psst...10/10/2020

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited October 2020
    I've just checked my old orders and the shipping costs to Australia for previous Vaults were:

Vault 3 - $5.64
    Vault 4 - $37.49
    Vault 5 - $31.99
    Vault 6 - $37.49
    Vault 7 - $43.99
    Vault 8 - $35.99
    Vault 9 - $35.99

Vault 10 - $72.99 

It's really going to suck if I have to miss one but this is a ridiculous price to charge.
    How on earth can it be double the cost from last year?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • These guys sure don’t like Media Mail!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited October 2020
    I've just checked my old orders and the shipping costs to Australia for previous Vaults were:

Vault 3 - $5.64
    Vault 4 - $37.49
    Vault 5 - $31.99
    Vault 6 - $37.49
    Vault 7 - $43.99
    Vault 8 - $35.99
    Vault 9 - $35.99

Vault 10 - $72.99 

It's really going to suck if I have to miss one but this is a ridiculous price to charge.
     triple shipping cost  for us europeans,im not ordering this one unless prices goes down  .
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The radio silence from 10c on this issue is particularly strange and disappointing. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Maybe something's up. Take care friends.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Or maybe there is nothing to say, the price is the price. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    goldrush said:

Vault 3 - $5.64
    Vault 4 - $37.49
    Vault 5 - $31.99
    Vault 6 - $37.49
    Vault 7 - $43.99
    Vault 8 - $35.99
    Vault 9 - $35.99

Vault 10 - $72.99 

But on the bright side, its not the 7x increase from V3 to V4.
  • Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATING. I understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise") -- But come on.

IT HAS BEEN FOUR (4) DAYS SINCE YOUR NEWSLETTER AND THE SHIPPING PROBLEM

Get an intern to do it, if your zoom meetings are so stacked that you do not have ONE MINUTE (60 seconds).

It has now been seven (7) days (yes that is a full week) since the shipping issue  with zero communication from you on the issue @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad

And I'm guessing, that you are aware of the confusion in the fanbase concerning this, while choosing to stay silent? Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Also, what would be your reaction if you were on the other side of this type of complete communication void -- would be interested to get an answer to that question @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrush said:

Vault 3 - $5.64
    Vault 4 - $37.49
    Vault 5 - $31.99
    Vault 6 - $37.49
    Vault 7 - $43.99
    Vault 8 - $35.99
    Vault 9 - $35.99

Vault 10 - $72.99 

And vault #1 was free. Except the cost of partying at Alpine for days 😄
  • Hawk123 said:
    Does the presale end this week? is that why there is such an urgency to fix the shipping? 
    Presale does NOT end this week. Give us some time to figure some things out once our full CS team is back from trying to take a few days off. 
    We are still in the middle of a pandemic, please keep this in mind when we don't respond right away.
    Back to my stacked zoom meetings.
    slh 
  • Hawk123 said:
    Does the presale end this week? is that why there is such an urgency to fix the shipping? 
    Presale does NOT end this week. Give us some time to figure some things out once our full CS team is back from trying to take a few days off. 
    We are still in the middle of a pandemic, please keep this in mind when we don't respond right away.
    slh 
    Have a great weekend! Thanks to you and everyone at 10c for everything. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    Almost everyone here appreciates you and knows you always have our backs.  Thanks, Santos!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    Thanks Santos, that’s what I figured based on previous vaults. Good luck with all the zoom meetings 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    I heart santos and team
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited October 2020
    Just throwing this out there for reference...

The shipping cost to Australia for Neil Young’s 10-disc Archives II box set was only $15.99

Hopefully 10C can do something about the Vault shipping
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    I hear you, and the way some of these questions have been framed is obnoxious, but you could have given this answer days ago. 

Hope you are all healthy and well. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
     cool u looking into this to fix it...
    ofcourse  safety and stay healthy is  first.priority
    stay safe u and all pj team.
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    goldrush said:
    Just throwing this out there for reference...

The shipping cost to Australia for Neil Young’s 10-disc Archives II box set was only $15.99

Hopefully 10C can do something about the Vault shipping

Disappointed there is no Blu-ray release. Believe I paid less on the Archives Volume 1 Blu-ray then what they are selling for just the CD's for Archives Volume 2. Yeah it includes a card to download the digital downloads. Not sure why they couldn't burn the hi-res 192/24 audio on Blu-ray like Volume 1 with custom menus / chapters & all.  :/  As for weight, Vault 10 is 5 lbs. NY Archives V2 Box Set might be a little lighter.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 

Thanks for the update. Will wait a few day's before placing an order.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited October 2020
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    This answer would be fine and all--

--if it wasn't for the fact that:

A: It still took your organisation a full week (7 days) to offer any form of communication (and that communication being your post above), following a major confusing fuck up in your newsletter. I fail to see how communicating would be removed for a full week (7 day) because of the pandemic, coming from an org myself sending out newsletters and keeping in contact with costumers. The infrastructure to reach out to us (the fanbase) is all digital and a login away, so I fail to see how a pandemic or some people "taking a few days off" would stop one (1) with the authority (let's use you as an example) to take one minute or less, to communicate when knowing complete confusion exist. Whether you were sitting at home or not. I would imagine you have a smartphone, or a computer with the information needed to login to the places you need to login. And I have a hard time seeing that this problem would not have entered your radar (and/or someone else having the login for Pearl Jams SoMe channels and/or here), a lot earlier than 7 days post the newsletter. But please, tell me wrong?

