• Options
    Any development?
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    bazzer said:
    Yep. My choices shipping for NZ are USD$73 from 10C or USD$220 from EU! :(

Actually third option is USD$17 to a reshipper which will charge me about USD$32 to send it on to NZ. Not sure it's worth the risk/hassle.
    yeah, too expensive this time round.  It's getting harder to be an overseas fan these days.
    Another option now that youshop is doing sea freight. Half the price but could take 2 months.
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    edited November 2020
    Final call for the vault 10 according to the newsletter. I guess that means no update on shipping costs from Euro store, although @Santos L. Halper said they were looking into it. Disappointing. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    Santos, when will the preorder end?
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    I think I’m gonna pull the trigger here and go for that f**** expensive shipping :-/
    -- rafa
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    edited November 2020
    Hawk123 said:
    Does the presale end this week? is that why there is such an urgency to fix the shipping? 
    Presale does NOT end this week. Give us some time to figure some things out once our full CS team is back from trying to take a few days off. 
    We are still in the middle of a pandemic, please keep this in mind when we don't respond right away.
    Back to my stacked zoom meetings.
    slh 
    How's it going? 

A month since the newsletter. And a month - 7 days since your response?

More than "a few days off".

@Santos L. Halper

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Hawk123 said:
    Does the presale end this week? is that why there is such an urgency to fix the shipping? 
    Presale does NOT end this week. Give us some time to figure some things out once our full CS team is back from trying to take a few days off. 
    We are still in the middle of a pandemic, please keep this in mind when we don't respond right away.
    slh 
    How's it going? 

A month since the newsletter. And a month - 7 days since your response?

More than "a few days off".

@Santos L. Halper

I don't really want an answer to this anymore (unless it involves retrospective refunds! :D), finally pulled the trigger, didn't want to miss out!
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Yeah so do I: hoping for some refund... I just pulled the trigger too.
    -- rafa
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Hoccapuk said:
    Santos, when will the preorder end?

Wish we knew. Best to place an order now before it's too late.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I think I’m gonna pull the trigger here and go for that f**** expensive shipping :-/
    good for u..with this shipping cost,musicglue will not get my money 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It is interesting to see, that you are exclusively blaming musicglue for this debacle. This is Pearl Jam´s European store, so 10c is at least partly to blame. And I can’t understand why they are stating here in the forum, that they are looking into this and don’t care to give us a follow-up on this.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    axeljohan said:
    It is interesting to see, that you are exclusively blaming musicglue for this debacle. This is Pearl Jam´s European store, so 10c is at least partly to blame. And I can’t understand why they are stating here in the forum, that they are looking into this and don’t care to give us a follow-up on this.
     yes,cos i know what musicglue did..musicglue already answer to fans email them about it that its cos of the shipping company they use and cos of tracking,which is bullshit answer as well
    10c part and fault is that they didnt jump on it to fix it..and probably they eat musicglue excuse that its "BREXIT" Fault ..which we all know its not..
    but the money for the shipping goes to musicglue pocket..thats why i said musicglue will not get my money 
    also,its not pj shop..its a big comnpany that made deal with pj to sell some pj merch and ship from uk..
    as u can see they have a couple of vinyl and some shirt that made in european companies ,like the sports shirt and dont give up ones,,
    they have nothing else from the merch 10c selling.

Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Is there a list anywhere of the vault releases? Which no’s are which. 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Thanks 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    It's a bit of a dickbag move, but...I wonder how many people buy two, knowing that they can recoup the shipping costs by flipping the second vault.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    It's a bit of a dickbag move, but...I wonder how many people buy two, knowing that they can recoup the shipping costs by flipping the second vault.
    Hmmmm...
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Just out of interest, why would this be considered a dickbag move when they are not limited in number? Not defending anyone for doing this, just curious.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    PeterED said:
    Hmmmm...
     Just kidding, but when I saw your comment, this is what I thought of.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    Are we expecting any kind of update on this?
    $72.99 (plus $5.50 taxes!) to ship a $55 Vault is insane...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    No, I don’t expect any changes and not even any comments on this from @Santos L. Halper or 10c. It looks like they don’t care enough to even give an update / final comment here. Which would be a shame. 
  • Options
    the shipping cost in europe from europe shop  was 51 euros,then went 52..
    now its 53.22 
    funny..its getting more expensive
    thanks

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    edited November 2020
    demetrios said:
    goldrush said:
    Just throwing this out there for reference...

