used them already to build bat houses.
  • Options
    on2legs said
    It looks like the 10 Club webcam shows that Santos is almost done putting these together:

You know that isnt a real warehouse right? The background is just a big painting. Wonder if 10c warehouse is the same.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,968
    Didn’t they say they were outsourcing mailing these?