The confusion surrounding this appeared moments after the Newsletters was sent out. I fail to see how your organisation would not know about the fuck up at once on Saturday (that would be seven (7) days of choosing to keep fans completely in the dark)  -- or are you telling us it took seven days for you to even find out about the issue because your "full CS team" or anyone being able to log on here, went completely off the grid from the newsletter going out and for seven days following? That would be quite the coincidence, wouldn't it?

But also:

B: This is not an isolated incident, but coming off a string of past occurrences of your organisation showing an, according to most fans I talk to (off the forum, I know many fans doesn't feel confident speaking up concerning this fanclub - which also is a culture that isn't healthy and should not be hand-waived away), systemic lack of communication. Whether that is coming from a lack of skill within your organisation or some strategy of keeping the fanbase time and time again in the dark, I do not know, but it doesn't take away from the fact shown by history to exist. How do you, yourself think e.g.  the communication surrounding the last two fanclub singles went (or is going rather, in that never ending saga)?

So, it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt here that communication would have been quicker, more transparent and less reluctant if there would not have been this pandemic -- this pandemic seemingly stopping one (1) of you to log in on twitter, or facebook or on here and say something

It doesn't really come off as plausible to me (as stated, also working with communication, newsletters and customers and bringing this question up with some colleagues). Are you able to see this point of view @Santos L. Halper and/or @Rubysdad ?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 

A: It still took your organisation a full week (7 days) to offer any form of communication (and that communication being your post above), following a major confusing fuck up in your newsletter. I fail to see how communicating would be removed for a full week (7 day) because of the pandemic, coming from an org myself sending out newsletters and keeping in contact with costumers. The infrastructure to reach out to us (the fanbase) is all digital and a login away, so I fail to see how a pandemic or some people "taking a few days off" would stop one (1) with the authority (let's use you as an example) to take one minute or less, to communicate when knowing complete confusion exist. Whether you were sitting at home or not. I would imagine you have a smartphone, or a computer with the information needed to login to the places you need to login. And I have a hard time seeing that this problem would not have entered your radar (and/or someone else having the login for Pearl Jams SoMe channels and/or here), a lot earlier than 7 days post the newsletter. But please, tell me wrong?

The confusion surrounding this appeared moments after the Newsletters was sent out. I fail to see how your organisation would not know about the fuck up at once on Saturday (that would be seven (7) days of choosing to keep fans completely in the dark)  -- or are you telling us it took seven days for you to even find out about the issue because your "full CS team" or anyone being able to log on here, went completely off the grid from the newsletter going out and for seven days following? That would be quite the coincidence, wouldn't it?

But also:

B: This is not an isolated incident, but coming off a string of past occurrences of your organisation showing an, according to most fans I talk to (off the forum, I know many fans doesn't feel confident speaking up concerning this fanclub - which also is a culture that isn't healthy and should not be hand-waived away), systemic lack of communication. Whether that is coming from a lack of skill within your organisation or some strategy of keeping the fanbase time and time again in the dark, I do not know, but it doesn't take away from the fact shown by history to exist. How do you, yourself think e.g.  the communication surrounding the last two fanclub singles went (or is going rather, in that never ending saga)?

So, it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt here that communication would have been quicker, more transparent and less reluctant if there would not have been this pandemic -- this pandemic seemingly stopping one (1) of you to log in on twitter, or facebook or on here and say something

It doesn't really come off as plausible to me (as stated, also working with communication, newsletters and customers and bringing this question up with some colleagues). Are you able to see this point of view @Santos L. Halper and/or @Rubysdad ?
    🤦🏻‍♂️
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 228
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    Thanks for the update Santos, and a big thank you to IT for providing us with an ignore option. PJ forums would be unbearable without it.
  • GC31608 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    Thanks for the update Santos, and a big thank you to IT for providing us with an ignore option. PJ forums would be unbearable without it.
    Where is the block option? Is it available on the phone or just desktop? Thanks 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    GC31608 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    Where is the block option? Is it available on the phone or just desktop? Thanks 
    I think it’s desktop only or if you request desktop site on mobile. If you click a user, you can then select Ignore
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 

I know you have been worked up about this, but step back and realize in the end you are worried about buying some stuff.  You have your reasons to want it, but so many people get so worked up on this message board about being able to buy "stuff", when all it is is just plastic, paper, or in this case vinyl and cardboard. 

Anytime you get stressed, just think back to the greatest song of all time "Imagine"...."Imagine no possessions......" The thrill of the chase is usually better than actually getting these items anyway.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited October 2020
    hihobibo said:
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 

I know you have been worked up about this, but step back and realize in the end you are worried about buying some stuff.  You have your reasons to want it, but so many people get so worked up on this message board about being able to buy "stuff", when all it is is just plastic, paper, or in this case vinyl and cardboard. 

Anytime you get stressed, just think back to the greatest song of all time "Imagine"...."Imagine no possessions......" The thrill of the chase is usually better than actually getting these items anyway.
    Not about any stuff. Not worked up.

Too swedish to be frank?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 

But also:

Whoa.
    How do you have time for all of this?
    Try CBD oil. Big help for me in 2020. 
    Also, I'm sure 10C will figure it out this week. 
    Clearly, it's a mistake. 
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    ordered  :sleepy:
    i like sound...