The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Linguini & clam sauce & red cabbage romaine lettuce and artichoke heart salad French bread! 
    Your food game has been so on point lately. Looks awesome!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    GlowGirl said:
    Linguini & clam sauce & red cabbage romaine lettuce and artichoke heart salad French bread! 
    Your food game has been so on point lately. Looks awesome!!
    Thanks! It was delicious the fresh clams bring it to the top level, it’s ok to use canned clams but fresh can’t be topped and everyone on this thread are good cooks you too I’m sure! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    My wife made a meat lasagna & I had these clams leftover that I didn’t use, so I chucked them and broiled them 550 degree! I did an onion garlic with bread crumbs mixture to top them with butter & grated cheese. 
  • Damn, man, you are eating well!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    For the win!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,779
    cheese and fish the italian would not be happy :) 
    Get_Right said:
    Ah you see in Chile we eat baked clams a la parmigiana! 
    The best hermano.  
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I cooked a white bean soup last night and it was awesome. The beans were cooked in the instant pot, and I ended up with a white bean aquafaba for when I cooked the soup on the stove. The beans were cannellini and lima. The directions called for kale, which I didn't have, but I had frozen corn, and a can of green chilies. I used them instead. I'm starting to put ground ginger in many things from chocolate chip cookies to white bean soup. I think the ginger in chocolate chip cookies neutralizes the edgy-bitterness of any chocolate chip, whether semi-sweet or dark chocolate, and in soups it sparkles a bit. 

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Get_Right said:
    I remember reading Heat and the laughing at the author making similar observations about Mario Batalis cooking.

I know he is a creeper but damn, I used to love going to Babbo.  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I cooked a white bean soup last night and it was awesome. The beans were cooked in the instant pot, and I ended up with a white bean aquafaba for when I cooked the soup on the stove. The beans were cannellini and lima. The directions called for kale, which I didn't have, but I had frozen corn, and a can of green chilies. I used them instead. I'm starting to put ground ginger in many things from chocolate chip cookies to white bean soup. I think the ginger in chocolate chip cookies neutralizes the edgy-bitterness of any chocolate chip, whether semi-sweet or dark chocolate, and in soups it sparkles a bit. 

Big ginger fan. Try carrots ginger sweet potato maybe  squeeze of orange and or zest just enough water or stock to cover. Crock pot till done. I throw a chili pepper or 2 in there. Puree it up. Very good
    Get_Right said:
    I remember reading Heat and the laughing at the author making similar observations about Mario Batalis cooking.

Beef cheek ravioli. It was a good spot.

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited December 2023
    I stenciled my bread with doilies today. Love the outcome, There will be fancy breads now too at the family Christmas. It's a yeast bread. My mom's Christmas package arrived from Germany, and I finally had some wonderfully fine rye and spelt flours and mixed them with some wheat.

• An artist!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    I stenciled my bread with doilies today. Love the outcome, There will be fancy breads now too at the family Christmas. It's a yeast bread. My mom's Christmas package arrived from Germany, and I finally had some wonderfully fine rye and spelt flours and mixed them with some wheat.

Very nice! Considering trying something like this this weekend.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    That’s fucking beautiful 
  • Art 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Whoa that’s impressive really like the looks of it 
    Great unique idea. Very special!
    I would never think of using a cloth like that. Hugs the 'ovalness'. Used paper doilys before to decorate stuff. Never bread.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Get_Right said:

I ran into McCready at Babbo the night after the Brooklyn shows. Great spot, but yeah, Batali's a total creeper. And scamming his waiters out of tips was unforgivable. I ate at Del Posto one time. That place was off the chart.

That is a really great idea.
    Looks amazing.
  • Nice

Becco is another Bastianich one that I've been to a few times
    Not nearly Babbo, but those fucking meatballs.....damn, I could eat those every day.
    Nice

Becco is another Bastianich one that I've been to a few times
    Not nearly Babbo, but those fucking meatballs.....damn, I could eat those every day.

Becco feels dated, has been for some time
    Del posto was their prime

• Dated, agree,  but those a meat a balls!
    Get_Right said:
    Del posto was their prime

We sat at the bar for a drink before dinner. My buddy ordered an Old Fashioned and asked if they had this small batch bourbon that he was into. (I can't remember the name of it.)
    The bartender goes, yeah, that's our well bourbon.
    We realised two things at that moment: This was going to be an incredible evening and we were gonna be broke after it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Speaking of ridiculous booze. This was the wine lineup for 6 of us at 4 Charles a couple weeks ago

• Very nice!
    Speaking of ridiculous booze. This was the wine lineup for 6 of us at 4 Charles a couple weeks ago

Still have not gone there. The wife likes sushi over steak.