The Food Thread

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Damn that looks good!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Oh hell yeah...that's my personal default for feeding a bunch of people at my house. Get some fresh rolls, extra sharp prov, roasted red peppers, long hots. Pile it on.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Some belly tonight.

• eddiec said:
    Some belly tonight.

Holy shit man!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Dude, what in the absolute fuck?!?!  Where did you get this? Is Ireland accepting new residents? Bout to get out of this shit hole.
    edited September 2020
    My fish guy is great. I can pretty much get whatever I want throughout the year. He has a cool website as well and they deliver. I went this morning and picked these two pieces up. If you want to have a quick look at his website:
    https://eatmorefish.ie/

He took a trip to Japan a couple years ago and learned how they filet Blue Fin. He also bought some special freezer so Tuna is available the whole year because the season is very short and EU regulations further complicate things. Anyway, rice on now.

Edit: He even built his own live room in the shop where he has bathtubs filled with lobster, crabs and all sorts of shellfish with a running water system connecting them all.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    eddiec said:
    My fish guy is great. I can pretty much get whatever I want throughout the year. He has a cool website as well and they deliver. I went this morning and picked these two pieces up. If you want to have a quick look at his website:
    https://eatmorefish.ie/

He took a trip to Japan a couple years ago and learned how they filet Blue Fin. He also bought some special freezer so Tuna is available the whole year because the season is very short and EU regulations further complicate things. Anyway, rice on now.

Edit: He even built his own live room in the shop where he has bathtubs filled with lobster, crabs and all sorts of shellfish with a running water system connecting them all.
    If only he were around during the great potato famine to remind the island nation that they are quite literally surrounded by food that's much more delicious and nutritious than potatoes.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Ha^

Damn, as usual the pics from you are spectacular, dude 
    Beni toro is amazing.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Tried my hand again with Maqlooba (Palestinian Upside Down).  I found a different recipe from the first time I tried and had much more success this time.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Wow. That is interesting.
    Do you cook the meat, potatoes and veg first, then layer over the rice and add water?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I would love to try that 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Tried my hand again with Maqlooba (Palestinian Upside Down).  I found a different recipe from the first time I tried and had much more success this time.

Wow. I have not seen this before. Looks like it tastes amazing.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    eddiec said:
    Wow. That is interesting.
    Do you cook the meat, potatoes and veg first, then layer over the rice and add water?
    The simple answer is yes, but . . . It is was, for a novice like me, a labour intensive meal to prepare.  All told, it was around 5 hours including preparing the chicken and marinade the night before.  Definitely worth it though.  Enough to eat for three days.

I found a recipe online that really closely matches what I remembered eating in East Jerusalem.  The husband who ate it numerous times in the West Bank and East J over the course of the year, said it tasted just like what he remembered.  Now to try to recreate Mansaf, Mujadara, and Turkish salad.

I would love to try that 
    This is the recipe that I used.

https://fauziaskitchenfun.com/recipe/rice-meals/maqlooba-upside-down-rice/

I made a few modifications including using a half cup of yoghurt in the marinade (I had 10 pieces of chicken).  And I only had ground cardamom and cumin so I adjusted accordingly. Also I had turmeric curcumin on hand, so I used that.  For veg I used potato’s, carrots and cauliflower.

I hope you try it, it’s really tasty and filling.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Thanks!
  • Great job everyone!
    That’s wild. I have never seen anything like it. Love this thread 
    Ordered up a small pork shoulder (boneless)
    Nothing like the big bad boy pics you all are sharing....but I took some potato buns, put them face down in the original pan's juices, slapped on a few slices of pig....and damn, that shit is a sammy to chew on.  

Pork is just below raw fish on the consistently great scale.

Hell yeah!! That looks great dude 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The more pork I eat the more I shun beef lol
    I never noticed how much you taste that metallic, blood, taste in beef until I ate more pork and fish.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Baked corn pie totally authentic Chilean Dish I’d say the closet comparison would be shepherds pie! The crust you see is corn that was cut away from husks and blended with basil and a few other spices, the pie consist of ground meat , chicken ,hard boil eggs olives , raisins , onions all baked at 375 for at at least 1 1/2 hr. By far my favorite Chilean Dish best with fresh corn! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Oh man I have not had that but would love it based on your description and the look of it.
    Nice!
    That looks friggen awesome. I am not a fan of raisins in savory dishes, but I’d get down 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Geez there are some amazing dishes out there. Nice work everyone! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Had a late lunch so wasn’t really hungry for dinner. Instead, I made this late night snack of a pizza bagel. I didn’t have any mozzarella so I used pepper jack. 

• GlowGirl said:
    Had a late lunch so wasn’t really hungry for dinner. Instead, I made this late night snack of a pizza bagel. I didn’t have any mozzarella so I used pepper jack. 

Pizza bagels rock & jack cheese good to go..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Mexicans are the best 

Good frigging FSM that looks amazing.
    Good food to watch your team lose to the 49ers with
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Mexicans are the best 

An authentic home cooked tamale is one of my favorite foods on the planet. 
    Good frigging FSM that looks amazing.
    Good food to watch your team lose to the 49ers with
    Haha tacos were amazing. Giants stink something fierce 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sunday sauce.  Yessss! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......