psst...10/10/2020

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The cost went up by almost $1.50 when processing. Don’t know if it was the taxes or shipping. Had the total in the cart of about $75.90, after it processed it said my card was charged $77.27
    Less than $1.50, more annoying than anything. But $16.70 for ships within the states, shipping is ridiculous all around. No doubt They are making at least $10 profit on the shipping. Kind of ridiculous.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    demetrios said:
    Anyone elses shipping price change when processing an order?

I payed with Apple Pay, don’t think this was an option. At least I don’t remember seeing the shipping options 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I’m scared to even look at what shipping to NZ would be... I’ll probably order and have it sent to someone in the states to hold it for me.. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Sarava said:
    So I see this has been re-mixed by Josh Evans. That gives me hope.

I was at the Moline show. In fact, it was my first PJ general admission experience. What a memory! A day or two after the show, someone here linked to an audience bootleg. It wasn't even from the soundboard, but I still to this day love listening to it. I listen to it more than the official Moline bootleg that I purchased. You can hear and feel the audience, where it gets mostly lost in the official bootlegs. It gives me the feeling of being 10-12 rows back of Ed that I had that night.

Long story short (too late heh), I really hope Josh incorporated more of the audience in to this vault release.
    If you want to hear what Josh will do with this remix, he did a Home Show. It’s on Nugs. Sounds pretty good. More audience? Not really. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    Sarava said:
    So I see this has been re-mixed by Josh Evans. That gives me hope.

I was at the Moline show. In fact, it was my first PJ general admission experience. What a memory! A day or two after the show, someone here linked to an audience bootleg. It wasn't even from the soundboard, but I still to this day love listening to it. I listen to it more than the official Moline bootleg that I purchased. You can hear and feel the audience, where it gets mostly lost in the official bootlegs. It gives me the feeling of being 10-12 rows back of Ed that I had that night.

Long story short (too late heh), I really hope Josh incorporated more of the audience in to this vault release.
    If you want to hear what Josh will do with this remix, he did a Home Show. It’s on Nugs. Sounds pretty good. More audience? Not really. 
    Wouldn't be a Pearl Jam live bootleg without a severe lack of crowd. If Eddie doesn't leave it to the audience to sing and a part and you hear crickets - it's aint a Pearl Jam live bootleg.

Not saying the crowd should be like a wet blanket over everything like on KISS Alive II -- but when the crowd sings or the band want the crowd to sing - LET IT BE HEARD.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Things I definitely don't buy bootlegs and vaults to hear, fans. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    really guys ?? Pfffff.
    the objective of a EU store is not to charge in Euros... is to optimize shipping cost ... from EUROPE to EUROPE.!!!

-- rafa
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    mace1229 said:
    The cost went up by almost $1.50 when processing. Don’t know if it was the taxes or shipping. Had the total in the cart of about $75.90, after it processed it said my card was charged $77.27
    Less than $1.50, more annoying than anything. But $16.70 for ships within the states, shipping is ridiculous all around. No doubt They are making at least $10 profit on the shipping. Kind of ridiculous.
    i saw about that much an increase when i ordered and i just assumed it was taxes ON the shipping cost being added. not 100% that is the case here, since that part wasn't itemized at all, but ~$1.50 tax seemed right for my state (which does assess sales tax on shipping service costs) at that shipping cost.
  • So has anyone actually heard back from anyone at Ten Club or Probity?

i am trying to understand how shipping from UK to UK is 3,99 GBP and shipping from UK to EU is 52 EUR, basically the same as shipping from US to EU!?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the most funny part is i checked now to see if there is any change in europe shop and its actually 1 euro more the shipping cost..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 493
    Does anyone know if there will be a difference in the pressing again?  If I remember correctly from the  last vault, those sold in the European store were pressed in Europe and the so from the US store were pressed in the US.  Wonder if this will be the same?

that said the eu store shipping price is outrageous!!😳
  • What’s crazy is it’s probably pressed in the EU, shipped to the UK for distribution and then shipped back to the EU at a crazy high price for those who live there. 
  • You have to assume they’re accounting for post-Brexit shipping costs on the basis of a no deal, which just sucks for everyone.
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    They are just calculating the weight incorrectly and over charging us.

You can order a 4lp set set from Probitymerch's Metallica EU shop for 16 euros shipping.
    If you order the same 4lp set AND a 2lp set it is 20 euros.
    If you order 4lp + 2lp + 2lp, then the shipping price jumps to familiar 51 euros.

Metallica vinyl can not be so much more light weight than PJ vault.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    mrk2 said:
    They are just calculating the weight incorrectly and over charging us.

You can order a 4lp set set from Probitymerch's Metallica EU shop for 16 euros shipping.
    If you order the same 4lp set AND a 2lp set it is 20 euros.
    If you order 4lp + 2lp + 2lp, then the shipping price jumps to familiar 51 euros.

Metallica vinyl can not be so much more light weight than PJ vault.
    Sounds like an explanation. It would be great, if 10c would adress this issue here or answer to the e-Mails send to them. The answer can be „it is what it is“, but giving no answer is not how a Fanclub should act towards its members (and also not how a business should reply to potential customer). 
    edited October 2020
    Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATINGI understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise") -- But come on.

IT HAS BEEN FOUR (4) DAYS SINCE YOUR NEWSLETTER AND THE SHIPPING PROBLEM

Get an intern to do it, if your zoom meetings are so stacked that you do not have ONE MINUTE (60 seconds).
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    $17 shipping! U-S-A! U-S-A!

