The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sweet Baby Spaghetti Monster!
    No go on the sake. Didn’t have time for Zama so just went wine
    Always next time!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Happy birthday, mom

Awesome.
    You didn't skimp on the Wasabi either.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    From Dankind's idea of things that might not look as good as they taste....

Making waffles for the 6 year old and myself this AM
    Had some bacon 🥓, tossed that into the skillet.
    Once done I saw the grease and knew I wanted a few eggs fried in it.
    As I made the kid's waffle plate he asked if I was going to put everything I made to eat onto my plate, together.
    We had some fun....added some whipped cream, fruit, and hot sauce.  Looks like some sort of alien.
    Shit was 🔥.  Seriously!

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Oh no no no. That looks good. I also figure you plan on not doing anything today?
    Hahaha.  I had my long run yesterday (19) so today calls for one hour walking.  Easy.  Figure we will throw the ball around for a while then go for a walk 
    For sure some couch time for football, though.  Let that food sink in.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Chilean consuela on a beautiful fall day just fits so fine all fresh vegetables & Chicken..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yes, please.
    Yes, please.
    It’s so good with nice fresh Italian or French bread and glass of Red vino..
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Yes, please.
    It’s so good with nice fresh Italian or French bread and glass of Red vino..
    Anything with bread and vino sign me up. Looking fantastic. 
    Got chili simmering in the crock pot right now. Used bison meat instead of beef. So good and a nice lean alternative. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks great Jose! Are tamales part of chilean cuisine?  I remember teaching english to spanish speakers many years ago and to show their appreciation they made a huuuuuuuge meal for all of us volunteering.  One of the greatest things I ever had were homemade tamales steamed in corn husk.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^ I have Mexican friends and have been lucky to have their homemade tamales just as you describe for many years. They’re one of my favorite foods ever 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks great Jose! Are tamales part of chilean cuisine?  I remember teaching english to spanish speakers many years ago and to show their appreciation they made a huuuuuuuge meal for all of us volunteering.  One of the greatest things I ever had were homemade tamales steamed in corn husk.  
    We have Bow ties it’s as close to a tamale! http://www.coctione.com/recipe/chilean-humitas/
    I usually get together with dad to make them for an all day event with some good wine can’t be beat..
    mcgruff10 said:
    We have Bow ties it’s as close to a tamale! http://www.coctione.com/recipe/chilean-humitas/
    That sounds so damn good.  You can add meat to them right?  I think when I ate them there were a couple just with corn and then a few with beef and chicken in the middle.  
    bbiggs said:
    Got chili simmering in the crock pot right now. Used bison meat instead of beef. So good and a nice lean alternative. 
    Great choice I had to give up all red meat since my colonoscopy so if I could eat meat I’d eat only fresh killed but I can’t get anything like that! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That sounds so damn good.  You can add meat to them right?  I think when I ate them there were a couple just with corn and then a few with beef and chicken in the middle.  
    Those are more of Central America versions, the ones we make don’t incorporate any meats in them..
    Kept the BBQ around 300f for 5 hours.

Homemade slaw, garlic bread, corn and South Carolina vinegar sauce.
    Holy shit!
    Looks amazing
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    eddiec said:
    Kept the BBQ around 300f for 5 hours.

Homemade slaw, garlic bread, corn and South Carolina vinegar sauce.
    That looks incredible. BBQ is one of my favorite meals. Nicely done!!!!

I love in your food photos that your cat is always on the table looking at the food from a nice distance. My cat's face would be covered in BBQ sauce at that point. Can't trust him at all around food.

Tigger is starting up his own IG.

Sea Bass, Vanilla Foam, Saffron Rice.
    Looks great!
    Ribs, burgers and salmon tonight! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nice looks 😋 but these days I have to stay away from all read meats, had a colonoscopy dr removed large polyp pre-cancerous! He advised me to stay away from all processed red meats & beer...enjoy it!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nice looks 😋 but these days I have to stay away from all read meats, had a colonoscopy dr removed large polyp pre-cancerous! He advised me to stay away from all processed red meats & beer...enjoy it!
    The salmon was for me.   I also try to avoid red meat.  
    I picked these fresh figs from my tree we topped them with goats cheese & drizzled balsamic vinegar! It’s more of an appetizer or dessert they are delicious broiled them for a few minutes to melt the cheese..
    Looks great, guys!
    Damn Jose they look great.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn Jose they look great.  
    Tasty as heck and you can make all different variations, tomorrow I’m making Calzones ham& ricotta and mozzarella cheese 1st time trying those, I’ll make a couple without the ham for me just want to take a long break from any meats maybe for Xmas I’ll enjoy a good steak..
    My wife just baked these calzones filled with ham & two cheeses Uhmm yum fo a good lunch today!