The shipping cost to Australia for Neil Young’s 10-disc Archives II box set was only $15.99

Hopefully 10C can do something about the Vault shipping

Disappointed there is no Blu-ray release. Believe I paid less on the Archives Volume 1 Blu-ray then what they are selling for just the CD's for Archives Volume 2. Yeah it includes a card to download the digital downloads. Not sure why they couldn't burn the hi-res 192/24 audio on Blu-ray like Volume 1 with custom menus / chapters & all.  :/  As for weight, Vault 10 is 5 lbs. NY Archives V2 Box Set might be a little lighter.

The Archives II box set arrived in Sydney today (24/11), only 4 days after its official release date.
    It weighs in at almost 7lb, making it heavier than a Vault.

The shipping cost was $15.99 and it got here a hell of a lot quicker than I have ever received anything from 10C...

So, the question remains... why is the Vault shipping so damned expensive?
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    the shipping cost in europe from europe shop  was 51 euros,then went 52..
    now its 53.22 
    funny..its getting more expensive
    thanks

Well, it looks like Santos looked into this and decided shipping was too cheap, so they fixed that. It’s the Only logical explanation. 
  • Options
    Buddy of mine just paid $18 us shipping for an 8lp and 5lp box set from the dmb warehouse to Canada. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    edited January 2021
    Hawk123 said:
    slh 
    How is your time being spent here to "figure some things out", your CS team had "a few days off" in mid October. That is, if I am counting correctly three (3) months ago now? That sure is "some time" - isn't it?

I doubt your stacked zoom meeting can be that stacked, can they? 

So let me repost this - three months later but still being, by my perception, very much true:

A: It still took your organisation a full week (7 days) to offer any form of communication (added in jan 2021: NOW THREE (3) MONTHS OF SILENCE) (and that communication being your post above), following a major confusing fuck up in your newsletter. I fail to see how communicating would be removed for a full week (7 day) because of the pandemic, coming from an org myself sending out newsletters and keeping in contact with costumers. The infrastructure to reach out to us (the fanbase) is all digital and a login away, so I fail to see how a pandemic or some people "taking a few days off" would stop one (1) with the authority (let's use you as an example) to take one minute or less, to communicate when knowing complete confusion exist. Whether you were sitting at home or not. I would imagine you have a smartphone, or a computer with the information needed to login to the places you need to login. And I have a hard time seeing that this problem would not have entered your radar (and/or someone else having the login for Pearl Jams SoMe channels and/or here), a lot earlier than 7 days post the newsletter. But please, tell me wrong?

The confusion surrounding this appeared moments after the Newsletters was sent out. I fail to see how your organisation would not know about the fuck up at once on Saturday (that would be seven (7) days of choosing to keep fans completely in the dark)  -- or are you telling us it took seven days for you to even find out about the issue because your "full CS team" or anyone being able to log on here, went completely off the grid from the newsletter going out and for seven days following? That would be quite the coincidence, wouldn't it?

But also:

B: This is not an isolated incident, but coming off a string of past occurrences of your organisation showing an, according to most fans I talk to (off the forum, I know many fans doesn't feel confident speaking up concerning this fanclub - which also is a culture that isn't healthy and should not be hand-waived away), systemic lack of communication. Whether that is coming from a lack of skill within your organisation or some strategy of keeping the fanbase time and time again in the dark, I do not know, but it doesn't take away from the fact shown by history to exist. How do you, yourself think e.g.  the communication surrounding the last two fanclub singles went (or is going rather, in that never ending saga)? 

So, it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt here that communication would have been quicker, more transparent and less reluctant if there would not have been this pandemic -- this pandemic seemingly stopping one (1) of you to log in on twitter, or facebook or on here and say something

It doesn't really come off as plausible to me (as stated, also working with communication, newsletters and customers and bringing this question up with some colleagues). Are you able to see this point of view @Santos L. Halper and/or @Rubysdad ?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436
    I think your odds of a response are inversely proportional to how antagonizing your posts are. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Just out of interest, why would this be considered a dickbag move when they are not limited in number? Not defending anyone for doing this, just curious.

Maybe that's the wrong term, but there's something weird about "Let me flip a pressed-to-order item to a non-member when there's absolutely nothing stopping that non-member from joining."

Like who would pay $250 for an item when they can buy that same item for far less PLUS buy a membership? Is your relationship with the band that weird that you want to pay a flipper more than what it would take for you to join 10C? Is it some sort of "stick it to the band because I got hosed on too many mystery boxes?"

I have questions.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    I think your odds of a response are inversely proportional to how antagonizing your posts are. 
    That might be true. But since 10c does not answer to these questions, no matter how nice you ask them, the result is always the same. 

So, not buying is the only choice a customer has to be heard. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Doubt it matters one bit. And point out what would be wrong in my post? Name one thing.