• UK is £3.99 / equivalent US $5.20.

Insert flag waving here.
  • Three million euros shipping here.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Three million euros shipping here.

Is that you holding the Swedish flag?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Three million euros shipping here.

Is that you holding the Swedish flag?!
    No. I'm not a nationalist.
  • Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATING. I understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise") -- But come on.

Get an intern to do it, if your zoom meetings are so stacked that you do not have ONE MINUTE (60 seconds).
    well said
    You have to assume they’re accounting for post-Brexit shipping costs on the basis of a no deal, which just sucks for everyone.
     nothing to do with that 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    edited October 2020
    My $0.02

I lost faith and love with 10C in terms of their merch and releases back in 2012.  Because we love PJ, it's often difficult to say bad things about 10C or them in general, but in this case, it kind of needed to be said. 

When they released PJ20 on bluray, they released a $60 'limited edition - exclusive content' version.  I of course purchased. Later that year, they re-released it on blu ray, with the EXACT same content for $40. 

I personally didn't care all that much about the packaging, it was more the exclusive content that I wanted and as such, bought the limited edition.  When I saw that a much cheaper version of the movie was being released with THE EXACT SAME CONTENT on it... I questioned 10C. 

Their response was in my opinion brutal from a customer service standpoint. And it's totally worth mentioning that we are in fact customers here. This is not a free fan club, we pay membership. 

After explaining why I was a bit annoyed, this was their verbatim response:  "content is identical, packaging is different - 10c"  Verbatim. So I asked why there was a $20 per item difference. Verbatim response: "packaging costs for the reissues are $20 less than the original."  

Do I take them at their word? A blu ray package can somehow be $20 different per item to manufacture.  Not to mention, they completely dismissed what I believe to be false advertising (exclusive content, my butt).  

Now we have this fiasco....   and for those "stop complaining - if you don't like it don't buy"   my response is "no."   I pay my dues here and if I want to complain, I shall :)   As for not buying, you're correct.  And I did. I stopped buying releases from 10C because they are simply too expensive and not worth it. When the re-issue vinyl came out, I went local record store. And why not.  Cheaper and easier. There no added value or incentive to buy from 10C. It's remarkable that after market records could somehow be less expensive than buying from 10C because of shipping....  but here we are. Does 10C give two craps? It honestly never seems like it. 
    Post edited by Parksy on
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
    Parksy said:

Now we have this fiasco....   and for those "stop complaining - if you don't like it don't buy"   my response is "no."   I pay my dues here and if I want to complain, I shall :)   As for not buying, you're correct.  And I did. I stopped buying releases from 10C because they are simply too expensive and not worth it. When the re-issue vinyl came out, I went local record store. And why not.  Cheaper and easier. There no added value or incentive to buy from 10C. It's remarkable that after market records could somehow be less expensive than buying from 10C because of shipping....  but here we are. Does 10C give two craps? It honestly never seems like it. 
     the thing is this...we are not talking about what band put out fore sale..their call their business
    but here we have the uk shop which suppose to help european fans lower the cost,do not pay taxes and custom
    and the company handles the release and ship em directly says to us..fuck off we gonna steal your money and triple charge the shipping cost..
    thats why im not ordering it..yeah im collector and all,but i dont llike been treated  like that and they think im a fool.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Parksy said:

the thing is this...we are not talking about what band put out fore sale..their call their business
    but here we have the uk shop which suppose to help european fans lower the cost,do not pay taxes and custom
    and the company handles the release and ship em directly says to us..fuck off we gonna steal your money and triple charge the shipping cost..
    thats why im not ordering it..yeah im collector and all,but i dont llike been treated  like that and they think im a fool.

Dimi has spoken.  
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 126
    Parksy said:
    My $0.02

I lost faith and love with 10C in terms of their merch and releases back in 2012.  Because we love PJ, it's often difficult to say bad things about 10C or them in general, but in this case, it kind of needed to be said. 

When they released PJ20 on bluray, they released a $60 'limited edition - exclusive content' version.  I of course purchased. Later that year, they re-released it on blu ray, with the EXACT same content for $40. 

I personally didn't care all that much about the packaging, it was more the exclusive content that I wanted and as such, bought the limited edition.  When I saw that a much cheaper version of the movie was being released with THE EXACT SAME CONTENT on it... I questioned 10C. 

Their response was in my opinion brutal from a customer service standpoint. And it's totally worth mentioning that we are in fact customers here. This is not a free fan club, we pay membership. 

After explaining why I was a bit annoyed, this was their verbatim response:  "content is identical, packaging is different - 10c"  Verbatim. So I asked why there was a $20 per item difference. Verbatim response: "packaging costs for the reissues are $20 less than the original."  

Do I take them at their word? A blu ray package can somehow be $20 different per item to manufacture.  Not to mention, they completely dismissed what I believe to be false advertising (exclusive content, my butt).  

Yes.
    edited October 2020
    nvm
    edited October 2020
    Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATING. I understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise") -- But come on.

It has now been six (6) days since the shipping issue with zero communication from you on the issue @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad

And I'm guessing, you are aware of the confusion in the fanbase concerning this, while choosing to stay silent? Please correct me, if I am wrong.

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Does the presale end this week? is that why there is such an urgency to fix the shipping?