Options

psst...10/10/2020

Comments

• Options
    Ordered, but can smeone tell me how it is possible to pay at UK / EU shop the price of shipping to the Czech Republic (EU Member State) in the same amount as the price of the record? Come on, this is either a rip off or mistake in calculation...
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 410
    Bratsky said:
    Ordered, but can smeone tell me how it is possible to pay at UK / EU shop the price of shipping to the Czech Republic (EU Member State) in the same amount as the price of the record? Come on, this is either a rip off or mistake in calculation...
    You are free to follow the discussion about shipping fees in Europe here: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/270471/ten-club-uk-eu-store/p12

short version: they are way too high, but @Santos L. Halper said they will look into it and he will hopefully come up with an update on this. 
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Bratsky said:
    You are free to follow the discussion about shipping fees in Europe here: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/270471/ten-club-uk-eu-store/p12

short version: they are way too high, but @Santos L. Halper said they will look into it and he will hopefully come up with an update on this. 
    Hasn't both the EU/UK "partner" and the Tenclub Customer Service defended/argued for the set cost? if that is the case, that would imply they do not consider it a mistake to be corrected, the highness of it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    They sure have. But @Santos L. Halper said they will look into it, so I hope that he will give a final feedback on that matter here in the forum. If the feedback is „it is what it is“, that’s fine with me. 
  • Options
    biosfearbiosfear Melbourne, Australia Posts: 19
    The feedback I received via email is effectively "it is what it is" because of the new postal rates and the extra 500gms weight of the package. I was directed to the EU store as an alternative. However, shipping to Australia from the EU store is - wait for it - $300 AUD. I'm not holding my breath for a change in shipping rates to this part of the world.
  • Options
    biosfear said:
    The feedback I received via email is effectively "it is what it is" because of the new postal rates and the extra 500gms weight of the package. I was directed to the EU store as an alternative. However, shipping to Australia from the EU store is - wait for it - $300 AUD. I'm not holding my breath for a change in shipping rates to this part of the world.
    What?!!! I’ve tried to stay pretty positive throughout this... but that is incomprehensible to me. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    goldrush said:
    Just throwing this out there for reference...

The shipping cost to Australia for Neil Young’s 10-disc Archives II box set was only $15.99

Hopefully 10C can do something about the Vault shipping

Does Neil use Media Mail? It'd be great if PJ did. For the shipping prices I've seen, you'd think those would cover import fees/taxes and not take a very long time to arrive, once shipped.

At least an update has been given, even if it's a "we're working on it" update.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I guess my only concern is that when Eddie mentions flipping the record over, it better be at an appropriate time and not after the first song on the side.

Hashtag awkward...or something.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,703
    I gave in and bought it today from the uk store and gave a uk address for irish post. They can forward it on to me for about €4. For an extra couple of quid, they provide full tracking to your door. Shocking
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 411
    I’m sure they will fix issues that’s probably why they didn’t charge people’s card yet for these
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    edited October 2020
    Flavafraz said:
    I’m sure they will fix issues that’s probably why they didn’t charge people’s card yet for these
    My cc has been charged. (CDN159+)

...def having buyer’s remorse about this one. (USD63.00 for shipping is 8.00 more than the actual set!)

Hoping for some relief once the 10C gets back to the forum on this issue.
    Post edited by PeterED on
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    I gave in and bought it today from the uk store and gave a uk address for irish post. They can forward it on to me for about €4. For an extra couple of quid, they provide full tracking to your door. Shocking
    Exactly what I'm doing. Honestly I wish I wasn't giving TenClub any money for this but it is what it is. 
  • Options
    vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 178
    I think everyone should get over the cost of shipping.  Initially I was as pissed as everyone else but I just ordered another record.  Shipping from Toronto to Elmvale (136 km) is costing me $12.   So a record coming from say Seattle to Elmvale (4,245 km) for $60 isn’t that overpriced 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    vinyl boy said:
    I think everyone should get over the cost of shipping.  Initially I was as pissed as everyone else but I just ordered another record.  Shipping from Toronto to Elmvale (136 km) is costing me $12.   So a record coming from say Seattle to Elmvale (4,245 km) for $60 isn’t that overpriced 
      shipping isnt about distance,..
    especially in europe..the shipping cost is overpriced..so simple 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    vinyl boy said:
      shipping isnt about distance,..
    especially in europe..the shipping cost is overpriced..so simple 

Dimi... you seem to have a good relationship with the 10 club.  Did you email them directly to get any more information?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    vinyl boy said:
    ^This is not how shipping works.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,022
    10club's EU store really needs to fix their shipping rate, cause damn!!! :o

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    ^ this is completely crazy...

It's still €52,25 shipping to Germany. I will not pay € 99,25

If they can't get that fixed bc of Brexit they should use a company in Continental Europe. Just saying. :peace:

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Are people's cards being charged at purchase or when these ship?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RSS2193RSS2193 Posts: 25
    JimmyV said:
    Are people's cards being charged at purchase or when these ship?
     Yes. I was we being charged USD  when I ordered 
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    biosfear said:
    Yep. My choices shipping for NZ are USD$73 from 10C or USD$220 from EU! :(
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    bazzer said:

Actually third option is USD$17 to a reshipper which will charge me about USD$32 to send it on to NZ. Not sure it's worth the risk/hassle.
  • Options
    RSS2193RSS2193 Posts: 25
    Does anyone have experience if an address needed to be changed for shipping purposes? Theres a chance Ill be at a different location by time the Vault ships out. Would anyone suggest updating that address sooner rather than later?

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    bazzer said:
    bazzer said:

Actually third option is USD$17 to a reshipper which will charge me about USD$32 to send it on to NZ. Not sure it's worth the risk/hassle.
    yeah, too expensive this time round.  It's getting harder to be an overseas fan these days.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    So nothing was fixed regarding the shipping? Paying members and fans of the band continue to be charged exorbitant shipping prices upfront at time of purchase? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    demetrios said:
    10club's EU store really needs to fix their shipping rate, cause damn!!! :o

What purpose does it serve quoting a postage rate from the UK to Canada? Prices are determined by published weight rates and shipper has no discretion to challenge rates.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Well, of course 10c could do something about the shipping rates. They could negotiate the rates with the current company. Or use a different company. Experience shows that charging 52 EUR for shipping a 4-LP-Box from the UK to Europe is too expensive. 

@Santos L. Halper told us, that they would take another look at this mess if would be great to know, if they are still looking into this or if they are telling us to pay it or leave it alone. 
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    edited October 2020
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    bazzer said:

yeah, too expensive this time round.  It's getting harder to be an overseas fan these days.
    Agreed.
    Post edited by Release EV on
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Nothing happen?, then no vault this time.
  • Options
    I heard that there is a big election in the US today, where they will decide about the shipping costs of the Euro store. 

@Santos L. Halper please be so kind to tell us afterwards, if you are still looking into this or if this issue is settled as it is.