The Food Thread

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
    edited October 2023
    No. Good frozen perogies. Made pot roast a few days ago. Underwhelmed, so this made it delicious. Never thought of these two things together. Works well.
  • Looks fantastic!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Loujoe said:
    No. Good frozen perogies. Made pot roast a few days ago. Underwhelmed, so this made it delicious. Never thought of these two things together. Works well.
    You get Mrs T's or something else?
    From a shop by me. 3 bucks a dozen. Made in PA. Seems like small batch stuff. Who knows!??
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    GlowGirl said:
    Been a minute since I popped in here…

I opened my mouth over the summer and told the wife I’d start handling the majority of the cooking around here. Been knocking out some tasty things and finally feeling comfortable in the kitchen and loving it!

anyways, knocked out a chicken cacciatore tonight. Used a recipe I got years ago from an old timer I used to work with. It was his grandmother’s from the “old country.” Turned out great!

Yum! I got myself a pasta maker a while ago and have been making pasta like crazy, so much that I needed a break lol I made a bread this weekend, and I used pulverized dehydrated homegrown tomatoes and nasturtium for the green and brownish layer. Yellow was with turmeric. You couldn't really taste the nasturtium but the tomato powder is quite amazing. I plan on using it also for extra oomph in tomato sauces.

That bread looks amazing and so pretty. I am a decent cook but have no baking skills at all. The only time I ever tried to make bread it was so dense and heavy it could have been used as a doorstop. Completely inedible. I never tried to make bread again except for cornbread (which actually did come out ok). 

I am not good with sweet baking (except for cinnamon rolls) but I have my bread down. I am a German living in the US, and baking my own bread is a necessity because I do not need a bunch of weird additions and sugar in a bread. This particular bread was a little fun play, it was a Japanese cloud bread recipe. Usually I do simple flour, yeast, salt, water breads or sourdough. Yeast breads are so good and not hard to make at all. Go for it!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I have this pelmeni maker and a pierogi maker when things are urgent. Dumplings are life!

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    If I eat mostly plant based, low fat (very little oil), and I mostly cook soup what would I do with this? I'm getting it as a thank you gift for dog sitting.

I'm excited to try new types of cooking, but I don't know what to do with it. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Give it away give it away give it away now
    edited October 2023
    I've been looking online. I can grill tofu or veggies. I hope I can switch out stock for oil. I'll figure something out.

Aha! Grilled polenta! I see awesomeness in my future  :)
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Ate at The Palm last night in Manhattan had lump crab meat appetizer wife had lobster ravioli and we ordered this porterhouse for two with hand cut fries! Food was outstanding and so were the drinks, prices are what we expected! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Ate at The Palm last night in Manhattan had lump crab meat appetizer wife had lobster ravioli and we ordered this porterhouse for two with hand cut fries! Food was outstanding and so were the drinks, prices are what we expected! 
    Looks good! The crab ravioli sounds divine. 😋 

Excuse my double post!
  • The Palm is badass.
    Abuddt has his face painted up there, we used to go frequently.  (On expense account!)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    That looks amazing. Was it a special occasion?

The Palm is badass.
    Abuddt has his face painted up there, we used to go frequently.  (On expense account!)
    GlowGirl said:
    That looks amazing. Was it a special occasion?

Lucky you F and we had some points we needed to use from our vacation club stayed at decent hotel near the Palm! Enjoyed it thoroughly 
    Pear Caflouti wife baked it! Used pears we get from farm to table program 
    Very nice job. 
    Lamb roast no bone! Made a marinade Olive oil salt&pepper oregano fresh rosemary lots of garlic, small amount of fresh lemon juice and red vinegar baking it at 375 for 1 hour 1/2 
  • I'm on my way!
    I'm on my way!
    Ok I’ll be ready for a nice dinner what do you prefer mashed potatoes or yellow rice or sweet potatoes? Red wine is a must 
  • Fuck it I'm boarding a flight. See you soon
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I'm on my way!
    Ok I’ll be ready for a nice dinner what do you prefer mashed potatoes or yellow rice or sweet potatoes? Red wine is a must 
    Ha.  Yellow rice, my Puerto Rican blood wants rice with everything. 
    Lamb roast no bone! Made a marinade Olive oil salt&pepper oregano fresh rosemary lots of garlic, small amount of fresh lemon juice and red vinegar baking it at 375 for 1 hour 1/2 
    That looks delicious. Make sure to show us the finished dish. 
  • Roast potatoes and roast sweet potatoes for me please 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Mashed potatoes are fine too just need a salad I’ll do beefsteak tomatoes fresh mozzarella basil vinaigrette and can never eat with out a good Italian bread! 

Mashed potatoes are fine too just need a salad I’ll do beefsteak tomatoes fresh mozzarella basil vinaigrette and can never eat with out a good Italian bread! 
    That looks incredible!! Enjoy. 
  • Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

GlowGirl said:

That looks incredible!! Enjoy. 
    Beautiful 
    Thanks! Starting this Wednesday I’ll be ending my employment at the hospital I’ve been there 29 years time to walk on, so I’ll have more time spend in the kitchen lots of cooking to be done 
  • I hope you can have the most wonderful time now. You have done above and beyond helping others. Time for you now.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07